Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

What Credentials do a Scientist Make?

I actually thought of entitling this - my time to whine. I understand VABeach guy's reason for closing down the previous topic and I wont address that "issue"; however I was in the middle of a response when he did it.

The original poster offered a thread requesting scientific analysis. When I responded to what I thought was a genuine request - I received what came across as a condescending pat on the head. I never once suggested that persons engaging in said "closed topic" were not capable of performing any job or entitled to have it. I was offering a scientific analysis of evolution.

And I do have some credentials for science if not a ph.d.

I define science as the search for truth so in that sense at least I am a scientist because I look for truth in this world - I don't always find it and sometimes when I do find it - it isn't what I expected. There are issues I actually refuse to take a stand on because I can't find either side's arguments more persuasive - I leave them "open." I have been persuaded by other people's arguments - that's why I enjoy reading the posts on this board.

edited to make shorter

I actually wasn't the one that closed the topic, it was closed when I posted on it why it was closed.

I am confused about one thing posted here, and it may just be that I've forgotten... but you said:

I also graduated from law school - (so I'll never concede VA Beach guy's argument on the 500+ posts)

What was it I said about 500+ posts?

It was about your bet with Amy. By the way you worded your post I say she was right. you included the words "person b will reach" which implies person b's efforts are part of the bet - The point is law school graduates never concede an argument

It was about your bet with Amy.  By the way you worded your post I say she was right. you included the words "person b will reach" which implies person b's efforts are part of the bet -  The point is law school graduates never concede an argument

Oh ok... lol the way it was worded here on the board is completely different from the way the conversation went in reality. It was more along the lines of "I bet your post count reaches 500+" and she said something along the lines of "Finally I can win one with you... I'll just stop posting!" It was all brought about because I told her I was posting a promotion for someone that posted 500+ posts, she said something like "my post count will never get that high" and the rest is history. Her post count did reach 500+ for a few moments lol but that whole thing was more of an "inside joke, practicle joke" kind of thing. Similar things have taken place many times over the past 4 years. LOL

I understand VABeach guy's reason for closing down the previous topic and I wont address that "issue"; however I was in the middle of a response when he did it.

It was I who initially closed it without explanation. I was receiving complaints about it, the Mod of that board was not online so I took decisive action and closed it.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.