Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Should I buy VOY on DVD

Should I buy VOY on DVD or should I be content with the series recorded on VHS?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should I buy VOY on DVD or should I be content with the series recorded on VHS?

• YES! It's the Best! By all means, buy it!
    • I am Still Trying to Make up my Own Mind!
    • NO! It's Crap! Be content with your VHS recordings!

It really depends on how much you enjoyed voyager. For instance I could not go without having TNG on dvd, I had to re-watch all eps..when I was done I felt better..however insane that sounds. In the end, its a good thing to have and watch over and over, but you have to reason weither its affordable.

First of all, it definately depends on how much you liked it - I don't think I'd be getting ENT on DVD at the moment, although I will try to watch in on TV. Second of all, it's not crazy at all! I am apt to go insane if I haven't had my TNG fix for the day :rolleyes:

I dont have a DVD player so I have to buy VHS. But sooner or later They wont even sell VHS anymore and well have to get one. So HA! :rolleyes:

You may be doing the right thing by not buying a DVD player, right around the corner, there could be a new kid on the block, subscription services that allow you to buy features which you do not store at home. A cable box type of device would be attached to your TV and any movie (or anything) you have purchased, with a click of a button will be downloaded into the box for viewing whenever you wish without needing bookshelves of software all over the house. :rolleyes: I like the idea.

Except only rich people will be able to afford it. People like me probably won't be able to afford it for many years. If it's only like $200, I'll buy it. If it's more than that... for watching videos... that's just too expensive.

I want to buy it and hope the cost wont be too high  Hopefully in the near future buying DVD's will be cheap

I highly doubt the prices will go down any time soon.

I don’t know, seems to me if the bulk of software can be eliminated, the cost should decrease.

by all means yes, in my opinion it was rivaled by only tng... even so..if your content with soso quality there all on kazaa for free

Soso quility is what I have with my VHS recordings. Not good enough for my favorite Treks but ok for VOY is at the heart of my reasons for this poll. I am trying to find justification for buying the DVDs for the episodes I think are worth it. Are there more good VOY Treks than bad?

Hell, I'm getting them :rolleyes:

Voyager wasn't the Best Star Trek IMO, but it still entertained as Trek knows how :rolleyes:

Hmmm-good point and very interesting, thanks.

I've never actually bought a Voyager tape, I just record them on blank tapes. It's good untill someone  tapes over them. Anyways its not like I'd buy EVERY episode. I'd just get my favourites.

P.S: sooner or later episodes will be on microchips and you just play them on your computer. Like in Trek! In my opinion anyways.

I too use VHS to capture episodes right away. Has VOY been being released on two volume sets like TOS? I have never seen any but that would be a good way for me to only get the episodes I want. I hope you get your wish for microchip Trek!

I voted yes but I don't agree with the full statement..."it's the best". VOY IMHO was a good show but not as good as DS9 or TNG. However, I am a Star Trek nut and I gotta have my Trek! So, I'm going to buy them. I am buying all Trek as it comes available on DVD. I really hope they release The Animated Series also. I'll buy Enterprise when it comes out on DVD as well.

Ktrek

I know what you mean, I am afraid if I do not buy them all while I can, the opportunity might be lost then I'd be sorry. The animated series would be another I would be torn in deciding to buy, I already have all but an episode or two, I am a little wary of tptb saying only one episode of that series is canon.

I voted Yes! When does it come out?

Thank you. I believe early 2004.

Nonono! I can't wait that long!

Judging from the polls many say buy it you would be happy if you do so. I am undesided as of what I will do in the future. I may buy it later but not now. :innocent:

I voted yes, I just don't see how buying any Trek on DVD could be a bad decision. I plan to get them all eventually.

Your question has actually been boing-ing around in my head for a couple o'weeks, and (with answer!) I swore if I ever came across that post ... I think Voyager merits a DVD purchase because I've recently seen episodes of other series, and (oh my gawd!) Voyager is the BEST - a strict guideline was followed during my review - my love for purity of storyline and sf effects - THE BEST!!!

*shameless bump* I have again been seeing a rash of posts made by hard-core VOY fans dissing the show. Any new members like to chime in with your two cents?

So far, I have one season each of TNG and DS9, and I might leave it at that, but I might pick up more. In any case, I will get at least one Voyager season. I must have some B'Elanna in full digital glory.

id stick to VHS, only because there easier, unless they brought out better special features.....

I did not vote though

I Vote Yes. I have been trying to sell all my VHS tapes to replace them all on DVD, I have bought some TNG already so I'm def going to get all of Voyager on DVD.

:clap:

I was just wondering what you all thought..I haven't seen all that many Voyager episodes and have been wondering if I should buy the DVDs when they come out..I'm thinking that I should at least get the first couple of seasons to see if I like them..I was pleasantly surprised with DS9..I hadn't seen too many of those episodes either until the DVDs came out..Now, I can't get enough of those DS9 DVDs..What do you think?..Will the Voyager DVDs be as good and do you plan on buying them?

I will be buying them on DVD and handing my VHS collection down to our son.

The fans of the show here have convinced me that I must not have been paying close enough attention when I was watching them while they were first running.

Even if it turns out my original ideas for the series as a whole were correct, I do believe there were enough great episodes to justify the cost and also, I want a complete Trek DVD collection.

Edited by Alterego

I too will wind up getting the Voyager DVD's. Voyager wasn't my favorite series of them all but to be fair I haven't seen all of the episodes yet. That said, a few of my favorite Star Trek episodes were Voyager episodes.

The first couple of seasons of Voyager though were the ones that I didn't really care for, for me it started getting good around the third or fourth season.

Yeah, all 7 seasons. But I haven't watched any of them for ages. 3 seasons remain unopened.

Well, it's time to crack those babies open and have a marathon lol

Yeah, all 7 seasons. But I haven't watched any of them for ages. 3 seasons remain unopened.

Well, it's time to crack those babies open and have a marathon lol

I also still have 1 ENT, 1 TOS, and 3 DS9 seasons unopened. :) I hate watching them alone but no one will watch them with me anymore. Jem only likes TNG (and "Star Trek") & M has been too busy :laugh: