Sign in to follow this  
Guest JT

ST XI

Guest JT

Has anybody seen what's on the International Movie Data Base site regarding Star Trek? Apparantly movie number eleven is in production with the working title "Borg Encounter". Anybody else seen anything?

I haven't seen this, but it sounds interesting. Do you have a link to that article? Did it say which crew was going to be used in that movie?

Guest JT

Sorry, I thought most everyone would be familiar with the International Movie Database. The URL for the home page is http://www.imdb.com/ Use the search function on the left and search for "star trek" under titles. You'll find what little info there. They were pretty accurate regarding "Nemesis" long before it came out so I'm tempted to believe they know what they're talking about.

Like you, I also did a search but didn't find much else out there :-)

I'm going to have to go read it.. But do you think another Borg movie is a good idea?

i think another borg movie will be great...as long as it is original and NOT like first contact. i love first contact, but a movie that is the same would suck.

At times I have found IMDB to not be a very good source for information. I wonder if this Borg experience is just the Enterprise Borg episode Regeneration that will be shot soon.

OK, is it just me or does anyone else think the Borg appearing on Enterprise seem like a bad idea? I know that has nothing really to do with this thread, but, then again Is it really a good idea to have another Borg movie? On that second question, hmmm... I guess it depends on the scenario.

OK, is it just me or does anyone else think the Borg appearing on Enterprise seem like a bad idea? I know that has nothing really to do with this thread, but, then again Is it really a good idea to have another Borg movie? On that second question, hmmm... I guess it depends on the scenario.

Here is a brief synopis for you Yillara. It sounds like it will be well done and it won't break canon as the people on Earth and the Enterprise won't know that they are Borg.

Remember in "Star Trek: First Contact," Captain Picard's crew followed a small Borg sphere through time and blew it to bits over 21st-century Earth. Well, what happened to all that debris? That's the premise behind "Regeneration." In the story, an arctic research team in 2152 discovers fragments of an alien ship buried in the glacial terrain, along with the frozen corpses of two cybernetically enhanced humanoids. Except they aren't really corpses — once they're allowed to thaw they come back to life and put their nanoprobes to work. They abduct the scientists and hijack their transport ship, modifying it for higher warp speeds. That's where the NX-01 comes in. Captain Archer's crew gives chase, and learns what an insidious threat these cybernetic beings pose.

I saw both of those stories. As I mentioned I have found IMDB to be unreliable at times. If there was a movie "in production" I think we would have heard something through the official site.

I did do a quick seach of the web to see if I could find anything with this title and there is a theme park called Space Park in Duitsland (I have no idea where that is) that has a 4D cinema attraction called Star Trek Borg Experience. The site was in German so I have no clue what it said.

Don't worry soong_girl about not being able to read the German! I used to frequently check Trek Today ( I think I remember you saying that you go there too, right?) and some of the articles I really wanted to read, but when I clicked on the link it went to the German Trek page! And although I am part German on both sides of my family, and took 3 years of German in high school. . . I still could only translate one third to half of it! And that just got to be a headache!

And I know what you mean about the IMDB being unreliable at times, I looked up a couple actors and saw them marked in movies that I knew they weren't in (tried to think of a good example, but it escapes me right now!_ And I went back and watched those movies, just in case I was mistaken and by the end credits I wasn't mistaken at all!

(2/21/03) Sci-Fi.com posted an interview with Alice Krige who played the Borg Queen about her experience in filming a new 3D film called Borg Encounter. We knew this film was being made for the Space Park Bremen in Germany, but she also mentions that it will be added to the Star Trek attraction in Vegas as well.

Link : http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.ht...2/20/15.00.film

So, that explains that, thanks for posting that Dimitris :) Oh, and Yillara Soong i had German 1-5 in High School, nice to see a fellow German Student on here :)

Same for me! I enjoyed the class when I was in it, but later on when people ask me to translate stuff, I try desperately to get out of doing that! I don't know maybe its because they want a defiante translation quickly that I try to squirm away from it!

Guest Ktrek

I think there's a good chance that Janeway may make an appearance in the next movie but I doubt that she would "star". biggrincurtain.gif She doesn't have the drawing power. I for one would like to eye.gifeye.gifa completely or mostly a new cast. I say hire a "big" star that has some drawing power, add a few cameos and introduce the world to a whole new crew, with mostly younger stars, so they can do several movies before they are all washed up.017.gif I would like to eye.gifeye.gifTPTB expand the Star Trek universe and bring us new charcters we can grow to love. As I've said before Peter David's "New Frontier" characters would make good movies if they could find quality actors to play the roles.They also need a decent nemesis008.gifto make it interesting. Just my opinion!

Ktrekjump3.gif

Here is what I saw in that page.

"Star Trek: Borg Encounter (2003)"

"Production Notes/Status:

Comments:

Status Updated: 20 February 2003

Note: Since this project is categorized as being in production, the data is subject to change or could be removed completely."

"Credited cast:

Alice Krige .... The Borg aka The Borg Queen

Kate Mulgrew .... Admiral Janeway

Robert Picardo .... The Doctor"

WOOO JANEWAY IS IN IT :wow::):wow::wow::wow:

Here is what I saw in that page.

"Star Trek: Borg Encounter (2003)"

"Production Notes/Status:

Comments: 

Status Updated: 20 February 2003

Note: Since this project is categorized as being in production, the data is subject to change or could be removed completely."

"Credited cast: 

Alice Krige ....  The Borg aka The Borg Queen

Kate Mulgrew ....  Admiral Janeway

Robert Picardo ....  The Doctor"

WOOO JANEWAY IS IN IT :blink::hand:;):hand::D

didn't the Borg Queen fall apart? That was so funny in End Game when her leg all of a sudden dropped off out of nowhere... don't know why but I couldn't stop laughing

K'Trek, where do you find all these crazy emoticons? :blink:

Anywho, I dissagree about the "big star" idea. I think it would make the whole movie very cheesy if we had, say Tom Cruise, playing the lead. Know what I mean? One of the thing I like about Trek is that we've allways had "new actors" playing characters. Unless it's the villian, then you need a mega-actor! Something to challenge the hero! ;)

I don't think having a big star guarantees anything at the box office. Many big names have had more than one box office bomb in their careers but they still rake in a ridiculous amount of money salary-wise.

Examples:

George Clooney - Solaris - MAJOR BOMB but still huge bucks

Leonardo DiCaprio - only Titanic and Catch Me If You Can have been big box office and yet he is major bucks too

Mel Gibson - hit or miss with his movies

Russell Crowe - hit or miss here too - other than Gladiator and A Beautiful Mind

I agree, I mean that a big star can have a really bad film. And a really small star can make it big. Take Nia Vardalos from My Big Fat Greek Wedding (for the record, I have not seen this movie) for example. Her movie was made for next to nothing and it is one of the largest grossing movies of all time. Small star making it big.

And then there are stars that aren't very big and make movies that a lot of people either easily forget or try to forget. For example Kirsten Dunst...anybody know or have seen "Drop Dead Gorgeous" (I have, and it is really hilarious IMO)??? But she was in movies that did rather well "Interview With A Vampire" for one.

Has anybody seen what's on the International Movie Data Base site regarding Star Trek? Apparantly movie number eleven is in production with the working title "Borg Encounter". Anybody else seen anything?

They're making new episodes? Time? Date? Network? I'm on the east coast :assimilated: