Sign in to follow this  
poguemahone

[S] "Regeration" 07.05

JUST WATCHED IT

it was good escapism:

Click for Spoiler:

it never really explains the timeline at all!!!!!!! well how could they? the enterprise crew has no idea what happens in the future. anyways, it was still a great episode. very intense. and phlox develops a very large problem to say the least. i give it an 8.5/10

Bysty lives in Canada. We don't have UPN. We get Enterprise on Space Channel (on Sundays) but it is also sold to individual stations across the country. Where I live it is on Wednesdays.

I just had a thought, I think they should have used the scene from First Contact where the sphere gets destroyed by the Enterprise-E for the teaser, to just bridge that gap then cut to the scientists discovering them, but I guess they decided not to do that.

Wow!!!

Click for Spoiler:

Great episode. Well written. Now the details, First the things that bothered me, one considering that Trip had his run in with the Vissians he seemed to be in a good mood. The part about Cochrane's speech seemed a little cheesey. Now the good parts, the way they did it really seemed to fit, didn't seem like a gimick to improve ratings at all. When Archer decided to posty a guard in sickbay he seemed pretty decisive, and was the Captain he needed to be through out the Episode, I really think Archer is "getting" it. Phlox mentioned the Bynars from TNG that was cool. I thought the "red shirt" security guard in sickbay was going to die but he was merely knocked out. I really think the transporter will start being used more, the ""let's use the Shuttle All and all I think I have a new favourite episode. Everything about it was cool. It wasa one trime thing and they did a damn good job of it. Could it be? Is ENT now becoming the best Trek ever? Nice little bit there at the end about the 24th Century :(

I thinks it's my favorite Episode for Enterprise,Probably the whole Star Trek series.For me,the story starts to make sense to me :(

That was a great episode. Absolutely no breach in the time line.

Click for Spoiler:

That was so cool watching the transfirmation of the different individuals to becoming Borg. It will be interesting to see how this affects Phlox in the future. The references to Zephram Cochrane I didn't find to be cheesy and it tied in nicely at the end when Archer and T'Pol were talking about how long it would take that message to reach the Delta Quadrant. I agree it was really interesting to the reference to the Bynars.

That was a great episode.  Absolutely no breach in the time line. 

Click for Spoiler:

That was so cool watching the transfirmation of the different individuals to becoming Borg.  It will be interesting to see how this affects Phlox in the future.  The references to Zephram Cochrane I didn't find to be cheesy and it tied in nicely at the end when Archer and T'Pol were talking about how long it would take that message to reach the Delta Quadrant.  I agree it was really interesting to the reference to the Bynars.

Click for Spoiler:

I guess your right in the long run, ENT tying itself into the whole Trek landscape the part about the speech did fit, I take the cheesy bit back.

Click for Spoiler:

The episode kept the pace of First Contact. It was not my favorite episode but was pretty cool anyhoo. I wish the episode showed more of what was going on with Dr. Phlox. But maybe the episode was best as an action episode. There was not much time for going into individual character's problems. It seemed that Archer made some tough decisions which were the best for the time.

I thought the part about the transmission that Phlox recieved was a neat touch. It would take until the 24th century for the Borg to answer the transmission because they are from the Delta Quadrant.

this was an excellent episode, cant wait till sunday to watch it again. so now did i miss something again, i went to the chat room, STARTREKFANS.NET and no one was there. well anyway loved the epi, wasnt disapointed in how they could defeat such a POWERFUL enemy considering if it took them any longer they probably wouldnt have been able too.

Click for Spoiler:

the only real complaint i have, if you can call it that, is how fast tripp learned enough about their technology to disable it as quick as he did. but thats it. its about dang time they use the transporter.

You went to the right place for the chat, I just forgot to announce the Chat this week, and was to "into" the episode to look at my computer, sorry guys.

Whoa.

Thaaat was really cool. I don't know, at the beginning it felt a lot like an X-File, maybe because M&S have serveral times ended up in the Artic. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. I'm still shaking.

The subtext is a little tense between Archer and Trip at the beginning. Which is also cool. It should be.

Click for Spoiler:

I loved the part where Archer spaces the Borg. Oh, yeah we got angst goin' on, and T'Pol comfort, too. That's better than mint frosting on a cellular peptide cake.

:cool:

I'm gonna watch it again. Don'tcha just love the creepy ones?

Later,

thayln

"And far out beyond any sensor's range, undetected in the cold dark wastes, something stretched, and strained intolerably--and slowly began to tear...." Diane Duane

Man oh man, what a great episode! Enterprise is officially as good as DS9 & VOY! :o

Click for Spoiler:

When we saw the Borg marching down corridors of the Enterprise in the teaser, I thought some crewmen were going to get assimilated! This must be the luckiest crew in the history of Starfleet! Perhaps Q is watching over? :o Anywho, I loved how Phlox thought to kill the nano-probes with radiation. He had to think like an engineer instead of a doctore. Nice touch. I also loved how Archer decided to blow the crap out of the transport in the event that the humans were not retrievable! My only complaint is that this episode has created a paradox. However, I'm going to start a seperate thread for that, provided one isn't allready going. CYA guys! :laugh:

I really liked this episode it reminded me of an episode of X-files mixed with John Carpenter's It. Can't wait for the two new eps next week.

John Carpenter's It.

you mean stephen kings IT, or john carpenters THE THING? the thing was an awsome movie, gotta watch that again, havent watched it in forever.

Click for Spoiler:

This was interesting to say the least. I liked the dialouge between the researchers in the beginning. It seemed very natural and unscripted (if such a thing exists). Lots of action in this one, as it was to be expected. I also agree with everyone about the transporter -- it's becoming a more natural method of transportation for the crew.

Overall...I can say that this was a good episode. However, I think that I liked the drama in "Cogenitor" a little more than this episode, so I give it a 7.0/10

Sometimes you have to trade of drama for action :o

Click for Spoiler:

What an ep! Everything I want in Star Trek. The Borg were terrifying. Captain Archer was tough. The Doctor was brave. Great human moments amidst the carnage. Wonderful.

Gazing at the previews for next week. Sigh ... it looks like a more oversexed episode than is even usual. Maybe it'll be handled as well as in Amok Time. I doubt it. The other ep looks neat, though.

I think tonight's episode was very good

Click for Spoiler:

. But I have some questions. Were all traces of the Borg destoyed and did the nanites in Phlox's system dissolve? And no matter how attractive T'pol (Blalock) may be I'm tired of the writers over sexualizing her character. But I can't really complain

Click for Spoiler:

until I've seen the episode. :lol

:

I thought this was a very good episode! Did you know the lady scientist that discovereed the Drone in reasl life is married to John Billingsley?

Hey all 1st tonights Eppisode was The best Enterprise eppisode so far

Next remeber that felling we use to get when TNG was on and we saw the borg they were a bit scary and we were always on edge with them and your stomack would kind be in a knot of excitement at least it was for me. then voyager came along great show except they made the Borg look weak and took the fear out of them.

Click for Spoiler:

But tonight it was just great in the end when Archer said it the message would not get to the deltq Q. until 200 years that feeling suddenly came back

you know what i mean

-Later all

You went to the right place for the chat, I just forgot to announce the Chat this week, and was to "into" the episode to look at my computer, sorry guys.

What time are you scheduling your chats - if you're having a second shift for the West Coast I could join in? The Fox network carries UPN after hours so I don't get it at 11:00 p.m. EDT - I guess that's about the same "real" time as UPN carries it out West.

Re: the episode

Click for Spoiler:

One of my favorite scenes was when the drone was attacking Reed and Archer just jumped on it and started pulling out cables. I don't think I had seen that technique before.

All in all I enjoyed the episode but the Arctic scene annoyed me. When did humans stop being suspicious of everything? If we found something like that today they'd be surrounded by so much security.

Either my hearing or my reception was bad. What did Trip say to Archer when they were looking over the display panel?

GREAT EPISODE

This was a great episode, but I think it would have made a better two parter

Click for Spoiler:

I do have to wonder though about the Borg technology that was left behind. Did the Borg use all of it to modify the ship, or was some left on earth? If it was left on earth, would our scientists not analyze it further? The part of Phlox hearing the message was great. It kind of brings the Borg full circle. The Borg getting the message in the 24th century, explains how the Borg would find out about humanity.

GREAT EPISODE

Click for Spoiler:

I do have to wonder though about the Borg technology that was left behind.  Did the Borg use all of it to modify the ship, or was some left on earth?  If it was left on earth, would our scientists not analyze it further?  The part of Phlox hearing the message was great.  It kind of brings the Borg full circle.  The Borg getting the message in the 24th century, explains how the Borg would find out about humanity.

Click for Spoiler:

I agree the part about Phlox hearing the message was a good touch. That's also a very good question about the technology they left behind - surely there had to be something if just hull plating. Wasn't it supposed to be Q - that introduced humanity to the Borg or did VOY alter that with Seven of Nine?

I felt the same way when Archer and T'Pol were discussing that. I thought they did such an excellent job in keeping the timeline intact. Great episode.

Click for Spoiler:

I think a couple of people touched on a key point here. The Borg were terrifying again. We have to keep in mind, the ENT crew knows very little about them, in fact, they don't even know they're called the Borg. You could tell there was a real sense of fear and confusion because The Borg are so advanced they (the crew) almost don't know what to make of them. Those same feelings the crew had, I felt too. Now, I liked the Borg in Voyager, but it was different than the Borg in TNG. In TNG you couldn't wait to see how the crew got out of it because The Borg were always one step ahead. That same feeling that was in Q Who, Best of both Worlds, and Descent was present in this episode and it was paced very well. I wanted it to keep going.

I also enjoyed the mention of the binars and the references to First Contact, and the end was great regarding the signal reaching the Delta Quadrant in 200 years. Even though Archer knows he won't be around by then, he knows something terrifying will happen then.

The research scientist at the beginning were interesting too and I thought it was really funny when one of the researchers said something like, "they're probably not hostile" or something to that affect.

Overall they did the episode very well and didn't screw up the time-line at all, in fact, they made it more interesting with the signal. And because the crew never finds out what they're called, about their real weapons and ships, it makes sense that Picard and his crew will still know nothing about the Borg by the time of Q Who. Because there was no real threat to Earth it was probably just a passing mention in a log that was forgotten about by then.

Lastly, the Enterprise was in real danger of being destroyed and they had trouble with a transformed transport ship, so we don't have to worry about, "how did the Enterprise crew take out a sphere or Cube and an entire fleet in the 24th century can't take one cube" mentality.

9.5/10

GREAT EPISODE

Click for Spoiler:

I do have to wonder though about the Borg technology that was left behind.  Did the Borg use all of it to modify the ship, or was some left on earth?  If it was left on earth, would our scientists not analyze it further?  The part of Phlox hearing the message was great.  It kind of brings the Borg full circle.  The Borg getting the message in the 24th century, explains how the Borg would find out about humanity.

Click for Spoiler:

I agree the part about Phlox hearing the message was a good touch. That's also a very good question about the technology they left behind - surely there had to be something if just hull plating. Wasn't it supposed to be Q - that introduced humanity to the Borg or did VOY alter that with Seven of Nine?

Click for Spoiler:

That's what Q thinks, as I highly doubt that he was watching Humans during this time so he wouldn't know that humanity have met the Borg, since there is no reason for him to believe they did when he knows they're supposed to be in Delta Quadrant

Click for Spoiler:

Great Episode. I liked the holographic bullets reference. But why can 22nd century medicine discover that radiation cures assimilation when no mention of it is made in TNG and VOY?

Click for Spoiler:

Great Episode. I liked the holographic bullets reference. But why can 22nd century medicine discover that radiation cures assimilation when no mention of it is made in TNG and VOY?

Click for Spoiler:

Well, they actually had time to do some research on the Borg which TNG never had a chance of doing. And keep in mind, Phlox wasn't a full drone yet, only about half way there, with a full drone it would not be effective I would surmise. And, we MIGHT find out later that there are side-effects from the radiation treatment that might effect Phlox. Perhaps, there will be an episode in the future where they find out the radiation didn't completely work and Phlox tries to assimilate everyone hehe.

I too thought it was a great Episode!

Click for Spoiler:

My only "complaint" would be that on Enterprise ehrn the security officers were shooting the Borg and Archer and Reed were on the Borg ship why didn't Archer's Borg learn to adapt to the phasers at the same time the Enterprise Borg learned to adapt? Being a collective mind once one Borg learns to adapt they all know how to, right?

As for why Phlox was able to discover that Radiation was effective against the Nano-probes and Crusher or any of the future doctors couldn't? Well I can't recall an instance where a "future" doctor was able to study assimilation from it's beginning stages the way Phlox was able to. He got the aliens while they were still "Themselves". That's my take on it anyway.

Another thing I was waiting to see how they handled it, when the Borg ship hailed Enterprise, the only thing they said was: "You Will Be Assimilated. Resistance is Futile." No mention that "We Are The Borg". That saves the timeline and shuts the naysayers up... LOL

As for hoe bysty saw the episode on Tuesday, well bsysty will have to let everyone know. I myself had the episode downloaded by 2:30 or 3:00pm Wed afternoon. Had I not had to go to work I'd have watched it hours before everyone else. The internet is a wonderous thing, you just have to know where to look for what you wany. I hope to get next weeks episode at least a day early.

P.S. You gotta love that spoiler feature. I'm sure it saves a lot of people from reading things they don't want to read yet.