Sign in to follow this  
RikerChick

Another Will/Deanna wedding question

I hadn't really noticed this until my sister pointed it out, but why wasn't Lwaxana at their wedding? :laugh: Even though they were going to have a betazed wedding on her planet I can't imagine that she would want to miss the original wedding ceramony. Did they explain that somewhere and I missed it? ponder.gif

In the movie it was not explained why she wasn't there although I assumed it was due to the planning required for the ceremony on Betazed.

Story planning wise: Lwaxana has a very large presence at all events she attends and I understand they didn't think they could include her at the reception in a way that did justice to the character.

In the movie it was not explained why she wasn't there although I assumed it was due to the planning required for the ceremony on Betazed.

Story planning wise:  Lwaxana has a very large presence at all events she attends and I  understand they didn't think they could include her at the reception in a way that did justice to the character.

I definately agree. In order for Lwaxana to get the screen time that she would have properly needed, there would have had to been more than what we saw of the wedding...(OK, so did taht just make sense?)

if you speak "Soong sister chatter" it did. :laugh::bow:

I think it makes a kind of sence since the other wedding was in Alaska. Riker's side and then Deanna's and Mrs. Troi would be ordering people around for days in order to have everytime Perfect for her "Little One's" wedding. This would ahve been one of the biggest weeks of her life! :wow:

Mrs. Troi would be ordering people around for days in order to have everytime Perfect for her "Little One's" wedding. This would ahve been one of the biggest weeks of her life! :laugh:

Very true, that makes sense.

definately agree. In order for Lwaxana to get the screen time that she would have properly needed, there would have had to been more than what we saw of the wedding...(OK, so did taht just make sense?)

Yeah, it made sense. :laugh:

Oh, good I hoped as much, since for a moment there my brain froze up (gotta speak to TPTB about getting a memory upgrade! :laugh: )

Think about it, could you imagine Riker and Troi's families together in the same room trying to agree on something? Besides, I think that the two weddings, were to appease both families. I agree though that Mrs. Troi would have had so much to do to prepare for the wedding on Betazed, nothing is to good for a "daughter of the fifth house".

Think about it, could you imagine Riker and Troi's families together in the same room trying to agree on something?

That was one of the reasons my husband and I eloped. My family and his family in the same room? Together!? obm.gif

I can imagine her on Betazed furious that they were late! "I dont care what the Romulans are up to....