Sign in to follow this  
gdog243

The Perfect Mate and Ship in a Bottle

Last night, I decided to watch some TNG, and these were two underrated ones I saw (I also saw I, Borg, but that isn't as underrated as these two)

What are your thoughts about these two episodes. With TPM, it almost feels like this is the forgotten episode of any trek series. I used to think it was boring (Being not a fan of romantic stories) but last night, I found this episode to be a pleasing delight, not to mention kind of a subdued comedy. It was great to see Picard let down his gaurd for once, and the episode ending with the question, did he really resist Kamala or not. Very good for thought provoking. Also, this might be the most interesting relationship picard has ever had. Kamala is to die for, and it was a great preview of chemestry for Professor X and Dr. Jean Gray (Femkee Jennesen plays both Gray and Kamala.)

Also it has one of the funniest and out of character and out of character moments ever:

Picard: Can I take of my uniform off for a moment. :rolleyes:

As for Ship in a Bottle, I'm glad they followed up on the Moriarty story, and still love the twists this episode took. This probably is the best holodeck story in trek lore, and it wasn't holodeck gone awray like other holodeck shows.

Edited by gdog243

I have not seen ship in a bottle but i have seen The perfect mate and IMO it was a really good episode....the 2 ferngi in that episode make me laugh so does Worf in ten foward when he growls..lol...but i dont think Picard could resist her his face at the end was just to smug hehe and you could see that Riker lost it as soon as he walked in the cargo bay hook line and sinker :rolleyes:

First of all: I hate "The Perfect Mate". :) :) :)

I think Kamala might seem "perfect", but come on, she's too perfect. She'd never argue with Jean-Luc, never tell him he's wrong about an issue... she'd just always do what he wants and behave like he wants her to. This might seem perfect at the moment, but it would soon be annoying and boring for him, he needs a woman who can yell at him if it gets necessary. :laugh:

(And I hope he resisted her in the end of the episode. :P :) )

As for "Ship In A Bottle"... I think that's an awesome episode, I love Moriarty and I'm glad they brought him back. I had to watch this episode twice to get it when they are in a holodeck and when they're out. :laugh: And this scene with Jean-Luc almost speaking directly to the camera, saying something like "maybe we're all in a little box that stands on someone's table..." :laugh: I can't stop laughing everytime I see it :laugh:

First of all: I hate "The Perfect Mate".  :laugh:  :)  :laugh:

I think Kamala might seem "perfect", but come on, she's too perfect. She'd never argue with Jean-Luc, never tell him he's wrong about an issue... she'd just always do what he wants and behave like he wants her to. This might seem perfect at the moment, but it would soon be annoying and boring for him, he needs a woman who can yell at him if it gets necessary.  :laugh:

(And I hope he resisted her in the end of the episode.  :)  :) )

As for "Ship In A Bottle"... I think that's an awesome episode, I love Moriarty and I'm glad they brought him back. I had to watch this episode twice to get it when they are in a holodeck and when they're out.  :laugh:  And this scene with Jean-Luc almost speaking directly to the camera, saying something like "maybe we're all in a little box that stands on someone's table..."  :P  I can't stop laughing everytime I see it  :)

265640[/snapback]

Kamala was too perfect because that was what she was born for. Hence the title, "The Perfect Mate." Basically, she was little less than a prostitute.

I love all the TNG episodes

272904[/snapback]

I agree with this (and most of other star trek episodes). However I did like Ship in a bottle. I do want to know how a hologram was able to take over the ship. Unless he did a lot of real - life studying when he was brought out of it last time, I wouldn't think that he would have the means to take controll of the ship? But it was a great episode.

I agree with this (and most of other star trek episodes). However I did like Ship in a bottle. I do want to know how a hologram was able to take over the ship. Unless he did a lot of real - life studying when he was brought out of it last time, I wouldn't think that he would have the means to take controll of the ship? But it was a great episode.

274177[/snapback]

Remember though that Moriarty was created to match wits with Data so that gave him knowledge that the character wouldn't have had otherwise (that reference comes from the original Moriarty episode Elementary, Dear Data from season 2). In Ship in a Bottle, once he tricked Picard into giving his command codes Moriarty was in charge.