Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

ENTERPRISE DVD RUMOR

By Caillan

September 25, 2004 - 3:48 AM

Star Trek: Enterprise is rumoured to be warping to DVD next year.

Sources reportedly told The Digital Bits that Paramount Home Entertainment is planning to make the official announcement sometime in the week beginning October 4. This week also marks the premiere of Enterprise's fourth season, with "Storm Front, Part I" scheduled to air on Friday, October 8.

The announcement is expected to contain the news that all four seasons of Star Trek: Enterprise will be released on DVD over the course of 2005. Such a release schedule was first rumoured back in June this year (story), but it was not expected that the fourth season of Enterprise, which has not yet been shown on UPN, would also hit stores so soon after its television premiere.

It is not yet known what extra features the DVD sets will include, though that information will likely be revealed when the official announcement is made. However, the Digital Bits noted that fans can "reasonably expect" the episodes to be presented in anamorphic widescreen format with a Dolby Digital 5.1 surround soundtrack.

Please note that this information has not yet been confirmed by Paramount Pictures and until such time you should treat it as you would any other rumour from an unofficial source. The original news can be found at the Digital Bits.

Trek Today

If true will you buy them? I'm undecided. :lol:

For those who missed it eariler in December:

A Look at the Upcoming Enterprise DVD Packaging

ent.jpg

With the four seasons (to date) of Star Trek: Enterprise scheduled to appear on DVD beginning in May 2005, here is a first look at the packaging.

The overall style of the packaging will be in a hard plastic case similar to the three seasons of Star Trek. The packaging will be comparable for both domestic and international versions, with an overall look that is in keeping with the design style of Enterprise.

from st.com

Awesome packaging of the Enterprise's first 3-4 years on DVD (saw the picture)

B) B) B) B)

will have to save up alot of money to first get TNG("7") then DS9("7") and Voyager("7") on DVD

each complete collection and TOS ("3")and Enterprise last

since my first Collection was of the First 2 years of "Beastmaster" on DVD

OMG that's amazing! I HAVE to get those! Just for the boxes!

Oh, and for the episodes too :biggrin:

Wow! Can't wait for the release of the DVDs. Already saving up the pennies!

I hope the packaging is better than the DS9 ones. Mine got damaged very easily...

Comes out May 3rd

http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/stor...ticle/9561.html

$106 at Best Buy! :wow::rofl: :bored: :nono:

I've never paid 106 dollars for anything in my life!!! But I want these sooooo bad :wow:

Well, $91 at Amazon.com and Walmart...

Edited by sea trooper

Comes out May 3rd

http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/stor...ticle/9561.html

$106 at Best Buy! :nono::wow: :bored: :wow:

I've never paid 106 dollars for anything in my life!!!

318131[/snapback]

I've never paid $106 for anything in my life either.........Oh wait........there WAS that girl in Daytona...........Uh.........nevermind.........................

Come on, guys, there's no reason in the world that someone could not forego a pizza delivery or two a month or a couple of trips to a fast food restaurant a month and not have saved $100 bucks every other month to purchase a season of Trek (any series).

They are well worth the money ... we enjoy them very much. We have both DS9 and TNG now (seven seasons each) and we're going to start on Voyager next.

The fans don't think so :)

319280[/snapback]

Hey, I'm sorry if I offended you, really. :rolleyes: I didn't mean it like that, I just don't like the show. I apologise.

The fans don't think so :)

319280[/snapback]

Hey, I'm sorry if I offended you, really. :rolleyes: I didn't mean it like that, I just don't like the show. I apologise.

319284[/snapback]

Well what did you expect to happen? :wink2: