Next topic for ST & Physics Weekly?

What approach would you like?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What approach would you like?

• A very classical look
    • A very classical look, but mathematically intense
    • A cosmological look
    • Modern Physics . . . Quantum Gravity

Next Star Trek & Physics Weekly Topic . . . . ?

For the conclusion for Logarithmic / Exponential Equations I would like to know what you think the next topic should be.

I do want it to be Relativity, but I have some different ideas on how I can approach it.

(For all of these choices I will cover relativity and it will be a major focus, but the applications of relativity and how I present it would be different)

1) A very classical look

We would look at classical experiments and models. Things like the train and it approaching the speed of light (but we would change that train into a ST Starfleet Shuttle without warp drive or entering subspace . . .) Frame of references would be a must concept I would cover. Lorentz transformations, its basic equations, how Einstein expanded that radically (and correctly), . . .

2) A very classical look, but mathematically intense

(but will not be too advance)

There are people at the Official Board / here that are very good in math and so this would not be completely objectionable. However, unless there is a real want for this I won’t do it.

3) A cosmological look

We would look at relativity (mainly the general theory vs. special) and its influence in cosmology.

4) Modern Physics . . . Quantum Gravity

This one I’m leaning a bit more then the others.

We would look at modern topics like the still not completely developed Quantum Gravity. Looking at things that try to connect the theory of general relativity to quantum mechanics! Covering things like string theory, super-gravity theory, twistor theory, . . .

Please let me know what you think.

And as always thank you for your cooperation

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I vote for Quantum Gravity etc. I think that is a very interesting topic. I also happen to be quite knowledgeable in that area.