Sign in to follow this  
Mike

TOS episodes before syndication

I watched my first episode off of the season 1 DVD set last night..Man Trap..I was very happy with it..And I was amazed that I saw a few scenes and a few lines of dialogue that I never ever seen before !! True, they were unimportant to the story which is probably why they were cut when TOS went into re-run mode..But it's exciting to see these episodes in their entirety.. :picard-sith:

Cool Spacetigger, I want them but trying to save $$ there are so many things I want but home pc comes 1st. Do they show the trailors for the next weeks episodes?

Cool Spacetigger, I want them but trying to save $$ there are so many things I want but home pc comes 1st. Do they show the trailors for the next weeks episodes?

259037[/snapback]

They don't show the trailer for the next episode..But that's fine..However, there is an option to watch the trailer for the particular episode that you are watching..

I'm really hoping that 'The Cage' makes it onto one of these DVD sets..

Yes I have to agree watching the episodes uncut is cool. I was able to get most of the shows this way when the sifi channel started to play them with some interviews and hosted by shatner then they replayed them with nimoy as host. Sometimes the show makes more sense with the cut parts back in. Watch charlie x with and without it adds a new dimension to the episode.

Are the video releases of the original episodes cut or uncut?

259435[/snapback]

Not sure about the videos..I've been watching TOS for years and years on TV..And those were always cut up..I wasn't lucky enough to see TOS when it was first aired..I'm not quite that old..Close, but not quite.. ^_^

That's why I like this season set so much..It's as it was originally shown..

259059[/snapback]

Me too :) I was a bit dissapointed that "The Cage" wasn't included and since it wasn't included with season one I wonder if it will be included at all ... it would be a shame if it weren't.

When sci-fi ran the un-cut episodes a few years back I was able to tape the entire first season and about half of season two, then we had a death in the family and I didn't get the rest, so .... I can't wait to get my hands on seasons two and three, there are sceens in those seasons that I haven't seen in 30 years, and, those seasons contain some of my favorite episodes.

Finally, even though I've recently seen the un-cut version of season one I must admit I've never seen Star Trek quite like this, not even on broadcast TV. The quality of the DVD is so good it's like watching it for the first time :b-day:

Spacetigger wrote:

They don't show the trailer for the next episode..But that's fine..However, there is an option to watch the trailer for the particular episode that you are watching..

I have a copy of The Cage that I copied off of TV when it was shown for the first time on TV during the 80's. The Menagerie ( the episode with parts of the pilot)seemed to have the best scenes. The scenes that were edited out were things like showing images of the ship with real dramatic music. If you never saw the first pilot, you did not miss much.

Edited by Data