Sign in to follow this  
DrWho42

Trek a Few Thousand/Million Years Into The Future

Do you think it would be interesting to see a Trek portrated being a couple a centuries or millenia (or more) from the time of late-24th century?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it would be interesting to see a Trek portrated being a couple a centuries or millenia (or more) from the time of late-24th century?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends on whether it be television or movie...
    • That is too far out in time for me...
    • For A Fan Fiction/Comic/Animated Series...
    • Be Nice for a series of a possible alternate future Trek books.
    • Possibly for one of those "future" episodes of Trek...
    • ....Other....
    • No comment
    • Would humans still be around?

Just an idea, and I doubt I am the only one who has thought about it...

What if there was a Trek series about the future a few million or thousand years into the future? I'd think it be interesting, although it depends on how it is depicted...

Whether it be more advanced, or society goes backwards in technology...

Maybe it's a bit too far-flung into the future, but it is an interesting concept... :cool1:

lastresort.jpg42.gif

Hm, interesting suggestion... though it would be way too far in the future for me :)

It sounds interesting, but I believe I am addicted to the 24th century. :lol:

^_^ Will humans still be human as we know it in a several of your years?

...Then again, they might become either an extinct or endangered species... :dude:

I guess depends on how the far-flung future is depicted. :cool1:

lastresort.jpg42.gif

Edited by drwho42

Other: a combination of Would humans still be around? and Depends on whether it be television or movie...

I'd like to see a Trek series set in the 25th or 26th century. A thousand years or more would be good for a "time travel" episode, though.

BTW Mrs.Picard - LOVE your new avatar! :)

Maybe it would be like the time machine. I hope not. In a couple of million years we could be Q like. Will our sun last a few more million years? Good question doc. Where were we lets say 2000 years ago. Our bodies havn't changed since then so there goes the evolution theory. Hmm My best guess is we'll probably destroy the planet before we ever get a chance too find out. <_< That or the rapture will happen before then. :rolleyes:

Edited by Airies

Would you Humans still be around. Im sure the Romulan Empire would of destroyed you by then.

248349[/snapback]

^So true!

I find portrayals of a world that far in the future are always just plain stupid. Generally people either make it not advanced enough or do some idiotic evolution thing (I am very anti-evolution). Wait a few millienia, or time travel, and see what happens!

Maybe it would be like the time machine. I hope not. In a couple of million years we could be Q like. Will our sun last a few more million years? Good question doc. Where were we lets say 2000 years ago. Our bodies havn't changed since then so there goes the evolution theory. Hmm My best guess is we'll probably destroy the planet before we ever get a chance too find out. :)  That or the rapture will happen before then. :laugh:

265591[/snapback]

:) Those Morlocks and those Eloi... Ah, the good ol' year of 802,701... *nostalgia settles in*

The sun has some billion years until it dies out, or goes into another phase of it's stellar evolution... I remember they said it would end its days as a white dwarf.

Assuming something doesn't intervene to quicken or slow down it's growth....

Maybe we won't get to see the millenias ahead of our time (assuming they will not journey back through time, and make themselves seen to the general public... :) ), but then other species might take our place.. Assuming those humans won't discover the secret of immortality...

lastresort.jpgpost-812-1095586641.gif

I think the next step in a Trek show should be some time between the 27th to the 31st centuries. At this point the Federation (as established in both Voyager and Enterprise) now has time travel and can go into the past and potentially the future. The next evolution in faster than light travel in the Trek universe appears to be either slip-stream or trans-warp conduits, which would open up regular travel through the galaxy and alow for much greater exploration. Also with the ability to go into the past you could have various guest stars from any version of Star Trek.