Sign in to follow this  
Lursa

Are Ferengi just like Hu-mans!

:) :) Thoughtout the progression of star trek we noticed that the ferengi are the "human" race. But i come to this, are we related and if so how? We do in common have big ears lol and take emotions for granted, but to me, we are two different races. We can learn from them, if you make a mistake one don't try to make the same one it gets you nowhere.

Lursa :)

We are similar to Vulcan, but that doesn't make us Valcan. We might be simlar to Ferengies, but that doesn't make us Ferengies either. They are different.

I think they represent an aspect of human behavior, but not the whole human behavior. I think they represent that aspect of human nature that seeks to gratify desires. If out of balance, that aspect can lead to greed, lustfulness, and selfishness, all common to ferengi culture. The ferengi are constantly trying to acquire MORE, to the point of having ALL, if they could accomplish it. There are some humans that are like that, but not all. Some business people are greedy and self-interested, but others are repsonsible community leaders and society builders. You cannot characterize even all human 'capitalists' as ferengi.

The Ferengi are a "fictional" race - it is purely literary speculation that a society could exist based on the principles espoused by the Ferengi.

On Earth we share similar dna with all lifeforms on this planet but that doesn't mean we are that lifeform. So if Ferengi existed - the fact that we had similar dna wouldn't make us Ferengi - which again raises the question . By Ferengi do you mean the actual physical makeup or the culture - one of which is genetic and the other is voluntary. Unless Star Trek meant to suggest the Ferengi avarice was genetically based rather than culturally adapted.

Unless Star Trek meant to suggest the Ferengi avarice was genetically based rather than culturally adapted.

Well, Prophet Motive (DS9) definitely says that the Ferengi were not always the way they are "now". Of course, The Chase (TNG) make it clear that all humanoid races are descendants of the original humanoids, which is the explaination for why also all races are humanoid. So in Star Trek's universe there is a relation between the two but also between every other humanoid race in the galaxy.