A l t e r E g o

Sulu/Excelsior VS Riker/Titan

Which should get a film?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Which should get a film?

• Sulu and the Excelsior with optional TOS guest stars
    • Riker and the Titan with optional TNG guest stars
    • BOTH!

BOTH! Set in eachs respective time frames of course. If Sulu is ever gonna get a film they better HURRY UP! He's not getting any younger.

I can't believe tptb are just gonna sit on their hands and not make more TOS Trek while actors are still alive and able, once their gone then it's tooooooo late!

Same with Riker but times not running out as fast for him as it is for Takei.

Sulu and the Excelsior with optional TOS guest stars. I doubt I'd go see a Riker/Titan movie. Everything after FC messed up TNG IMO, I'm not interested in seeing any more movies based on them.

Sulu and the Excelsior with optional TOS guest stars..And it needs to happen sooner than later..Time will finally catch up with George Takei..

I just was so disappointed in the last 2 TNG films that I think it's time to say goodbye for good to TNG..

I'd go see either (you'd pass up a Riker movie, RC? :huh: ), but I don't think I could believe a Sulu film. All of the original cast members have aged... alot... and it's obvious. It didn't look natural to me when Sulu and Rand appeared in VOY's "Flashback". If they tweaked the date of the film to better reflect the character's age, it could work.

Plus I'm in love with the Excelsior. :laugh:

I think I'd prefer a Riker/Titan movie. Despite Nemesis (and, to an extent, Insurrection), I'm not done with TNG yet.

Either way, I don't think the world is ready for another Trek movie just yet. I think it's best to wait another 5 yrs, but even then, it may not work. :huh:

(you'd pass up a Riker movie, RC? :laugh: )

261131[/snapback]

Shocking isn't it? :huh: Yes I would though. Insurrection was tolerable, Nemesis was terrible, I'm done with TNG. They made a mess of it toward the end IMO. I'll enjoy the show and the movies up through FC.

I think both are possibilities with the right plot line. A storyline that takes a different spin on ST, I'm trying to put down what I mean by that....I'll come back to that later. If I had to choose between the two, I'd like the Sulu thread. Maybe Christian Slater would play another role on his crew, as in the movie where they meet "god" ::i am drawing a blank on the title, and I just saw it on AMC this weekend:: I agree with Ace, tho, that another ST film right now would not be well received. "..there is another.." Star Wars Episode III is coming! :huh:

I picked BOTH but if I have to pick either one without the "Both" option, I'd pick Sulu and the Excelsior. I really miss TOS and there can never be enough TOS around.

I'm not saying I won't watch Riker and Titan. Its just that I'd go with Sulu if I had to choose between the two. You know, come to think of it, there should be a film about Chekov and "insert ship's name here". Does anyone know what happened to Chekov after ... well, Generations? I just can't believe he became PsiCorp for B5.

Sulu. There is a huge span of time between The Undiscovered Country and Encounter at Farpoint that is just not covered except for a handful of "flashback" episodes. The Excelsior Class had it's maiden run in The Undiscovered Country(not counting The Search for Spock) and by the time Encounter at Farpoint starts the Excellsior and Ambassador Classes are already being phased out.

I would like to see a series based on the time inbetween as I think it's during this time that the federation "matures" into what it becomes in the 24th Century.

As much as I would love to see a movie about Sulu I'm afrade he might be getting too old. They need to hurry up and make a Riker and the "Titan with optional TNG guest stars" before the TNG crew gets too old also!

I'd love to see both. I mean, why not? It could be an interesting movie - and I'd really like to see Riker's ship. :wacko:

Hmmm, both. But I lean more towards them having a Star Trek: Excelsior. :cool1:

post-812-1096014361.jpgpost-812-1095586641.gif

Edited by drwho42

I'm going for a Riker one, I think there is a greater scope, so long as you kept his character the same it might work. By would Frakes be up for it? I doubt it.

I'd like to see both. For one, I'd like to see how Sulu and the Excelsior shaped Trek history (especially if it involved a plot which explained how Tuvok set out on the path that led to Voyager.) Also, a movie with Riker and the Titan could potentially be used to bring back Data. The end of Nemesis left that one wide open. Of course, it would mirror Star Trek III very closely (both Spock and Data placed everything that they were into someone else, albiet for different reasons, then ended up dying.), but Data is a wonderful character, and it would be a loss without him.