Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Time really does fly doesn't it?

Wowzer... I can't believe August just finished up about 47 minutes ago... Time seems to have a way of slipping past you.

Blame flying time-fish. :notworthy:

lastresort.jpg42.gif

Yep time does fly 6 months ago i was living at home now i am living in my own place i am engadged to a beautiful girl and yesterday i turned 24 :inlove: ...now it can all slow down a bit i dont want my next time flys post to be...married with 3 kids and a deep in debt :picard-sith:

Yes, time does fly indeed. September 18th is my 12th wedding anniversary. It seems just yesterday I was in high school with my jean jacket on and my collars flipped up. Chasing who is now my current wife for that 1st kiss. Or I was in my bedroom on that evening in 1987 waiting with much eagerness for TNG to start, I had a 13" TV and my VCR remote in hand ready to record.

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and awhile you might miss something." Ferris Buellers day off. Hey, I'll have to remember that for the quotes thread.

the qiote is true, who woulda thought a teen movie would be so philosophically correct

I thought this year was going by a little more slowly than usual. Especially the month of Aug; that was one LOOOOOONNNNGGGG month imo.

258883[/snapback]

I thought I was the only one who thought August seemed waaaay longer than usual. Since we now have 3 seasons of merchandise out on the shelves (Halloween, Harvest, and Christmas) and "back to school" is about done, it'll probably speed up, at least for me.

yep time does fly, and it seems the older you get the faster it goes, weather this is because as we get older there is far more we want to do and achieve at times i wish i could just take time and slow it all down

Well, since this year we are waiting until October for new episodes of Enterprise, I think I want September to go by just as fast as August did (faster for AE).

I don't even remember this summer....

I'm not sad that I'm getting older, (ok, I'm only 21) but I'm sad that my parents are getting older...And the rest of my family...And the casts of the Star Trek shows we all love....It's heartbreaking watching the TOS cast grow old...Especially since my favorite has already passed away...

*Sheds a tear for Deforest Kelly*

Hey, I'm not the only one to think August was a long month.

Our perception of time does change as we age and the older we get the faster it does appear to go. I read some scienfitic explanation of this which I can't remember (something else that happens with age ^_^ )

It was a very fast summer for me..Yes TUH even August..I think for me staying busy all the time, at work and at home, makes the time appear to fly by faster..

This summer was really slow for me, partly because it was so stressful. It started with my lowest grade ever on a report, and my first "B" which to someone like me, whose parents complain if I get a 93, is really bad. Then just about every new person my age I met seemed to hate me *shrugs* It might have also been that my Mom and sister were moving to Kansas, Dad was staying in North Carolina, and I was visiting France for five weeks but instead of coming home to NC as usual, I would be coming "home" to KS. Not the greatest of summers (okay, one of the worst...).