Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Odie

Odie's Orders

I just found out today that my request for orders to San Diego just got approved. I will be there around March if everything goes well enough for me. :) :P :( :partytime: :toot: :band:

:) Thats great news Odie i know how long you have been waiting for this :P

Congratulations, Petty Officer. of all the places I've been stationed (Great Lakes, San Diego, Bangor WA, Groton Conn.) San Diego was my favorite.

Congratulations, Petty Officer. of all the places I've been stationed (Great Lakes, San Diego, Bangor WA, Groton Conn.) San Diego was my favorite.

268022[/snapback]

Thank you, sir. During the short time I was on the O'Brien I completely enjoyed my time in San Diego.

Very true Janeway. Japan is a nice country, but I do miss United States

I'm glad you got what you wanted, but you actually wanted to go to San Deigo? I lived there for over 3 years, and I was so happy to leave. I thought that place was a hell-hole.

But, hey, to each their own. Good luck!

I have my reasons some of it is personel. One of biggest reasons it will help career if I go on different type of ships. When I was select for the orders there only 2 ships that are station in the United States that allowed females on board. It either San Diego or San Diego.

Thanks Alterego, mj, and Angel of Darkness. I really can't wait. Since I am going on a small boy. Navy calls destroyers and cursers small boys. Please don't ask me why, because I really don't no the reason. I am expecting to be very busy. Pulling in and out of port a lot.

But you do have 'Net access, right? Cos it would really suck to be on such a long trip without my darling Internet. But congrats anyway =D

It would depend on the mission. Most of the time small ship can't support the band width that is required for internet accesss. If I do have access it would be so sssslllloooowwww it wouldn't be worth the time and effort. Plus with my job I won't have much time to go on the internet. I will be working 16 to 18 hour days when the ship is underway. Even with all the hours that I have to put it I am very much look forward going back to a sea command. :angry: Its my job and I won't be in the Navy for 7 years if I didn't like it.