Sign in to follow this  
cptwright

andorians

ive got a question for you people. we first seen the andorians in TOS, then we now have seen them a couple of times in ENT. the question is, seeing how they were obviously in closer proximity to earth, why did we never see them in TNG, or DS9? did they just vanish or what? well i wonder if any of you know the answer. :laugh:

The short answer is we did see them on TNG, Ten Forward background extras; they might have been at the Kitomer Con. in ST6, but not sure. The lack of stories about them in post OS series, I think is telling that tptb had been planning a prequel (ENT) for a long time. I think by the time ENT ends, many of the OS aliens will have been given there due screen time. YAAAY!

In the books based on DS9, what happens after the last episode, one of the crew is Andorian.

They actually mentioned androians once on DS9. Bashirs rival thought he was andorian because a friend pointed to him, but she thought the friend was pointing to a andorian, who was next to Bashir. There still there, they just didn't see a reason to have them.

ive got a question for you people. we first seen the andorians in TOS, then we now have seen them a couple of times in ENT. the question is, seeing how they were obviously in closer proximity to earth, why did we never see them in TNG, or DS9? did they just vanish or what? well i wonder if any of you know the answer. :laugh:

We've seen an Andorrian or 2 in the movies.

The Motion Picture - One of the crewmen when Kirk informs them about V'Ger.

The Voyage Home - One's on the Federation Council

The Undiscovered Country - Can't remember

They were never seen on TNG or DS9, my guess it becuase the Enteprise-D & DS9 were really far out while they are close to Earth.

Good answer Jean-Luc, that makes sense,The Enterprise-D is much farther out than the Enterprise NX-01 so the chances of running into a group of Andorians is slim.

Andorians were mentioned in TNG in The Offspring. When Lal had narrowed her choices to four, one of them was an Andorian female I believe.

Andorians were mentioned in TNG in The Offspring.  When Lal had narrowed her choices to four, one of them was an Andorian female I believe.

I vaguely remember the Andorian choice.

And they even showed the andorian choice too. I had forgotten about that. But it was a male, not a female.

Another possible reason for not seeing them is because in TNG they wanted to pave their own path and not rely on TOS. So I believe while there were references to TOS they stayed away from it as much as possible so as not to be seen as trying to live off the past. Doing a prequel though it seems proper to show the introduction to one of the first members of the soon to be Federation.

I agree with VBG. Especially, (according to the Worlds of the Federation) Andoria is the fourth member of the Federation. Besides with the Andorians being so close to earth it makes sense that they would not have been prevalent in the later series.

well i must say that all these replies have helped answer my questions. thank you, and wow, i never noticed the shot of the andorians in some of these epis your talking about, or, probably i just never really gave it a thought till seeing them on ENT. well thanks again. :bow:

I do wish we would have seen more of them though, Shran was one of my favorite alien characters on Enterprise. There was great story potential there for the Andorians and the formation of the Federation.

I thought I remember seeing one of the TNG Andorians in the backround on Risa in "Captain's Holiday."

357187[/snapback]

Yes there was one there, there was also one in "The Offspring". It was one of Lal's choices for her appearance though if she had chosen that one she would have been a he.