Sign in to follow this  
Mike

What is on your computer desk ?

Aside from monitor/printer/scanner/mouse what is close to your computer..Any pics, statues, decorations ? Do you have any trek stuff nearby ?

Me ? Of course I have trek stuff.. :lol: I have a pic or Kira Nerys, mini busts of Kirk and Spock and a Enterprise replica (1701) near my computer..

What about you all ? Any family pics or Star Trek related things close to your computer ?

For me, my dexk contains my monitor, keyboard and mouse and a scanner. Above my monitor is my printer and a few spindles of CD's and DVD's. There

s some assorted papers and a couple of old hard drives at the moment also and at the far left side is my DVR, VCR and TV along with my alarm clock.

All of this is at the foot of my bed.

Kleenex... :hug:

D&D manuals, Star Trek Chrnology, Klingon Dictionary, Sean Hannity's Let Freedom Ring, Homework.... :lol:

Several Doctor Who books and some videos and DVDs, this collection of tapes on detective radio shows, this statue of a dragon, this Cyberman action figure, this retro-looking orange rocketship, a box of Twinings Earl Grey Tea, and this one odd spinning pen/pencil holder I got at Staples... :lol:

And more books... The Twilight Zone Companion, some TekWar books by Shatner, some Deathlands/Outlanders novels, these Marion Zimmer Bradley books, The X-Files, Quantum Leap, Blade Runner, Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, and DragonLance books, and this one book on the Celtic views on death and living..

post-812-1096014361.jpgpost-812-1095586641.gif

Edited by drwho42

O.K. from left to right. My Barometer, a lamp, Kleenex, a candle, a cd Aaron sent me, a jar of cotton balls, a bottle of isopropal alcohol for cleaning the keyboad, a framed picture of my first Iguana hanging in his tree ( he's dead now), a box of half eaten fudge, ( chocolate walnut), a stack of paperbacks on Nature topics, an ashtray, 3 packs of cigaretts, a roll of tape. OK, that's the left side, now the right side of my desk. A large basket filled with books, my back scratcher, 6 bottles of nail polish, a bottle of nail polish remover, a jar of Q-Tips, a lip-gloss, 3 large bottles of lotions, (Cocoa Butter, Ginger&Lily and Lavender), Aarons framed self portrait, a small box of chocolates, a calender and a large box of Shriver's Salt Water Taffy, a tube of A&D Ointment, and the box with the pink diamond ring in it that Aaron sent me for my birthday. O.K.? :lol:

Edited by Jeanway

There's usually an empty Mtn. Dew can, some cds, and disks, pens & pencils, notepaper and Cornelius (a stuffed/beanie unicorn from way before beanies became popular).

I also have a picture with a unicorn, magic fountain etc.

O.K. from left to right. My Barometer, a lamp, Kleenex, a candle, a cd Aaron sent me, a jar of cotton balls, a bottle of isopropal alcohol for cleaning the keyboad, a framed picture of my first Iguana hanging in his tree ( he's dead now), a box of half eaten fudge, ( chocolate walnut), a stack of paperbacks on Nature topics, an ashtray, 3 packs of cigaretts, a roll of tape. OK, that's the left side, now the right side of my desk. A large basket filled with books, my back scratcher, 6 bottles of nail polish, a bottle of nail polish remover, a jar of Q-Tips, a lip-gloss, 3 large bottles of lotions, (Cocoa Butter, Ginger&Lily and Lavender), Aarons framed self portrait, a small box of chocolates, a calender and a large box of Shriver's Salt Water Taffy, a tube of A&D Ointment, and the box with the pink diamond ring in it that Aaron sent me for my birthday. O.K.? :lol:

266555[/snapback]

:hug: That's a crowded desk..Is there room for the computer ? :clap: I'd love to see a pic of it..(nudge, nudge, hint, hint)

And I didn't know that you're a smoker.. :hug:

Aside from all the computer stuff I have: A bobble head of one of those little aliens from Toy Story, web cam, reading glasses, gum, coaster, couple of water glasses, advil, nail clippers, pens and pencils, my drawing supplies, chapstick, usually an odd assortment of jewelry, and more often then not food in some form, and alot of times game or music CDs...

Ok... let me take a look at my desk... I have a dictionary on the left side next to my computer, and on the other side a picture of Pat Stewart, I always look at it. :hug:

Oh, and a Jean-Luc Picard action figure from "All Good Things" is standing upon the monitor. :lol:

Usually I keep this Lord of the Rings goblet of either ice-water or soda on my computer desk... :lol: Right now a big red dictionary* is taking up the space where I usually have a bag of red candies called: Swedish fish. :hug:

Oh, and I also keep some bookshelves on my computer desk...

I guess there's 'bout 60 books in 'em.

Mines is to the right of me, Mrs.Picard.

The dictionary, I mean.

post-812-1096014361.jpgpost-812-1095586641.gif

Edited by drwho42

O.K. from left to right. My Barometer, a lamp, Kleenex, a candle, a cd Aaron sent me, a jar of cotton balls, a bottle of isopropal alcohol for cleaning the keyboad, a framed picture of my first Iguana hanging in his tree ( he's dead now), a box of half eaten fudge, ( chocolate walnut), a stack of paperbacks on Nature topics, an ashtray, 3 packs of cigaretts, a roll of tape. OK, that's the left side, now the right side of my desk. A large basket filled with books, my back scratcher, 6 bottles of nail polish, a bottle of nail polish remover, a jar of Q-Tips, a lip-gloss, 3 large bottles of lotions, (Cocoa Butter, Ginger&Lily and Lavender), Aarons framed self portrait, a small box of chocolates, a calender and a large box of Shriver's Salt Water Taffy, a tube of A&D Ointment, and the box with the pink diamond ring in it that Aaron sent me for my birthday. O.K.? :blink:

266555[/snapback]

:eek: That's a crowded desk..Is there room for the computer ? :lol: I'd love to see a pic of it..(nudge, nudge, hint, hint)

And I didn't know that you're a smoker.. :(

266585[/snapback]

:( Well, Tig, I just came back into this thread to add something. Your too late. :laugh: After I made that post I sat back and said to myself. "What tha heck IS all this?" :nono: And I spent a half an hour just cleaning it up. So now it's much better, not great, but much improved. And it is a big desk. And NO, I wouldn't take a picture of it. :P I'm sort of a pack-rat.....EWWW, new thread idea, Thanks Tig :wow:

:(

Besides all the computer stuff I have my headphones, a nutrigrain bar and diet coke, my gas bill and my CD case. That's it.

Here's my "desk", a monitor and speakers adorn it. It's really just a TV dinnertable so that's about all I have room for. My Trek reference books and a few novels I try to find time to read are on a grandmother clock to my right. You can just make out the corner of my mousepad left of the keyboard on a separate table. A short bookcase to the left holds our printer

post-2-1097249671.jpg

I have a huge desk and it's a huge mess! :flowers:

I have from left to right...

...stack of bills... empty bubble envelopes for my home business... external hard drive that should go back in the laptop case since I'm not using it... postal scale... hair doo-dads... box cutter... cell phone.... my COFFEE (the important part)... cough drops (I woke up sick today)... ciggies (another smoker here)... router that I can't find the power supply for... outgoing mail stack... monitor and keyboard (finally to the middle of the desk)... a package of blank CD's... stereo reciever (which is wired through the pc so I have an 80 gig audio jukebox)... negatives and negative holders for my film scanner.... business cards... pile o' junk mail... printer.

I'll spare you the full list of what's on the upper shelves. This used to be my hubby's office desk, but when it wouldn't fit into his new office space it became mine!

As for decorations, I have my cat figurine collection lined up on the top shelf, except for the really fragile ones, which I keep in a cabinet because my cats like to knock stuff off my desk! :flowers:

My computer desk is a temporary storage area for stuff I haven't found a place for, yet. A little clown doll, a plastic lizard, a lizard pen, a two big gulp cups full of pens, some photos :laugh: , two drawings :laugh::laugh: , a little glass box with some hair in it :heart::heart::heart: , my wallet sans money, my keys, 2 box cutters, a plastic box with American change :clap: , a plastic box with Canadian change :laugh: , a scattering of notes and post-its, several stacks of cd's and cd-roms, a coaster, a glass of tea on a coaster :biggrin: , a monitor, a mouse(computer species), a printer, and some speakers.

7 lab reports, research, letters, a fan from an astros game, Latin dictionary, Cds, etc.

Scraps of paper where i have joted down notes that i need to remember and forget about anyway :angry: tea, crisps and anything else that i cant b bothered to put away. i also have things like pens, pencils and Music CD's that im going through trying to find one of my fav songs

Well here it is( I might have forgot some stuff) :

Flat screen Monitor

2 Speakers( about 4 inch by 8 inch)

small globe

scrap pieces of paper

StarFleet Command 3 (video game)

2 star trek books( Spectre and Captains Table:Once Burned)

Couple of pictures of me

notepad

case of CD's

More pieces of paper

Bridge commander demo disc

Pencils, erasers, Glue stick, ruler, calculator

Printer/scanner/copier

Printer paper

Computer (I forget what its called but its the box, the rectangular computer)

Warranty papers

Kleenex... :)

D&D manuals, Star Trek Chrnology, Klingon Dictionary, Sean Hannity's Let Freedom Ring, Homework.... :lol:

266503[/snapback]

KLEENEX?? :) :angry:

Well, since this thread started I have cleaned off my desk twice and now it's time to do it again :) It's worse than the first time I replied. And now the BIG question is: "What does the floor around your desk look like??" :lol: Pitiful, just pitiful. :angry: :)

NOW REORGANIZED!!!! :)

History homework due Fri. (two textbooks)

Piano Music (one Bach Sinfonia and a Debussy prelude)

Wireless mouse and keyboard

speakers

mini-fan

physics textbook

Geometry Textbook

Kleenex

stapler

A letter to Brent Spiner, which I need to resend... :angry:

CD's

Pencil Sharpener

Laser Printer

Mechanical pencils

pencils

O.K. from left to right. My Barometer, a lamp, Kleenex, a candle, a cd Aaron sent me, a jar of cotton balls, a bottle of isopropal alcohol for cleaning the keyboad, a framed picture of my first Iguana hanging in his tree ( he's dead now), a box of half eaten fudge, ( chocolate walnut), a stack of paperbacks on Nature topics, an ashtray, 3 packs of cigaretts, a roll of tape. OK, that's the left side, now the right side of my desk. A large basket filled with books, my back scratcher, 6 bottles of nail polish, a bottle of nail polish remover, a jar of Q-Tips, a lip-gloss, 3 large bottles of lotions, (Cocoa Butter, Ginger&Lily and Lavender), Aarons framed self portrait, a small box of chocolates, a calender and a large box of Shriver's Salt Water Taffy, a tube of A&D Ointment, and the box with the pink diamond ring in it that Aaron sent me for my birthday. O.K.? :)

266555[/snapback]

:) That's a crowded desk..Is there room for the computer ? :) I'd love to see a pic of it..(nudge, nudge, hint, hint)

And I didn't know that you're a smoker.. :hug:

266585[/snapback]

You shouldn't smoke :hug: it's bad for you!

7 lab reports, research, letters, a fan from an astros game, Latin dictionary, Cds, etc.

270463[/snapback]

Latin dictionary, lol. Are you studying Latin? I"m studying advanced Latin at the moment and it's a big pain!

btw the things around my computer include: a paper I'm writing for school, a cell phone, a picture of my dad in a paper hat playing with balloons, the star wars trilogy dvd :o a tape with a usc game recorded on it, printmaster cds, a 40 days of purpose small group study guide, a cd that helps you write your will, a million cds and floppy disks, a lord of the rings poster on the bulletin board :) a bunch of my parents random papers, a cd w/ a bunch of pictures on it, a paperclip holdder, and a bunch of sticky notes.

270463[/snapback]

add a Bible, two porcelain pencil holders, and a coat hanger

:laugh:

btw the things around my computer include: a paper I'm writing for school, a cell phone, a picture of my dad in a paper hat playing with balloons, the star wars trilogy dvd :laugh: a tape with a usc game recorded on it, printmaster cds, a 40 days of purpose small group study guide, a cd that helps you write your will, a million cds and floppy disks, a lord of the rings poster on the bulletin board :flex: a bunch of my parents random papers, a cd w/ a bunch of pictures on it, a paperclip holdder, and a bunch of sticky notes.

271762[/snapback]

plus a calculator and a few more drafts of a new paper i'm writing and some extra cds :laugh:

Edited by Spockstellaiter

Well...

About 24 coke cans.. a cell phone, my sub woofer and speakers, two TV's, a video selector, an alarm clock, another computer, a phone, some books, a ps2, some DVD's, some games, two bibles, some axe, some book covers, another keyboard, a case of coke, a CD player taken from a computer and turned into a cupholder, an amplifier, lots of cords, lots of cd's.. lots and lots of cd's (none blank) , a printer, lots of comics, some empty chip bags, a 1L coke bottle, some lego, a sword i made in shop class, a cup, some star wars action figures.. lots of blank paper, a joystick, a case of magic cards, soem local newsletters, a headset, a yellow karate belt, a modem, a sound card, garbage, clothes, some bandaids, posters.. yeah, thats about it... all on my computer desk..