Sign in to follow this  
nemesis59

Do you think Spock should have been in Nemesis?

Do you think Spock should have been in Nemesis?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Spock should have been in Nemesis?

• yes
    • no
    • don't care

I voted yes, it would have fit into the story well. But he probably would have ended up on the cutting room floor, like so many others did.

I voted no as the story had nothing to do with Vulcan/Romulan reunification. However, I think Sela would have worked in the place of Donatra quite nicely! Was Donatra featured on TNG or was she new? I've seen about 2/3 of TNG. Thank goodness for season sets! :laugh: Now I can view my favorite series from beginning to end. :dude:

I think he should have been worked in, simply because Spock was on Romulus, but the fact is Nimoy said he would never do Spock again so unless they paid him $ 20 million he probably won't do it. :laugh:

The next time we see a movie featurring the Romulans... Does anyone think Spock... ahem, Leanord Nimoy would be willing to don Vulcan ears and robes once more for a short cameo, like the one Janeway had in NEMESIS only a tad longer? I know he's retired and all, but what's 5 mins gonna do? :laugh:

Well, to tell you how I voted, I'm going to quote the immortal words of Stone Cold Steve Austin:

"Gimme a hell yeah!!!"

I voted yes although I think the movie was fine without him...I just think it would have been nice for Spock to see (or even over-see) them beginning to make peace or whatever. Besides, he showed how committed he was in Unification, and they don't even mention him!!

I voted no, 1. he has retired from acting, but other than that there really wasn't a place for him in the movie, unless they wanted him in just becausethe last time we saw him was with the unification group on Romulas, but that would have been well off the plot line of Nemesis. Though I do agree there needs to be some closer with the Spock character, that closer coming wouldn't have made sense to me.

I voted no. If there were a TNG movie sequel revolving around the Romulans and possibly a Romulan civil war then Spock's appearance would be great. Sela could be worked in that way too.

I voted yes, I want to see the effects of the changing goverment in spock's resistance group.

...but that had nothing to do with the movie! :o

Ok fine I just want to see Spock in another movie so sue me :laugh:

I voted yes, I want to see the effects of the changing goverment in spock's resistance group.

...but that had nothing to do with the movie! :o

Ok fine I just want to see Spock in another movie so sue me :laugh:

Like I've said before, if the next movie deals with Romulans heavilly, Spock should make an appearance! Since Leanord Nimoy is retired from acting... maybe he could settle for a 5-min cameo?

I voted yes. With spock being on Romulus he would have probably had some valuable information to share, but on the other hand he would have risked exposing himself if he were in the movie.

Absolutely.

Not having Spock was a wasted opportunity. His appearances on TNG were the perfect set-up for him to have played a major role in the reunification (possibly) of Vulcan and Romulus, cementing his legacy in Galactic history forever.

:look:

i voted yes, Spock was my favourite person in TOS, and probably the most popular overall, not only because the humour that sometimes revolves around him, but his attitude and the personality he shows in the series and the films are great, i would like it a lot better with Spock, the main reason why TOS is my favourite lol :P

Yes.

And the entire Shinzon plotline should have gone away. A movie with Spock about reunification with Sela as the bad guy would have been the smartest and best thing for them to do.

Yes.

And the entire Shinzon plotline should have gone away. A movie with Spock about reunification with Sela as the bad guy would have been the smartest and best thing for them to do.

I agree that Nemesis should have been about Spock and the reunification. However, I disagree about Sela. She was the most ridiculous and unbelievable character that ever came out of TNG.

The script in Nemesis was so bad that it should never have been shot. Riker and Deanna married? I don't think so. Data dead? Too much like the death of Spock Wrath of Khan. I see little of Star Trek in Nemesis and far too much of George Lucas for my taste. A $75,000,000 waste of time from opening to closing credits (and it earned less then $50 million at the box office).