Sign in to follow this  
Gotabite

Nelix

:bow: Another interesting Voyager character that truly developed over the course of the journey was Nelix. When I began watching Voyager I thought him to be a whinning, annoying personality with little depth. His jelousy of Kes really put me off. Yet as the journey progressed, he became a wonderful god father to Naomi, and a person of good will. He was often very resourceful to the crew on away missions. He even was resourceful with advice for B"Elann and Seven. Nelix and Tuvok also developed an interesting relationship. In addition Nelix was actually heroic in several Voyager episodes. The day he left the series for good it literally broke my heart and I cried. Nelix became such a loving caring sensetive, kind and gentle character over the seven year journey. He may not have been considered one of the major Voyager personalities. But he definitely had a major impact on everyone on that ship :bow:

:D I agree. He is the one that put some humor into the series. My 6 yearold wishes she could have him for a babysitter. :wow:

Same here. I used to despise him (right along with that darn Doctor...I'm sorry, I REALLY don't like the doctor...), but as I saw more of the series I liked him more and more. He's too annoying to be my favourite character, but he sure was a great addition to the show.

what can i say he grew on me too but then again ive always like the Doc...its funny how everyone got nicer as the show went on...the Doc, B'lana, and Seven.. even tom got a little less cynical...tuvok it seems is the only one that stayed the same

what can i say he grew on me too but then again ive always like the Doc...its funny how everyone got nicer as the show went on...the Doc, B'lana, and Seven.. even tom got  a little less cynical...tuvok it seems is the only one that stayed the same

You're so right, everyone grew up, matured.....whatever the term is everyone's experinces made them wiser, I think. Only Tuvok remained constant........But I guess that's that Vulcan stability for you. :D

what can i say he grew on me too but then again ive always like the Doc...its funny how everyone got nicer as the show went on...the Doc, B'lana, and Seven.. even tom got  a little less cynical...tuvok it seems is the only one that stayed the same

I think Tuvok changed a little. But I liked him as he was at the beginning, so I liked him at the end too ;)

I have to echo the thoughts that Nelix is a character that grows on you. When Voyager first came out, this *Kitchen Rat was a laugh. But as the story goes, and now he's one of my favorites.

*Thanx to Q

No. I didnt like him. He didnt have enough of an edge for me. No dark side. Just a big piece of sugar.

Well, I think he was SUPPOSED to have an edge to him, but I never really saw it, and when I did, I thought it was a bit too exaggerated...I don't think Ethan Phillips acts "dark" too well...

I'll have to disagree. He did have some humorous moments with Tuvok and some good episodes here and there but overall he is probably my least favorite character in Star Trek, I was glad when he left the ship. Yes, I like Wesley Crusher more than Neelix.

Yes, I like Wesley Crusher more than Neelix.

Agreed!! I never warmed up to Neelix. He always struck me as a nosey old woman-always sticking his nose in where it didn't belong, and making a mess of things.

Yes, I like Wesley Crusher more than Neelix.

Agreed!! I never warmed up to Neelix. He always struck me as a nosey old woman-always sticking his nose in where it didn't belong, and making a mess of things.

Glad you agree :look: He was relatively amusing at first, but then his act got stale. Then when he went into depression because he felt he couldn't help the ship anymore he became interesting, but alas, that was solved and was never to be spoken off again. After that he was annoying till the end of Voyager with only a few bright spots, mostly when his episode revolved around Tuvok and himself.

It's no fault to Ethan Phillips, because he is obviously a talented actor but well...

I liked the Nelix character. He was always good for a laugh. Yes, his character was an acquired taste, but as the seasons progressed he was a character that you had to love, because of his kind soul.

Without Neelix, who would have been skilled enough to bargain for and wrangle all of those much needed supplies? I liked his character from day 1. I'm glad that over time the writers allowed his character to develop, mature and deepen. Liked the episodes where we could see what happened to Neelix and his family before he came to Voyager. Love the scene in Caretaker with Neelix wallowing in a tubful of water overflowing with bubbles. He knows how to enjoy life!

:waaaa:

I always like Neelix too.

Brings humour to the episodes.

I liked the way he was positive and try to boost everybody morale.

I am not a Neelix fan, at all. He's whiny and annoying and... annoying. He's my least favorite character in all of Trek. I really hate the way he's always bothering Tuvok.

But he does sort of grow on you, doesn't he? I still hate him, but I don't hate him that much. Does that make sense? He is very kind and generous and good with the kiddies. He always adds humor and lightness to a dark time. And he's always cheerful. So he's got some good qualities along with the bad. It's just that the bad outweigh the good. ^-^;;

And I wouldn't try his food for any sum of money.

Without Neelix, who would have been skilled enough to bargain for and wrangle all of those much needed supplies? I liked his character from day 1.  I'm glad that over time the writers allowed his character to develop, mature and deepen.  Liked the episodes where we could see what happened to Neelix and his family before he came to Voyager. Love the scene in Caretaker with Neelix wallowing in a tubful of water overflowing with bubbles.  He knows how to enjoy life!

B)

:grin: I too enjoyed the episode where more insight was gained into what had really happened to his family, and the guilt he himself was living under. I agree too that Nelix truly helped Voyager to navigate in the unknown Delta Quadrant. He helped them to find resources of food and fuel. B)

But he does sort of grow on you, doesn't he?  I still hate him, but I don't hate him that much.  Does that make sense?

Makes sense to me. If I didn't hate certain other characters so much (ahem the doctor) he'd be pretty close to last on my list. But even when I hate him, I don't really hate him. In other words, yup, I understand and agree.