Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Trekkies 2 Soundtrack and Warp 11 News

Here's an update on the Trekkies 2 Soundtrack and some Warp 11 Band News..

On Tuesday, Oct. 5, Warp 11 music will be available in music stores NATIONWIDE for the first time, on the Paramount Pictures "Trekkies 2" Soundtrack. As featured in the movie, our songs "Red Alert" and "Everything I Do, I Do With William Shatner" are presented in pristine studio form on the soundtrack. Sure, you've already purchased our last album "Red Alert" with these songs (haven't you?), but there's also songs from other twisted Trek metal, punk, rock and "filk" (science fiction folk) bands, the "Trekkies 2" theme song "Beam Me Up" by The B-52's front man Fred Schneider, the orchestral score, and funny interview bits from both "Trekkies" and "Trekkies 2" movies.

To celebrate the release of the "Trekkies 2" soundtrack, Warp 11 will be performing a special acoustic show on Friday, Oct. 1 at 7:00 pm at Dimple Records in Sacramento, Calif. (2433 Arden Way). This is a free show open to all ages. The soundtrack will be on special advance sale this night, and everyone who buys the soundtrack will be entered in a random drawing to win one of ten cool prizes awarded that night.

The "Trekkies 2" soundtrack is at college radio stations nationwide right now getting airplay, so call your local station and request "Everything I Do" today. (See the request phone number list at http://www.trekkies2.com/soundtrack_radio_requests.php).

As if that wasn't enough, on Saturday, Oct. 2, Warp 11 beams down to G Street Pub in Davis, Calif. for a swingin' back-to-school concert with our guests The Kimberly Trip. Show starts at 10:00 pm, ages 21+, 228 G Street.

Oh and we finally finished mixing the new CD. We are in the process of finishing the artwork now for the CD sleeve now. It should be available very soon and even though my opinion is somewhat biased, I think it turned out great.