Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Halloween Banner Contest

It's getting to be that time of year again and Halloween will be here in October.

We're going to be having a Halloween Banner contest like our Holiday Banner contest from last winter.

I know, that's almost 3 months away but I wanted to give everyone a lot of time to think about what they want to make (if anything).

Take your time, there's no rush with this much time. When you do have it ready you can either PM it to me (you can now upload attachments in PM's) or you can post it here in this thread.

For the week before Halloween the banner rotation will only include Halloween Banners made by you.

Here's the banner Takara made for us last year, this might give you some ideas.

Click For Spoiler

I love halloween :dude: and those banners are looking good i wish i could do stuff like that :bow: ..skullvanish.jpg

Edited by hangon

Here is my entry!!!

249199[/snapback]

That scared the heck out of me... :dude:

Seoncd thoughts, heres my banner - I know its a bit rubbishy - But I like it :naughty::nono2:

264813[/snapback]

I think it looks great!

It's too large to be used as one of the board's banners but like I said, it looks great.

Thanks :-) What size do they have to be? cause I could change the size of it

265256[/snapback]

Here's an example from last year's Christmas banners, the requirements for a board banner are that they have to be the same size as the boards banners, the board name STARTREKFANS.NET has to be prominent in the banner (Because it's going to be a board banner) and they have to be in the same format in terms of background color and font style. You can include your name on the banner but STARTREKFANS.NET the largest text on it.

The reason for the size and text requirements is because when they are set as board banners they will be the thing that tells everyone that they are at STARTREKFANS.NET.

I believe the one below was the winner of the Christmas holiday season from last year.

Click For Spoiler

You also said that people could PM you their banners. Have you gotten many? (you don't have to answer, if privacy reasons)

Well here's mine. I might make another one though. I just downloaded a banner making program and so far I'm not that good.

post-1529-1097121355_thumb.jpg

ok its still not god but here it is:

But mine needs to be bigger.

post-1529-1097121975_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cougar

Here's one from me although I might make another one instead later.

I just modified this a little to add the glow around the four pictures. I didn't think the cowboy hats were that visible on the two at the ends.

Edited by Takara_Soong

Nice one Takara..VBG looks good in there...

How is everybody else coming with their banners? We need more banners for the contest..In case anyone thinks you need a special program..You actually don't !..In fact I made mine in 'paint'..It's just a matter of getting the size of the banner and moving pics and text into it..I use the 'paste from' command in the 'edit' menu to import pics that are on my hard drive..And in paint you can resize them as you want..

Good Luck and have fun.. :angry: