Sign in to follow this  
Roetae

The Ramming

I did!! I did!!

Everyone seemed to like the part where the ships rammed together.. me I liked the wedding.. :o

Siblings agreeing. Are you two like this all the time or only when your parents can't see it? :o

I actually liked the ramming scene. I thought it was really cool. One of the best space battles I have ever seen. :o

I really liked the wedding too and wished there had been more of the reception shown (I wanted to hear all of Blue Skies and see Riker up there with his trombone. :laugh: )

:o not all the time just about star trek...

I thought the ramming scene was ok it was a great battle I just like the wedding better..

(not to long after NEM came out I was at a concert and a group was singing Blue Skys.. :o it was slightly different but I sat there smiling the whole time they were singing it..) :laugh:

What would you rather happen? The Enterprise sit there like a massive paper-weight in space while the Schimitat escapes? :o If I remember correctly, their weapons and shields were pretty much gone. It was ramming speed or nothing, so... FULL IMPULSE! ENGAGE! :o

Here's my question: When the Schimitar pulled back... how come the Enterprise wasn't dragged forward as the Schimitar ripped free? :laugh: I'm not a nitpicker, just currious.

Here's my question: When the Schimitar pulled back...  how come the Enterprise wasn't dragged forward as the Schimitar ripped free? :o I'm not a nitpicker, just currious.

Because that's what it said in the script--just kidding Captain. Of course you are correct, that's what would have happened but it was more fun the other way.

As for Roetae's question--I have to disagree with you. I thought the ramming scene was very creative. I don't even know of another movie that has done something like that. I thought it was awesome.

ya and it looked great. i really liked it and i thought it was sooooo cool how the viewscreen was ripped away. i loved that part. i didnt like the wedding actually. the dialogue seemed forced. it didnt sound as if the characters were talking, it sounded as if the part was written for somebody else.

Siblings agreeing.  Are you two like this all the time or only when your parents can't see it? :wow:

I actually liked the ramming scene.  I thought it was really cool.  One of the best space battles I have ever seen.  :bow:

I really liked the wedding too and wished there had been more of the reception shown (I wanted to hear all of Blue Skies and see Riker up there with his trombone.  :laugh: )

Lol! :wow:

I thought it was ok...I thought the ship would be a bit more damaged, though...

Siblings agreeing.  Are you two like this all the time or only when your parents can't see it? :bow:

I actually liked the ramming scene.  I thought it was really cool.  One of the best space battles I have ever seen.  :wow:

I really liked the wedding too and wished there had been more of the reception shown (I wanted to hear all of Blue Skies and see Riker up there with his trombone.  :laugh: )

OK, another case of Siblings agreeing here. I agree with you Takara!! Especially about the fact that they cut the reception down for the movie...we should have gotten to hear all of Blue Skies!!

We're getting off topic! :laugh: Anyways, back to "the ramming"! One part I loved was that as the Schimitar tried to rip away, we saw the wreckage actually chewing up the Enteprise as well as the lights on the ship flickerring! I thought this really added to the effect of making it feel realistic.

We're getting off topic! :laugh:

I don't see any posts that are off topic.

The battle with the Scimitar for me was the most amazing battle I have seen. Not just the battle between the ships but the battle between Picard and Shinzon in strategies.

The ramming was Rambo like, but the part with the view screen being blown away, that i liked.

I agree that the wedding scene seemed forced Picard talking about how the "Troi's" :laugh: marraige will effect HIM? it sounded foolish!

Yet, i guess that ramming was the only thing left to do, but the pulling apart? :bow:

Who else thought that the ramming of the ships in NEM was really dum?? :bow:

*raises hand* Me, me, me!! The destruction of the Enterprise in the Search for Spock was Awesome! In Generations it was good too. Now it's old. Another movie, gee I wonder if they'll destroy the Enterprise again. :laugh:

I hope the Nemeis fans don't hate me for that, it's JMHO

Edited to add: I hate that they destroyed the Enterprise again, but I think they did it very well visually. It was exciting to watch.

Who else thought that the ramming of the ships in NEM was really dum?? :laugh:

*raises hand* Me, me, me!! The destruction of the Enterprise in the Search for Spock was Awesome! In Generations it was good too. Now it's old. Another movie, gee I wonder if they'll destroy the Enterprise again. :bow:

I hope the Nemeis fans don't hate me for that, it's JMHO

Edited to add: I hate that they destroyed the Enterprise again, but I think they did it very well visually. It was exciting to watch.

Actually... they didn't destroy the Enterprise. All they did was smash the crap out of the front of the saucer! :wow: I've been wanting to see a major ship in Trek suffer that kind of damage without exploding or crashing. So, I was very please with the scene. Remember at the end, when the Enterprise was in drydock undergoing repairs? They allready started rebuilding the front section of the saucer. Easier than building a new Enterprise, I guess. :wow:

Actually...  they didn't destroy the Enterprise.  All they did was smash the crap out of the front of the saucer!

Close enough animal-smiley-045.gif

The Only thing that bugged me about the ramming scene was that they showed part of it in the Damn Trailer.  Not Much of it, but enough to give it away  :laugh:

I agree, but then you kinda KNEW they would put something like that in the trailer to try and grab viewers attentions... :laugh:

I thought the ramming scene was great, and since I never saw the trailer, it came as a suprise too.. It was Picards only choice..

The Only thing that bugged me about the ramming scene was that they showed part of it in the Damn Trailer.  Not Much of it, but enough to give it away  :laugh:

I agree, but then you kinda KNEW they would put something like that in the trailer to try and grab viewers attentions... :laugh:

True, but I hate trailers that pretty much give away the movie. Have you seen the trailers for Voyage home? If I hadn't already seen the movie, I would have been outraged!

True, but I hate trailers that pretty much give away the movie. Have you seen the trailers for Voyage home? If I hadn't already seen the movie, I would have been outraged!

Oh, I agree! I have renting or going to see a movie where the trailer looked SOO good, only to find out that the trailer was the best part of the movie (That is not the case for Nemesis, IMO). They put way too much of the good stuff in to a trailer in hopes of grabbing attention, but forget that they are giving too much away before anyone sees it!