Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Updated Ranks

It seems we've reached Captain a lot faster then I thought we would. As things were, Captain was the highest rank you could reach by posting. I've adjusted that by adding a new rank. Our board Mods are now Rear Admirals and The rank of Commodore is next in the "promotion by posting" ranks. So the promotion levels are as follows:

0-4 Posts is a Cadet

5-25 Posts is an Ensign.

26-50 Posts Lietunant JG

51-100 Posts is a Lieutenant.

101-250 Posts is a Lt. Commander.

251-500 Posts is a Commander.

501-999 Posts is a Captain.

1000+ Posts is a Commodore.

And as I said before, if you reach a promotion level and I don't notice please PM me so I can post a promotion notice. As we get larger it's getting harder for me to spot the promotions as they happen.

Edited by VaBeachGuy

Just a small change, I added the opening rank of Cadet for posters with 0 to 4 postings. I won't be announcing when someone goes from Cadet to Ensign in the promotion board though.

I just want to post another reminder that if you reach promotion level and an announcement is not posted, please PM me or one of the other Mods so we can post the announcement.

With over 200 members now it's becoming difficult for me to keep track of everyones rank and promotion status.

You may notice the Ranks have been adjusted slightly. I filled in the cadet ranks. For the first 4 posts made the poster will gain one cadet pip. On the 5th post the Cadet "graduates" and becomes an Ensign.

Then you may notice the last 2 ranks 2 Bar and 3 Bar Federation Ambassador for 5,000 and 10,000 postings.

Another slight adjustment has been made to correct an oversight on my part. I've added the rank of Lt. Junior Grade to the rank structure. The only people this will affect are those that had not yet been promoted to Lt yet, and the way it affects you is that you have automatically been promoted from Ensign to Lt. JG (If you have 26-50 posts).

For promotions, I try to post the announcements for each members promotions all on the same day about once a week. If you reach promotion level and haven't seen a promotion thread started yet keep an eye open for it within that week.

Since the hurricane hit I'e been having a lot of trouble keeping my connection to the internet so if there is a little delay just keep watching, it'll get posted.

I just wanted to remind everyone that I won't be announcing promotions to Lt. (jg) unless I get a PM requesting that I do so. That means that the first time you should see a promotion thread for yourself is when you reach Lt. (51 posts). If you would like for me to make the promotion announcement for the Lt. (jg) rank then please PM me when you reach that rank and I will do so.