Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Should I buy VOY on DVD

Should I buy VOY on DVD or should I be content with the series recorded on VHS?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should I buy VOY on DVD or should I be content with the series recorded on VHS?

• YES! It's the Best! By all means, buy it!
    • I am Still Trying to Make up my Own Mind!
    • NO! It's Crap! Be content with your VHS recordings!

A Hugh percentage of threads here on the VOY board have one thing in common, GRIPES about VOY.

I understand this is a bit early to ask but with the release of VOY on DVD coming soon, I want to get a large a sample as possible.

Do not feel you need to explain why you voted the way you did (Explanations optional) but please VOTE! Thanks!

Well, I voted no, but not because I think it's crap. I was just afraid Alterego would yell at me if I viewed the thread and didn't vote! :(

Really, though, I'm not planning on buying Voyager DVDs, because of all the Trek series, there are others that I would like to have over Voyager. I am getting TNG and DS9 and that's about all I can afford right now.

by all means yes, in my opinion it was rivaled by only tng... even so..if your content with soso quality there all on kazaa for free

I almost agree 100%, I remember many VOY episodes which knocked my socks off as stand alone episodes. The trouble is, well, this forum, look at all the threads with gripes about not minor things, Characters disappearing, Janeway’s love life (or lack of one), uniforms, the ease in which assimilated people got over such a thing as easily as a cold, having it too easy, Prime Directive, Cobalt devises, not enough ammo! I am sorry if I missed out on anyone’s gripe in this list but it was becoming a book! Still, I suppose if I want the Good episodes of VOY on DVD, I will have to take the warts too.

Oh People would Gripe about Voyager no matter what, IMO.

All The Shows have plenty of the things to Gripe about....Voyager just seems to be the only one that's most accepted to Gripe about, lol

I voted Yes the other day but hadn't posted a comment yet. I've seen enough of Voyager that I would buy the DVDs for the seasons. I'm still debating DS9 as I hadn't seen a lot of it but I probably will at some point.

Thanks for voting, I recommend DS9 as a must have (and I understand you gotta make sure it suits your personal tastes), what it boils down to for VOY and me buying them on DVD is determining the killer episode/wart episode ratio. :o

Thanks for voting, I recommend DS9 as a must have (and I understand you gotta make sure it suits your personal tastes), what it boils down to for VOY and me buying them on DVD is determining the killer episode/wart episode ratio.  :laugh:

In other words, you'll be buying them as soon as they are released! :o

Yes by all means!! It's my second favourite show on TV!! I can't wait for the DVDs to come out!!

I dont have a DVD player so I have to buy VHS. But sooner or later They wont even sell VHS anymore and well have to get one. So HA! :laugh:

Nooo! Don't buy VHS! Watch ENTERPRISE and re-runs of the other shows, save your money! Did you know that people say VHS will be obselete in like 5 years? Why spend hundreds of dollars on VHS when you can spend only $100 for a full season of Trek? COME ON MAN, UPGRADE! :bow:

by all means yes, in my opinion it was rivaled by only tng... even so..if your content with soso quality there all on kazaa for free

KaZaa is crappy due to the pop ups and spywear, get Ares for quality downloads :laugh: OMG I am sounding like an advertisment.

I dont have a DVD player so I have to buy VHS. But sooner or later They wont even sell VHS anymore and well have to get one. So HA! :laugh:

You may be doing the right thing by not buying a DVD player, right around the corner, there could be a new kid on the block, subscription services that allow you to buy features which you do not store at home. A cable box type of device would be attached to your TV and any movie (or anything) you have purchased, with a click of a button will be downloaded into the box for viewing whenever you wish without needing bookshelves of software all over the house. :bow: I like the idea.

You may be doing the right thing by not buying a DVD player, right around the corner, there could be a new kid on the block, subscription services that allow you to buy features which you do not store at home. A cable box type of device would be attached to your TV and any movie (or anything) you have purchased, with a click of a button will be downloaded into the box for viewing whenever you wish without needing bookshelves of software all over the house. :bow: I like the idea.

Except only rich people will be able to afford it. People like me probably won't be able to afford it for many years. If it's only like $200, I'll buy it. If it's more than that... for watching videos... that's just too expensive.

I want to buy it and hope the cost wont be too high  Hopefully in the near future buying DVD's will be cheap

I highly doubt the prices will go down any time soon.

I've never actually bought a Voyager tape, I just record them on blank tapes. It's good untill someone tapes over them. Anyways its not like I'd buy EVERY episode. I'd just get my favourites.

P.S: sooner or later episodes will be on microchips and you just play them on your computer. Like in Trek! In my opinion anyways.

Guest Ktrek

I voted yes but I don't agree with the full statement..."it's the best". VOY IMHO was a good show but not as good as DS9 or TNG. However, I am a Star Trek nut and I gotta have my Trek! So, I'm going to buy them. I am buying all Trek as it comes available on DVD. I really hope they release The Animated Series also. I'll buy Enterprise when it comes out on DVD as well.

Ktrek

KaZaa is crappy due to the pop ups and spywear, get Ares for quality downloads :laugh: OMG I am sounding like an advertisment.

More like an anti-advertisement. But it's true. When I got this new computer a few weeks ago, i didn't download kazaa for that reason...

It really depends on how much you enjoyed voyager. For instance I could not go without having TNG on dvd, I had to re-watch all eps..when I was done I felt better..however insane that sounds. In the end, its a good thing to have and watch over and over, but you have to reason weither its affordable.

I voted "still trying to make up my mind". Voyager isn't the best, but it's a decent show. I'll probably get the first couple of seasons at least. If I have any cash leftover, and have already bought DS9, that is.