Sign in to follow this  
gdog243

C2 or Pepsi Edge

Has anyone tried any of these drinks this summer? I know if you want less carbs, you would probably want to just do the diet, but I guess they brought these out as kind of a mix between diet and regular, and to keep the regular taste. If you have tried these drinks, what did you think.

For C2, that stuff wasn't all that bad, but it had a bad aftertaste. I guess that's where the aspertame come in, and it was kind of sickening. Today I finally had a Pepsi edge and that tasted really good actually. It had a more of a taste than the regular, but it in a way was exactly like pepsi.

I'm not the Atkins diet or anything (perhaps I should be though :picard-sith:) but I don't mind cutting a few carbs here and there. I haven't tried it yet but I will. Are you sure the sweetener used is aspertame? I prefer the sweetener in the yellow box Splenda but the blue kind is ok, long as it's not Saccharine. :inlove:

They're both nasty.

258899[/snapback]

They're both nasty.

258899[/snapback]

I agree.

258915[/snapback]

Few things touted as 'better for you' aren't nasty. I have yet to eat a 'good tasting' brussel sprout. :picard-sith:

They're both nasty.

258899[/snapback]

They're both nasty.

258899[/snapback]

I agree.

258915[/snapback]

Few things touted as 'better for you' aren't nasty. I have yet to eat a 'good tasting' brussel sprout. :)

258921[/snapback]

I love brussel sprouts especially when its got gravy all over it!!

Sorry but i have never heard of c2 or pepsi edge :) they dont sell them here in holland :b-day: :pepsi:

Personally, if I am going to have a soft drink, I will stick with either pepsi, pepsi twist, wild cherry pepsi or pepsi vanilla. I like my drinks as sinful as possible, plus based on the reactions here it sounds pretty nasty with this atkins fever going on. I like buns with my burgers and dogs, bread on my sandwiches and an occasional dinner roll with a fine dinner. Fortuntely, I do not need to diet as I am pretty healthy.

I already drink diet coke so I have no interest in trying either of these. And I also love brussel sprouts. :b-day:

They're both nasty.

258899[/snapback]

They're both nasty.

258899[/snapback]

I agree.

258915[/snapback]

Few things touted as 'better for you' aren't nasty. I have yet to eat a 'good tasting' brussel sprout. :b-day:

258921[/snapback]

I love brussel sprouts especially when its got gravy all over it!!

260283[/snapback]

:b-day: :b-day:

I already drink diet coke so I have no interest in trying either of these. And I also love brussel sprouts.   :b-day: 

260755[/snapback]

:b-day: :lol: :laugh:

I already drink diet coke so I have no interest in trying either of these. And I also love brussel sprouts.   :laugh: 

260755[/snapback]

:b-day: :b-day: :b-day:

260770[/snapback]

I also love spinach and cottage cheese pizza. :b-day:

Click For Spoiler

I've tried Pepsi Edge. Normally I don't like Pepsi at all, but Pepsi Edge was so good. Yum. It tasted better than the regular stuff!

Oh and I like brussel sprouts, I absolutely adore broccolli, but I hate cottage cheese. Lol.

Edited by bysty

I already drink diet coke so I have no interest in trying either of these. And I also love brussel sprouts.   :hug: 

260755[/snapback]

:hug::look: :(

260770[/snapback]

I also love spinach and cottage cheese pizza. :huh:

Click For Spoiler
I want to see how many yucky faces I can get out of AE :blink:

260771[/snapback]

That sounds interesting.... :wow:

Click For Spoiler
If I eat something like that I might get a headache. A really bad one. :wow:

Few things touted as 'better for you' aren't nasty. I have yet to eat a 'good tasting' brussel sprout. :wow:

258921[/snapback]

Fresh, ripe Georgia peaches, cantelope, tomatoes from your backyard - good stuff is out there. I also like brussels sprouts with butter - and yes, real butter is better for you than margarine.

But, no haven't tried the new drinks - I usually run out of the room screaming when I see the words low carb.

Most of the stuff they're making low carb isn't good for you to begin with so it's better just to eat a little of the real thing and eat more of fresh fruits and/or vegetables and whole grains rather than all that imitation food.

I usually run out of the room screaming when I see the words low carb.

262423[/snapback]

:wow: Same here. I won't go into my lecture about how your body needs those carbs though.

I can't wait for the low card fab fades away in the sunset. It is very difficult to tell people the natural food is far better in the long than artificial stuff that they pushing on us. Reason at of people are over weight has nothing to do with how much carbs a person eats. Everyone eats too much food.

Edited by Odie

Odie, I think it is a little more complex than that. What we eat is as important as how much. And some people do have metabolic issues and there is some possible genetic connection

As for carbs, the problem is at least partly the kind not the amount. We should get our carbs from whole grains not refined flour and sugar - I think that alone would make a major difference in a lot of people's battle for weight. (this has been the advice for diabetics for some time)

You have to be an educated shopper though to find whole grains.

Edited by TheUnicornHunter