Sign in to follow this  
justatrekluvr

Star Trek XI: Villians?

What villian or villians should be used in Star Trek: XI?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What villian or villians should be used in Star Trek: XI?

• Cardassians
    • Remans
    • Romulans
    • Q
    • Ferengi
    • New Villian

I wonder if they'll use the standard TOS Klingon look.

Doubtful, since they used the modern look in Enterprise.

THe new villian could be Q. He's showed up in every Trek series except TOS and Enterprise.

It's not doubtful Kor, the mutagen was unleashed near the end of ENT so TOS Klingon look could be used.

Which style Klingon used, (if the villains are Klingon at all) partially depends on wether the mutagen infected ALL Klingons or not. I don't believe it did infect them all. (:assimilated: Can anyone verify that one way or the other?) If not then either or perhaps even both styles could be shown.

It does not appear FG will be involved in the next film so... nothing against Q, I think seeing a Q in TOS era could add a fine continuity point between TOS and TNG but I'm hoping for a new villain, someone/thing which really tests the Humans of that time's resolve to survive. Something which creates controversy for them to deal with on the same or greater scale of things we face today.

Oh, and making it a trilogy wouldn't hurt imo.

I voted and hope for something new,be it a new alien race or end of the universe kinda plot i dont care as long as the bad guys ship doesnt look like the probe in TVH...LOL!!!... I agree with AE...a trilogy would be a great idea,if this film is going to be based upon a young kirk and spock then 1 film wont be enough imo...

Edited by hangon

The only downside about a trilogy is that it won't appeal to the non trek fan. True, Nemesis was geared towards that audience, but bad directing plagued that.

I never dreamed Pirates of the Caribbean would have a sequel and perhaps the new film could be set up similarly; have the first film be a self contained story with no apparent continuation necessary but have 1 or 2 sequels planned for in advance by foreshadowing in case it's a hit.

Just like POTC seemed to have ended with Black Pearl we know after the fact the potential for sequels had been built in, (the compass) from the start. That was an excellent bit of story designing imo and would love to see Trek handled in a simular fashion.

Q would be an interesting choice for a movie villain. And with his ability to completely tamper with just about everything you could even have portions from more than one Trek cast included (for those who want to see more of a crossover, I'm not really interested in that idea but I can truly see where it could actually work out.)

And yeah, time continuum tampering would be an idea for a portion of a plot line. As long as it is handled well by the writers.

Although having a new villain is also a good idea, even though it could equally be a bad idea as was seemingly apparent by people's reactions to "Nemesis". Cardassians might be an idea, except they were featured heavily (or least it seemed like it from reading stuff) on DS9.

Comparatively it seemed like the Q were used less than the Cardassians and might seem like a better candidate for a movie villain. The Borg were featured a LOT, but that happened primarily AFTER ST:FC.. so the same really could not be said of them.

Edited by Yillara_Skye

I voted and hope for something new,be it a new alien race or end of the universe kinda plot i dont care as long as the bad guys ship doesnt look like the probe in TVH...LOL!!!...

Just yesterday a kid came into the library, who needed information on why whales were important. The librarian who took the question was telling us about it in the workroom. I of course had to mention that without whales the earth was almost destroyed by an alien probe in Star Trek IV the Voyage Home! (I'm not sure his teacher would be thrilled with that answer! :laugh: )

I vote for new villians, but they need to be dangerous, and not annoying imo

lets have a happy go lucky movie. the best idea would have been what happens after the dominon war. you know getting Ds9 and Voy together. thats my two cents

I voted and hope for something new,be it a new alien race or end of the universe kinda plot i dont care as long as the bad guys ship doesnt look like the probe in TVH...LOL!!!...

Just yesterday a kid came into the library, who needed information on why whales were important. The librarian who took the question was telling us about it in the workroom. I of course had to mention that without whales the earth was almost destroyed by an alien probe in Star Trek IV the Voyage Home! (I'm not sure his teacher would be thrilled with that answer!

LMAO..good one :elephant: Reminds me of a southpark episode i saw where 2 guys make the gang belive a wh

ale can talk and needs help getting to the moon..:laugh:

I wouldn't mind seeing a new villain for the next movie. After all, they just did one with Romulans and Remans.

Let's hope they come up with something really evil.

Not the Klingons or any of the old villains we've seen dozens of times over the years. I don't care about two dimensional "heroes" and "villains". Here's an idea...how about actual well written three dimensional characters that help drive a compelling plot!!!

That's something you just don't see anymore now, is it? :dude:

I voted for cardassians, because they didn't appear in any movie before and they have a complex empire similarly to romulans.

I personally think a great villain for the movie would be Rogue Jem-Hadar. Imagine a jem'Hadar strain was created that didn't rely on ketracel-white. Soon enough you're gonna have a bunch of Rogue Jem'Hadar who didn't agree with the surrender order attacking alliance ships without any official response from the Dominion as a government.

Q is one of my favorite villaina (more of an anti-hero or reluctant hero really) but a specific villain character from anything we've seen so far just ain't gonna happen. It will be a new villain, perhaps from a pre-existing villain race but a new villain nonetheless.

Remember, this was not our father's Star Trek. I wish people would stop trying to turn back the clock and make it that way. Are we trying to chase off the new fans we so desperately need?