Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

~ How I'm Handling This Change ~

Since yesterday there have been alot of changes in here. I wasn't expecting all this. In the chatroom last night we were all talking about this. :tribble: The old, familiar setting we were all used to is gone. :look: The comfortable feeling I know I had is replaced now with some confusion. I see alot of changes in the way things are defined too. I think they are for the better and I feel like I was a part of some of these changes. We are all learning in here. I know over the past 8 months I have had the most fun I've ever had in my life. Getting to know everyone and myself alot better. I think I've learned how to behave myself :laugh: I've come to think of you all as my friends and some even closer friends. I feel like this is a major turning point for the site. I hope we continue to grow and have fun together. I hope I continue to learn in here and enjoy all you people as much as I have so far. Love you guys :tear:

I'm adapting :tribble: NOW. I noticed our Signatures show up more than once on a page, I wonder if that was intentional??? :laugh:

I think that VBG hasn't loaded that program to let it show only once per page.

I'm adapting :biggrin: NOW. I noticed our Signatures show up more than once on a page, I wonder if that was intentional??? :laugh:

247338[/snapback]

I think that VBG hasn't loaded that program to let it show only once per page.

247392[/snapback]

As long as member sigs don't begin to grow to ludicrous sizes it may stay the way it is but don't quote me on that.

I'm adapting nicely, I still click the wrong buttons for quoting once in a while but at least I haven't deleted any posts by accident. All told, the pros of this upgrade far surpasses the cons and when all the bugs are beaten down it'll be better than ever. I'm pleased with it.

I thought I had mis-placed Stf.net in my favourites and was at a 'pretender' site..till I saw that Alterego was the top poster ( at the time) and I knew everything was A-1.

<--- is adapting as well

I like the new board :laugh:

It took me a while to get used to it, but I begin to like it more with each passing second :biggrin:

I'm amazed how quickly I've gotten used to it. It feels like it's always been this way. :biggrin:

The new look appears more efficient, although there are still certain things that do not work yet...

I am adjusting to the new changes, some of them I like and I look forward to when they'll bring back certain things like Spoilers and the Photo Gallery. :biggrin:

lastresort.jpg42.gif

The new look appears more efficient, although there are still certain things that do not work yet...

I am adjusting to the new changes, some of them I like and I look forward to when they'll bring back certain things like Spoilers and the Photo Gallery. :biggrin:

lastresort.jpg42.gif

247467[/snapback]

The Spoilers work.

Click For Spoiler

Im adapting nicly now im getting used to it. The one thing i would change is when i click on chat it opens in the same window is there anyway to make it so it has its own like last time?

Im adapting nicly now im getting used to it. The one thing i would change is when i click on chat it opens in the same window is there anyway to make it so it has its own like last time?

247968[/snapback]

Ok, the Chat Link now opens in a new window.

I am adjusting to the new changes, some of them I like and I look forward to when they'll bring back certain things like Spoilers and the Photo Gallery. :lol:

lastresort.jpg42.gif

247467[/snapback]

The Gallery is now working again as well.

Eh. I've been an avid poster here for what, 3 months now? I never thought everything would change (not everything has changed) but alot of things are different. Plus there are alot of little improvements. I'm still seeing new things every day. It will take a while for me to get used to.

Thanks for putting the live chat in its own window. Oh and do you now why it logs me in automaticly now? i clicked on live chat and i went straight in without having to log in or anything.

Thanks for putting the live chat in its own window. Oh and do you now why it logs me in automaticly now? i clicked on live chat and i went straight in without having to log in or anything.

248268[/snapback]

That happens because you are already logged into the board so the chat room reads your login cookie and puts you right into the chat room. If you weren't logged into the board then it would prompt you to log into the chat room.

yeah this is different, but cool. im not on enough to really see all the differences yet, but once i get my computer back, and all that ill be able to get used to this. but its cool.

I am still a bit disoriented, but I am getting used to it. I am clumsy with technology, so it always takes me a little longer to adapt to changes. But I am all for the new improvements! It makes for better communication!

I am getting along fine with the upgrade infact i feel like a big kid in a candy store :thumbup:

The new 'Quote' feature has me a bit nervous. If you click on the new one do you go right to reply? Or does it wait til you click on the old one?

i like the new style. Looks super cool with stars every where and the best thing here is that they dont discriminate against anyone for being "different" (homosexual) like some other sites do. But I think those site just have a lack of Imagination and consider themselves an Island unto themselves.

i lurk here all the time though and love it here even though I don't post much, in fact I rarely even log in I just lurk as a guest and read.

great work on the site

I still have to learn how 1 or 2 things work but hang will show me that,as for the rest i like the new features and the back ground :laugh:

I am now officaly used to this change, at first i wasnt sure about if i liked it or not but once i had gotten used ot it and started to find my way around i relised just how easy it is :laugh:

There are two "Forums" on the Homepage. The one on the left always works, the one on the right, I have alot of trouble with, why is that?

There are two "Forums" on the Homepage. The one on the left always works, the one on the right, I have alot of trouble with, why is that?

251326[/snapback]

You have to explain what you mean by "trouble"

I click on it then wait, nothing happens. So I click on it again, twice then wait some more then nothing, so then I just click on the left one. It just doesn't work for me, I don't know why.

Also VBG, RPG's are still closed. They were supposed to be opened up today. Why do we have to wait so long??? August 15th is TODAY :blink:

Edited by Jeanway