Sign in to follow this  
gdog243

Blood Fever

I watched this episode tonight and while it was kind of dark, I actually enjoyed it. It was a nice Torres story, and we see an introduction to the borg that will become a major storyline in the series. However, I do have two questions:

-How old was Vorik. (In vulcan years) Didn't Spock have to deal with Pon Farr when he was a child in The Search for Spock? It seemed kind of odd that he would be going through his first Pon Farr.

-Did we ever see Vorik after this episode. I really enjoyed the fact that he became kind of a recurring character, but he was pushed aside at one point. I'm hoping it wasn't this episode.

Blood Fever was one of my most favorite episodes. I am a true Torres/Roxanne Dawson fan......even got to meet her and get her autograph at a Trek convention about three years ago.......Anyway I can't answer either question about Vorik. I just thought he was an interesting change from Spock, and was sorry when he no longer showed up in any further episodes. Unfortunately, I didn't see Voyager from the beginning. So the episodes with Vorik were out of sequence when I got a chance to see them.

Vorik appeared in a total of 8 episodes over the course of the series. They are:

-Fair Trade

-Alter Ego

-Blood Fever

-Day of Honor

-Demon

-Extreme Risk

-Counterpoint

-Renaissance Man

The actor who played Vorik, Alexander Enberg, also appeared in Time's Arrow Part 2 (TNG) as a reporter, Lower Decks (TNG) as Ensign Taurik, and in Voyager's Juggernaut as Malon # 3. He is also the son of Jeri Taylor, one of the series' writers and creators.

Spock did go through Pon Farr as a child in The Search for Spock, however, his body chemistry was being accelerated at an enormous rate and we can't be for sure if that was an accurate time line for Pon Farr. Also, it may be like puberty, different people develope at different rates.? Maybe, that's my idea anyway.

This is great information. Thanks!

Vorik appeared in a total of 8 episodes over the course of the series. They are:

-Fair Trade

-Alter Ego

-Blood Fever

-Day of Honor

-Demon

-Extreme Risk

-Counterpoint

-Renaissance Man

The actor who played Vorik, Alexander Enberg, also appeared in Time's Arrow Part 2 (TNG) as a reporter, Lower Decks (TNG) as Ensign Taurik, and in Voyager's Juggernaut as Malon # 3. He is also the son of Jeri Taylor, one of the series' writers and creators.

256641[/snapback]

-Fair Trade

-Alter Ego

-Blood Fever

-Day of Honor

-Demon

-Extreme Risk

-Counterpoint

-Renaissance Man

256641[/snapback]

I remember him in Lower Decks. Why didn't they do what they should have done with Tom and just carry the original character's name over.

I liked Blood fever a lot. They certainly handled the Pon Farr subject better than what Enterprise did with it. No one ran half naked through the corridors.

Edited by Admiral Kirk

Yes, I too really enjoyed Blood Fever. This episode did handle Pon Farr better than Enterprise. Heck Voyager did a better job when Tuvok went through the same thing.

Nice episode with an introduction to Borg orbital bombardment. I wonder how those aliens dissappeared.....

-Fair Trade

-Alter Ego

-Blood Fever

-Day of Honor

-Demon

-Extreme Risk

-Counterpoint

-Renaissance Man

256641[/snapback]

I remember him in Lower Decks. Why didn't they do what they should have done with Tom and just carry the original character's name over.

256675[/snapback]

The reason is that they would have to pay royalties to the writers of The First Duty (Ron Moore and Naren Shankar) and Lower Decks (Ron Wilkerson and Rene Echevarria) every time someone mentioned the names Taurik or Locarno. It's just easier to create a new charcater.