Sign in to follow this  
Lt_Bashir

captains

Why are the captains in all series human,i would like to see some other race captain it would be interesting.Post your comments.

Why are the captains in all series human,i would like to see some other race captain it would be interesting.Post your comments.

255282[/snapback]

I don't know why a non-human captain hasn't yet helmed a ship bridge (well, probably because fans won't be attracted an alien as much as a human) but I agree it's HIGH TIME they had one. :)

Weren't there a Vulcan captain in DS9? I think its the baseball episode where Sisko and troops played against a Vulcan team. Spock was a captain in the TOS movie.

But I do agree, there aren't any "permanent" alien captains around, but I can't think of any alien that would make a nice captain. Mebbe a blue skinned alien would be nice. Imagine a Bolian or Andorian captain. That would make an interesting series.

I agree, I'm not sure if most fans would identify with and alien captain, it's something I'd personally like to see though

There's a series of ST books based on a Klingon ship and a Klingon captain. I would like to see that turn out into a series or movie.

TNG 1st Season Episode "Conspiracy" Captain Picard is summond to a meeting on a obscure mining planet, there we meet Captain Rixx of the USS Thomas Paine he is Bolian and to my knowlege the only Alien Captain Trek has ever recognized in the series. I could not find a photo of him, but he was blue with ridges on his head. :alien:

Edited by Airies

Weren't there a Vulcan captain in DS9? I think its the baseball episode where Sisko and troops played against a Vulcan team. Spock was a captain in the TOS movie.

But I do agree, there aren't any "permanent" alien captains around, but I can't think of any alien that would make a nice captain. Mebbe a blue skinned alien would be nice. Imagine a Bolian or Andorian captain. That would make an interesting series.

255345[/snapback]

TNG 1st Season Episode "Conspiracy" Captain Picard is summond to a meeting on a obscure mining planet, there we meet Captain Rixx of the USS Thomas Paine he is Bolian and to my knowlege the only Alien Captain Trek has ever recognized in the series. I could not find a photo of him, but he was blue with ridges on his head.  :alien:

261667[/snapback]

Correct there have been some as "guests" but I responded believing Lt_Bashir to mean as "stars". Right Lt_Bashir?

A full running alien captain would be awsome! Maybe somone with a terrible past... How about a Klingon, a Trill, maybe even an android. I loved Data as a captain.

In one of the rp's that I am in, our captain of the USS Perseverence is a Bajoran female who had to take Captain Kirtmer's place...

I think Trill or Bajoran would be cool to see as a captain...star of a show...