82 members have voted

1. 1. What was your favorite Pilot episode

• The Cage
    • Where No Man has Gone before
    • Encounter at Farpoint
    • The Emissary
    • Caretaker
    • Broken Bow

Caretaker. I am avoyager girl and Robert Beltran with no top on scrummy for me.

Hmm i would say my favorite pilot episode would have to be The cage but Where no man has gone before is not that far behind :laugh:

I am a big DS9 fan fan so my choice was easy its The Emissary,i dont think i have seen the cage i will have to ask hang on that one and i know for sure i have not seen Encounter at far point ooo wait thats TNG :clap: Riker :laugh:

I voted Emissary and here's my two cents.

I think that of all the series' pilots, Emissary has the cast that is most fully developed. From the get-go everyone was "in character" at least IMO. Yes, Kira mellowed as DS9 progressed, Bashir lost much of his initial wussiness, but on the whole they were all immediately in their stride. Look at Odo, Sisko, O'Brien, Dax, Jake, Quark ... you got the picture immediately how these relationships were going to shake out.

Of course, it does not hurt that DS9 is the ultimate Trek for me!

hmmm tough choice, however i voted emissary, i really thought the handover from the next gen was good, and started the storyline off very well!

My favorite pilot episodes:

1. Emissary

2. Caretaker

3. Broken Bow

4. Where no man has gone before

5. The cage

6. Encounter at farpoint

But I still enjoy watching them all.

The cage being a 2 parter is a toughie to rate. I enjoyed the second part (Menagerie part II) more than the first... One of my favorite Trek, final scenes, is Kirk staring at the image of the Talosian as he compares Kirk's reality with that of Pike's and wishes that he find his was *as pleasant*..nods... and Kirk is stunned at the feat that has been accomplished for Pike and that these entities could offer that ; a second chance :clap: THAT scene is incomparable and probably encompasses the most important thing in Trek... An appreciation for the incredible things that could be in existance out there; things beyond our dreams :clap: It's what Trek is all about... ; not just battles and territory infringements..but things beyond our dreams... :clap:

HOWEVER... As far as a full story, with MANY dramatic moments "Where No Man Has Gone Before" and had many moments to ponder... such as when the forcefield was drained, his friend's eyes returned to normal and *for just one moment* Gary returned as himself... then Spock had to relay to Kirk that there was no hope, and only one way...and Kirk's battle inside between his feelings for his friend and his unwanted but nagging realization that Spock was correct.

Lots and lots of moments in there :clap:

Heron

Favorite Piot Episodes!

------------------------------

1. "The Cage"

2. "Where No Man Has Gone Before"

3."Encounter At Farpoint"

4."CareTaker"

5."Broken Bow"

6."Emissary"

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

They are all good of course but this is how I rate them right now..

1 - The Emissary

2 - Where No Man Has Gone Before

3 - The Cage

4 - Encounter at Farpoint

5 - Caretaker

6 - Broken Bow

I am A big fan of DS9 but I have not seen the Emissary yet. Everytime they show it I'm allways busy or I forget to watch it.

Caretaker, It was scripted very well, had a good storyline. Encounter at Fairpoint Station (TNG) would have to be second choice in the matter.

Encounter At Farpoint. Why? Jean-Luc, of course. :laugh: I love that episode, especially the scene in which Jean-Luc steps out of the darkness... :biggrin:

I prefer Emissary over Encounter becaus it seemed like the characters in the DS9 season didn't have that awkward phase of trying to hit their stride like the TNG characters had.

TNG is still my favorite series, but Emissary is too awesome! :biggrin:

The Cage -I liked it.

Where No Man has Gone before -It was really good, only because I hope one day I might get some of those powers :(

Encounter at Farpoint -Pretty good.

The Emissary -Extremely good.

Caretaker -Haven't seen it

Broken Bow -Haven't seen it