Sign in to follow this  
Gotabite

Tuvok and TPol

:bow: We all know that Mr. Spock set the stage and tone for all of the Vulcans that followed in the Star Trek series. I guess I'd like to know how others feel in regards to how Tuvok and Tpol measure up to what Spock characterized as true Vulcan personality and behavior. I think I will express my opinions a bit later. As I am more curious to see how others feel first. :bow:

Guest Ktrek

I'm not sure that we can use Spock as the plumbline for how a Vulcan should behave. Remember he was part "human" and his human side did influence him even though he chose the Vulcan pathway. I think Tuvok was a great Vulcan. T'Pol seems lifeless almost to the point of absurdity at times. Spock will forever be my favorite Vulcan!! :bow:

Ktrek

Greetings! :bow:

Doesn't this belong in the Ten Forward board since it concerns Vulcans from more than one series instead of just Voyager? Anywho...

I have to say that Tuvok was the one who set the stage for being a true Vulcan as he was full-blooded unlike Mr. Spock.

Greetings! :bow:

Doesn't this belong in the Ten Forward board since it concerns Vulcans from more than one series instead of just Voyager?  Anywho...

I have to say that Tuvok was the one who set the stage for being a true Vulcan as he was full-blooded unlike Mr. Spock.

Guess I began this discussion on Voyager because even though Mr. Spock was the first Vulcan we all encountered, Tuvok was my favorite, and of course he was on Voyager. To me here is another area where Voyager really exceled..in my opinion Tuvok was the true Vulcan character/personality. I do have a very difficult time with T'Pol. I would agree with the other reply that described her as "lifeless and absurd." I don't know if it's the actress who plays her or just the character as it is written. But, I will always remember many episodes where Tuvok truly exemplified the Vulcan image expected of him.......and gave us the different perspective to think about. :bow:

I think Tuvok is how a real Vulcan would act, Spock was always fighting with his human side and T'pol..well, she could be a robot with pointy ears for all I knew.

Tuvok has always been my favorite Vulcan. He defenetly is a prime example of a Vulcan. I think T'Pol seems lifeless to us just because she has lived with Vulcans all her life and tried to resist doing anything "human." Spock and and Tuvok both have interacted with humans much longer and aren't trying to regect human ways (well...maybe Spock was, but oh well).

Greetings! :wow:

Doesn't this belong in the Ten Forward board since it concerns Vulcans from more than one series instead of just Voyager?  Anywho...

Guess I began this discussion on Voyager because even though Mr. Spock was the first Vulcan we all encountered, Tuvok was my favorite, and of course he was on Voyager. To me here is another area where Voyager really exceled..in my opinion Tuvok was the true Vulcan character/personality. I do have a very difficult time with T'Pol. I would agree with the other reply that described her as "lifeless and absurd." I don't know if it's the actress who plays her or just the character as it is written. But, I will always remember many episodes where Tuvok truly exemplified the Vulcan image expected of him.......and gave us the different perspective to think about. :D

And also:

I think Tuvok is how a real Vulcan would act, Spock was always fighting with his human side and T'pol..well, she could be a robot with pointy ears for all I knew.

Tuvok was my favourite vulcan too :D I especially loved what he did for Janeway in that episode with the folding space techonology (does anyone know what I'm talking about? I'm not so good with the NAMES of Voyager episodes...)

dsbs If you go to www.startrek.com/library/episodes_voy.asp you will be able to look though the different episode to fing the one you are looking for. :D

Ya, but I'd have to look through every episode...i dont even know what season it's in, so I wouldn't know where to start...

ive always thought that spock was a little overly stiff when compared to all the other vulcans weve seen probably because he had something to prove...

Another vote for Tuvok for full blooded Vulcan,

a vote to Spock for inter-species Vulcan,

and a vote to T Pol for a female Vulcan.

Each one excelled/excells for what their character calles for.

Don't count Jolene Blalock out yet for one of the all time best Vulcan's.

Roxann Dawson really got her character of B'Lana Torres honed-in starting in the 3rd year of Voyager.

true dat nascar..maybe after she get's over being the "babe" on board she'll become a better character.

true dat nascar..maybe after she get's over being the "babe" on board she'll become a better character.

I sure hope you are right about T'Pol. Actually I look forward to it. Tuvok I think would be also be pleased.(smiles) :D:wow:

:DAs I recall, in the TOS pilot, Spock was 'hollering' at the viewscreen ... poor Pike ... anyway, I think Tuvok personifies logic, and I agree with the opinion that T'pol has no experience with humans; if you were under the 'scope of a new 'alien' crew, and your own governing body, you'd be a little stiff, too - even for a vulcan. As for 'which board' - come on, we're all one big family - speaking of big, who's hotter? T'pol or Seven? Just kiddin'...

<span style='font-family:Impact'> just wanted to add that after last night's episode of 'E', i think T'pol's comin' around - puberty does that, i guess </span>

Edited by joeybear

I like all three. IMO it is kind of hard to compare the three, considering they are featured in three different time frames, spanning three hundred years.

I agree that Tuvok has been the best vulcan character, which has alot to do with Tim Russ' great acting ability. Spock derserves props for being the first, and Leonard Nimoy is also great actor. But I just like Tuvok better. I didn't like T'pol at first, mostly because I didn't think she was a very good actress. It seemed she was cast more for her looks than her acting ability. They needed a sexy character to exploit from time to time (which they do). But I do like the character of T'pol and I think her acting has improved over the two years and will continue to do so along with the rest of the show. I have come to appreciate her. :innocent:

Seems so far that Tuvok has the most votes. But I have also enjoyed reading the comments made about T'Pol :innocent:

Hi!

I think Tuvok measured up to what a true Vulcan is suposed to be. T'Pol, on the other hand, seems to be too emotional for most viewers taste. If any of you watch Enterprise on UPN then you know what I am speaking of. For example, last week there were two episodes shown. The latter showed T'Pol acting too emotional.

ENOUGH SAID! :devil:

I think Tuvok beats T'Pol in this bout. :innocent::laugh:

Hi!

I think Tuvok measured up to what a true Vulcan is suposed to be.  T'Pol, on the other hand, seems to be too emotional for most viewers taste.  If any of you watch Enterprise on UPN then you know what I am speaking of.  For example, last week there were two episodes shown.  The latter showed T'Pol acting too emotional. 

I think Tuvok beats T'Pol in this bout. :)  :laugh:

Yep, Tuvoks my favourite Vulcan :)

Hi!

I think Tuvok measured up to what a true Vulcan is suposed to be.  T'Pol, on the other hand, seems to be too emotional for most viewers taste.  If any of you watch Enterprise on UPN then you know what I am speaking of.  For example, last week there were two episodes shown.  The latter showed T'Pol acting too emotional. 

I think Tuvok beats T'Pol in this bout. :laugh:  :)

:) Yes, I saw those episodes, and questioned how Tuvok would have handled the same situations. I think this has been one of my problems with T'pol, she goes from one extreme to the next. Tuvok was quite consistent with what I hold to be Vulcan culture. Thanks for your comments.......and I agree. :)

I agree that Tuvok has been the best vulcan character, which has alot to do with Tim Russ' great acting ability.  Spock derserves props for being the first, and Leonard Nimoy is also great actor.  But I just like Tuvok better.  I didn't like T'pol at first, mostly because I didn't think she was a very good actress.  It seemed she was cast more for her looks than her acting ability.  They needed a sexy character to exploit from time to time (which they do).  But I do like the character of T'pol and I think her acting has improved over the two years and will continue to do so along with the rest of the show.  I have come to appreciate her. :martok:

I agree with most of that...I still don't like T'Pol....but some of the commercials I've seen of ENT have a lot to o with this, but mno final judgements...