Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

You gotta love the internet

I'm now downloading Regeneration, I won't be able to watch it till I get home from work and by then the episode will be airing on TV anyway but if I didn't have to work I'd be able to watch it in 54 more minutes lol.

Click for Spoiler:

I'm getting it from www.Scifi-Epz.Com for anyone intrested, you also need to get a copy of Bit Torrents to be able to download it.

Thanks for the tip, but I have a concern. I've heard that file sharing programs (Kazaa, Morpheus, etc.) are loaded with spyware. Is that the case with the program you are using? I do use AdAware and SpyBot Search and Destroy, but I've also heard that deleting the spyware will cause the file sharing program to malfunction. What about this program you're recommending in your "spoiler"?

Thanks for the tip, but I have a concern.  I've heard that file sharing programs (Kazaa, Morpheus, etc.) are loaded with spyware.  Is that the case with the program you are using?  I do use AdAware and SpyBot Search and Destroy, but I've also heard that deleting the spyware will cause the file sharing program to malfunction.  What about this program you're recommending in your "spoiler"?

Use KaZaa Lite, that has the Spyware and Adware removed. Also, Bit Torrent doesn't seem to have anything like this at all. In fact it's completely different from KaZaa. Check out the site and try it, you'll see what I mean.

ive always wondered about scifi epz... i could never get it to work... i dont suppose u could give me a link to the bittorrents download page...i looked on yahoo and got confused myself...thanks

ive always wondered about scifi epz... i could never get it to work... i dont suppose u could give me a link to the bittorrents download page...i looked on yahoo and got confused myself...thanks

It only took me 10 minutes to download Regeneration. You do need to have at least DIVX 5.05 installed to view the video though.

http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/

thanks skipper...your the man..is scifiepz the only site that does this? cause this would save me a headache for waiting hours on kazaa....

btw.. stfans rocks! gj

I am going to give this a try, Thanks VBG. Hopefully it will be faster than Kazaa. I have a dial up connection and it takes weeks on Kazaa to get an episode.

thanks skipper...your the man..is scifiepz the only site that does this? cause this would save me a headache for waiting hours on kazaa....

btw.. stfans rocks! gj

SciFi-Epz seems to be the best one I've found so far. There's several out there though.

Do a Yahoo search for "BitTorrent Enterprise" and see what you get.

I am going to give this a try, Thanks VBG.  Hopefully it will be faster than Kazaa.  I have a dial up connection and it takes weeks on Kazaa to get an episode.

I can't say for sure how much faster it will be for a dial up connection. But for me on Kazaa I can get episodes in an hour or 2 (Cable modem) but it only took about 10 minutes using Bit Torrents.

ugh. i have dial-up too. i live on an acreage and dsl isnt around my area yet. it takes forever to download stuff. it blows. to download a game (*cough* *cough* i know, i know. its bad. sorry. lol) i have to turn on kazaa over-night and i only have ONE phone-line. yuck.

Guest Ktrek

ahhh! Scifiepz is ok if you want LOW quality avis but there are other bit torrents sites that have really good quality mpgs for vcd. I prefer those!

Ktrek

They aren't really low quality. More upper mid-quality. They're about 80mb and that's the size I'm trying to keep mine at. As it stands right now I have over 600 episodes of Star Trek on my hard drives.

i know what ktrek is talking about..theres a 80mb version and a 450mb version of each episode that people are downloading....btw..it has spyware and viruses? i havent detected any as of yet and i use norton and adaware

i know what ktrek is talking about..theres a 80mb version and a 450mb version of each episode that people are downloading....btw..it has spyware and viruses?  i havent detected any as of yet and i use norton and adaware

the 450mbs are great but imagine trying to have 600+ episodes on your hard drives at 450MB each. The 80mbs are fine for me.

No spy or adware that I've seen.

Guest Ktrek

I would have no need to have 600 episodes of Star Trek on my hard drive. I burn the mpgs to VCDs and download really nice artwork from www.khitomer.net and store them for future viewing on my TV using my DVD player. The picture is far better! Also since I do alot of capturing myself the process requires large amounts of storage space as you convert from avi to mpgs. So, I want to keep my hard drive as free as possible so my encode turn out high quality. :laugh:

Also, as to the spyware thing I thinnk what ddillard was referring to is the peer to peer software has spyware as part of the application. They make a Kaaza lite version that is spyware free. As to viruses I have known people who have gotten viruses through peer to peer. I use either IRC, Bit Torrents or Direct Connect and have never gotten a virus. You should always scan anyting you download with an antivirus sofwtare anyways.

Ktrek

It's a much better quality for sure they way you're doing it. How many episodes can you fit per disc? The only VCD I've made was a copy of The Thing and that took 2 CD's. That was my 1 and only attempt to do it though and then only to see what the process was. It took about 3 hours to do too.

The only reason I like having all the episodes on my computer is so I don't have to worry about pulling a DVD or CD out every time I want to watch this episode or that episode. I just go to the DS9 folder open the right season I want to watch from and there it is. I've been known to pick a series and start in the Season 1 folder and click them all and just watch every episode starting with 1x01 through 1x26. Of course that usually takes several days to get through them all but it's nice to not have to switch Discs.

As for watching on TV, I have my cmputer hooked up to my TV so I can watch my computer on my TV. Some of the files are UHF quality (for anyone over 25 you should know what UHF quality is lol) but for my purposes I can live with it.

Guest Ktrek

VBG,

A cdr disc will only hold 80 minutes of video data so unfortunately that limits the amount of shows you can put on a disc, which is one. I don't mind though. CDRs are so cheap it only costs me about 15 to 25 cents an episode to archive it and have it for future viewing. Much cheaper than VHS and takes up alot less space. I'm thinking about buying a DVD writer though. I'm told I could store up to 10 episodes per disc. There is a free software application you can download that will format VCD or SVCD data so it will play on a DVD-r or DVD+r disc.

BTW, using bit torrents I can download each weeks episode, on tuesday, in an mpg format on my highspeed cable connection in one hour and fifteen minutes. Pretty cool! That way I can watch the show "commercial" free! Of course I don't get to see next weeks previews but I don't really care! :)

Ktrek

TOS - Volumes (buying in bulk from e-bay for cheap, hoping for season sets)

TNG - I have season 1 so far

DS9 - Don't have season 1 yet

VOY - Season sets out next year

ENT - Will be a few years before it's on video, so this is the only Trek show I download. :)

VBG,

A cdr disc will only hold 80 minutes of video data so unfortunately that limits the amount of shows you can put on a disc, which is one. I don't mind though. CDRs are so cheap it only costs me about 15 to 25 cents an episode to archive it and have it for future viewing. Much cheaper than VHS and takes up alot less space. I'm thinking about buying a DVD writer though. I'm told I could store up to 10 episodes per disc. There is a free software application you can download that will format VCD or SVCD data so it will play on a DVD-r or DVD+r disc.

BTW, using bit torrents I can download each weeks episode, on tuesday, in an mpg format on my highspeed cable connection in one hour and fifteen minutes. Pretty cool! That way I can watch the show "commercial" free! Of course I don't get to see next weeks previews but I don't really care! :)

Ktrek

I just spoke with my brother tonight, he has a DVD-RW/+RW (Sony) and he loves it. He got it for $250 on Ebay.

That's my next big computer purchase. 4.7GB per DVD. That'll work for me!

That is what I am planning as well, since I usually download the larger files, as I cannot find the smaller ones except for the current week, on the page you posted VBG

That is what I am planning as well, since I usually download the larger files, as I cannot find the smaller ones except for the current week, on the page you posted VBG

To find the smaller files of previous episodes check out KaZaa Lite. You'll find every episode of every series there, in many different file sizes.

VBG,

BTW, using bit torrents I can download each weeks episode, on tuesday, in an mpg format on my highspeed cable connection in one hour and fifteen minutes. Pretty cool! That way I can watch the show "commercial" free! Of course I don't get to see next weeks previews but I don't really care! :bow:

Ktrek

what sight do you download the high quality ones from?