Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

~ Do You Have 'Car' Pets? ~

I usually do. Everyime I get a new car I have to color co-ordinate them with the interior :laugh: Since I have a black car now, with gray interior, I have a huge black spider on the dash and a black and green lizard draped over my rear-view mirror. I've always wanted a 'Car' pet that would hang on the side window. I've seen Garfield in some people's cars. I think he's hysterical. HMmm, I wonder if there is a web-site for this??? :( I'll have to look. :(

post-897-1096303345.jpg

This little guy is locked in a hot car in the sun with all the windows rolled up!! :( :laugh: :(

Plush Toy Abuse Is More Common Than You'd Think

SOMEWHERE-- The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Stuffed Animals (SPCSA) is appalled by the treatment of plush toys, and they're ready to start knocking the stuffing out of those who abuse their soft, cuddly, huggables.

This cute plush toy has been left in a locked car with the windows rolled up.

The Society charges that every day stuffed animals are being abused, and no one is giving a stitch about it. They say that Teddy bears are being chewed by household pets, Beanie Babies are being left to suffocate inside "protective" plastic pouches, and sock monkeys are left in disrepair, their foam stuffing littering carpets from open tears in their fabric.

"It's horrible the way these 'comfort' toys are being treated," said Anita Biere, spokesperson for the SPCSA. "Children aren't responsible enough to care for stuffed animals. Their nurturing instincts aren't fully developed; they're just as likely to tickle Elmo to tears as pet their plush puppy."

The SPCSA has been trying to teach compassion for several years, but their message isn't reaching everyone.

"I caught my seven-year-old tearing the ears off of his Teddy Ruxpin bear," admitted Monica Tandour, mother. "He was being beaten like a rag doll. Well, you better believe I put a stop to that right away, but who's to say he won't do it again as soon as I turn my back?"

Teddy bears, like this poor guy, may sit all summer waiting to be played with.

Anita blames violent video games, punk music, and insolent 'attitudes' for much of the abuse.

"Of course we can't discount the fact that plush animals can't speak, whimper, or otherwise show their pain and unhappiness," she said. "They truly can't speak for themselves, except in Toy Story. But I know when I look into the faded plastic eyes of a poor teddy that's been stuffed onto the dashboard of a car in the hot sun, I can hear their silent cries. That's why I care."

Despite the best efforts of Anita Biere and the Society, stuffed animal rights activists are not getting the respect of the community. While they're trying to teach people to foster kindness, respect, and empathy for plush toys, there is still a surprising lack of humane treatment when it comes to caring for toys made out of synthetic fabrics.

"Most people just don't understand," said Anita. "They think of their stuffed animal as a thing, a possession that they can do whatever they want to. We raided one home where we found over fifty stuffed animals all piled together on a young woman's bed!"

"What it amounts to is stuffed animal torture," said Andrew Whippet, stuffed animal rights advocate. "Intentionally mutilating a plush Pooh bear is reprehensible, but it's no worse an offence than leaving it locked in a children's closet, or cramming it into a toy chest with 35 other toys. How would you like it?"

No offense, but that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. I hate stuffed animals. Even when I was a baby, I hated them. To those of you who like them, more power to you, but they are a waste of money. I own real animals, right Coconut, you cute little Maltese? (She is sitting at my feet as I type).

Val, it's not ridiculous. Some people find it comforting and amusing. I have some dolls and a teddy bear from when I was little. And who are you to tell people what to spend their money on anyway? It might be silly but it's NOT ridiculous. I own real animals too and they have their little toys too. Stuffed frogs and lizards. It keeps them company when I'm not here or when they are sleeping. This was meant to be a funny, silly thread for amusement. If you can't get with the program then don't be insulting. :( And I do take offense. :(

I did not mean to insulting. I was just posting my opinion. I apologize. I know that I sometimes speak (or write) without thinking. If you know how to delete that post, go ahead.

I did not mean to insulting. I was just posting my opinion. I apologize. I know that I sometimes speak (or write) without thinking. If you know how to delete that post, go ahead.

267095[/snapback]

:( :(

I have a little black cat plush that I got from Hot Topic on my dash board. That's all. I like black cats, I even have a real black kitty, I posted his pic in some thread, I think in ten forward's photo album thing...