Sign in to follow this  
cassidy

Question

Why does T'pol wear lipgloss. she doesn't always but i've noticed it on my poster in my room. isn't it a bit illogical???.... :laugh:

Maybe she has dry lips from the canned air inside the starship.

I hate the catsuit, why can't they understand that Jolene Blalock is a great actor, and not just show off her body.. :laugh:

I agree that the real life explanation for the lip gloss is the "babe" effect, but the Trek explanation could be that it is used as a medical treatment of sort for dry lips, or maybe their is something else that it is used to treat.

I agree with all of the posts. I think T'pol is very attractive but I'm tired of it being pushed in my face all of the time. I think their will be less of it in upcoming seasons.

I hate the catsuit, why can't they understand that Jolene Blalock is a great actor, and not just show off her body.. :)

I think T'Pol should join Starfleet and get a real uniform like everyone else. As I remember a lot of peoples opinion of Troi jumped quite a bit higher when she switched to wearing a real uniform. The catsuit may be sexy but I think it takes away from the audiences ability to take her serously and give her the respect her character deserves.

I think T'Pol should join Starfleet and get a real uniform like everyone else

She cannot join starfleet, Spock was the first Vulcan in Starfleet.

Cassidy, I believe she was wearing lip gloss in the poster so that her lips would make more of an effect, or because of the "babe" effect. Are you positive she wears it during the show?

As far as I know, every actor before he (she) steps in front of a camera has to sit some time in the mask. Some get only few makeup, but some need it a little bit more and sometimes it's a bit too much and if the episode is in hurry, then noone actualy notices that kind of a flaw (ir it is not too catastrophic) untill it is aired. The same is for posters, you can never tell how the foto will look like on a poster for 100% (99% is maximum).

I hate the catsuit, why can't they understand that Jolene Blalock is a great actor, and not just show off her body.. :wow:

:D I think the character T'Pol has something in common with Seven of Nine in the Voyager series.........in some respects both were actually given the responsibility of making sure the "Babe image" was present. Personally I think that this image distracts from their roles and assignments in the series It also distracts from the depth of their characters. I am glad some fans are able to see beyond this image into the Star Trek issues and the acting. But some fans want a "Babe" on board a star ship. And as long as that desire is there......there will always be one. Believe me I'M NOT saying women on Star Trek should be ugly., homely or anything of the kind..........I'm simply saying this image portrayed by T'Pol is done purposeful, not to add to the drama or issues of Star Trek.....I believe and have read that it's done to keep some fans happy. : :D

I think T'Pol should join Starfleet and get a real uniform like everyone else.

for those who are really into timeline integrity, SHE CAN NEVER, NEVER, JOIN STARFLEET, SPOCK WAS FIRST, HE COMES MUCH MUCH LATER. so get over it, she wont be wearing a uniform. also its easy to look past what she's wearing, just watch and enjoy the show, its no big deal. she's hot no doubt, but thats not what im watching when i watch the show. the "catsuit" as people seem to like to call it, could be worse, could be latex, so dont knock it.