Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Time to turn in the fan membership?

I"ve been thinking about this throughout the week. I was a serious trekkie from day one (Sept 8, 1966). I was beyond ecstatic when TNG premiered and while DS9 wasn't my favorite in retrospect I believe they had some of the best writing and most complex plots. I was a little put off by the "prophets" and the lengthy war but I have enjoyed reviewing old episodes on Spike.

When people made fun of me for being a trekkie I took it to heart and tried to explain. Star Trek wasn't a show about wierd looking aliens. It was about being the best humanity could strive for - it was about people living lives commited to principle. It was about people that loved science and sought out the wonder of the universe. It was as a guest character described Mr. Paris "you're different than other guys, you care about something other than your own little life".

But Star Trek has changed, there is no "one way" that it "should" be - and change is a part of life. However, it no longer contains the essence of what endeared it to me. So while it may now be more appealing to newer audiences it has managed to lose me altogether. Oddly, I don't feel as sad about that as I thought I might. I'll still love TOS and its wonder and ideals. But ENT is obviously a show designed for a different demographic than myself. And the plans for movie 11 sound even more distant - a movie about a bunch of college kids definitely sounds designed for younger viewers.

Naa, U.H., your just having a bad day. :bow: Things will look brighter in the morning. We all feel that way once in a while about Enterprise. I just look at it as an "Evolution" and you just have to roll with it. Things change and whose to say there aren't better things in store for us in the future, things we haven't even dreamed of yet, and neither have the writers? I think Archer will become a much better Captain. The writers certainly can't keep going in this direction. They'll lose alot of fans. They just need to find Archer's softer side. He is a bit of a hardnose, isn't he? :bow:

Edited by Jeanway

I've been evolving along with Trek forever so I doubt the directions Trek is now taking will be enough to make me turn in my card.

ENT is different but it's not terrible, imo the worst thing TPTB have done is continually change it's directions to placate the bashers; I don't like all the fixes it's suffered but I'm sticking with it to the end. The original plan probably would have worked out fine but they caved to the crybabies and the closed minded.

TPTB? What is that AE? I think the whole Star Trek Spirit is that of an Open Mind. Gene Roddenberry certainly had one. And one of Vision and things beyond our understanding. And opening our arms and embracing differences. :bow: A closed minded Roddenberry would never have come up with the concept of Star Trek.

Why turn away from Star Trek just because you dont like the current series? That happens, there were people that didn't like TNG, DS9 and Voyager also. TNG was a "cheap rip off living on past glory" to some. DS9 was "too dark and outside of the Roddenberry vision" of what Star Trek should be and Voyager was just "PC" because it had a woman captain. Most of those people that said those things about those shows changed their minds by the time the 7th seasons rolled around and Enterprise may do the same for you.

Hang in there and wait for the finnished product, then judge it as a whole and see how it stacks up. You still may not care for it and that's ok but if you enjoyed the other 4 series then 4 out of 5 ain't a bad average.

TPTB? What is that AE? I think the whole Star Trek Spirit is that of an Open Mind. Gene Roddenberry certainly had one. And one of Vision and things beyond our understanding. And opening our arms and embracing differences. :bow: A closed minded Roddenberry would never have come up with the concept of Star Trek.

The Powers That be-TPTB.

I've liked Star Trek since the first time I saw it. I saw a rerun of the Eppisode "The Trouble With Tribbles" when I was 4. I was about the same age (1987, if I remember correctly) when TNG premiered. I was glad to see more trek, though to a 4 or 5 year old, even TOS, which premiered about the time my parents were alittle older than me, was still new to me. and while Enterprise doesn't get me going the same as TOS, TNG, and DS9 did, it is still trek, and it has some good stories. I like it alot. and Voyager was cool, too.

I've never been able to really get into Enterprise (perhaps you've heard of my abhorrence of PREQUELS ... I've been quite vocal on that topic). However, I love the original cast movies, I'm not so nuts about TOS, I love TNG, I'm not so nuts about the TNG movies (except for First Contact), I loved DS9 and the relaunch books about that series. We also watched Voyager and liked it a lot ...

I guess my point is that there is so much Trek out there for just about every taste that there's no need for anyone to feel left out. I can't imagine what it would take for me to turn in my fan membership ... there's always more good Trek coming even if you don't like what's out there right now.

I liked Star trek when I first glimpsed it but ENT doesn't taste my fits. I would like them to put back the optimism in the future. I see that in how the episodes do reflect the current events. I see it as a parallel to life. That keeps me awake in Trek.

Do they sell "Star Trek Fan" membership cards? If so, I'd buy one. Even a lifetime membership if I could afford it. LOL! Personally, I'm more the "old school" Star Trek - TOS - but I like the newer stuff, especially Enterprise. I can't wait for the new season to begin!! And for that matter, NFL football too! GO VIKINGS!

I do have to agree with you to some degree enterprise is not what I would have picked for a new show(I don't like prequiles ether). But don't give up I am shure that enterprise will get better with the new writers and even if it does not as long as trek makes money their will be new trek.

Do they sell "Star Trek Fan" membership cards?  If so, I'd buy one.  Even a lifetime membership if I could afford it. LOL!  Personally, I'm more the "old school" Star Trek - TOS - but I like the newer stuff, especially Enterprise.  I can't wait for the new season to begin!! And for that matter, NFL football too!  GO VIKINGS!

they're's always the official star trek fan club you can join.

I"ve been thinking about this throughout the week.  I was a serious trekkie from day one (Sept 8, 1966).  I was beyond ecstatic when TNG premiered and while DS9 wasn't my favorite in retrospect I believe they had some of the best writing and most complex plots.  I was a little put off by the "prophets" and the lengthy war but I have enjoyed reviewing old episodes on Spike.

When people made fun of me for being a trekkie I took it to heart and tried to explain.  Star Trek wasn't a show about wierd looking aliens.  It was about being the best humanity could strive for - it was about people living lives commited to principle.  It was about people that loved science and sought out the wonder of the universe.  It was as a guest character described Mr. Paris "you're different than other guys, you care about something other than your own little life".

But Star Trek has changed, there is no "one way" that it "should" be - and change is a part of life.  However, it no longer contains the essence of what endeared it to me.  So while it may now be more appealing to newer audiences it has managed to lose me altogether.  Oddly, I don't feel as sad about that as I thought I might.  I'll still love TOS and its wonder and ideals. But ENT is obviously a show designed for a different demographic than myself.  And the plans for movie 11 sound even more distant  - a movie about a bunch of college kids definitely sounds designed for younger viewers.

I've had some of the same thoughts. I"ve been a fan since 1986 and my enthusiasm for the whole franchise is at a low ebb right now. Maybe my tastes have changed or perhaps I dont quite believe in Roddenberry's vision of a great future? It's a nice vision but is it a pratical one? Enterprise is really a victim of it's time. TV has changed a bit since the debut of STNG and I dont think it's for the best. I think ENT still has promise but I think (I know many disagree) that certain technical/continuity gaffs and certian plotlines (T'pol and Trip) have turned a lot of old time fans off. I'm still watching and hoping but my attraction to Star Trek is not what it was in the late 80's.

I have also been a fan of Star Trek since TOS began. I have been disappointed with some of the choices made by writers this season, and impressed by others. I still do not like the failure to use Mayweather in any significant way, and am not a fan of the Trip/T'pol thing.

Overall I find that I feel ENT is enough trek-like to hold my interest.

But this Manny Coto is committed to trying to restore a bit of the feeling of TOS. He is a fan of the original series. I willing to give him a chance to pull things together. But I think AE makes an excellent point about Enterprise woes being largely tied to trying to appease the bashers.

I'm not quite ready to give up. I think it's still Trek.

Sometimes a similar thought crosses my mind. Maybe enough is enough. Maybe this has gone on long enough. Maybe I've tortured my family enough with my fanaticism. Maybe I should just walk away. Especially since I've been watching so much Stargate lately. But how can I walk away? Star Trek is so much a part of me now it would almost have to be surgically removed. I've taken so much away from it and even if the newest incarnation isn't exactly targeted at my demographic, I find I can still take more away from it. Even if it's only enjoyment and the ability to pick out references and a temporary escape. So I take what I want and leave the rest. Besides, I keep thinking of the 117th Rule of Acquisition - "You can't free a fish from water."

I don't think I can stop being a Star Trek fan. I have been a fan almost all of my life. It is almost like asking me to stop eating chocolate, which is impossible. I hope that Star Trek will go back to quality that I have come to expect from the show.

Edited by Odie

I havent really seen Ent that much because its on at the wrong time and TOS because thats hardly ever shown in the UK and when it is i miss it. However i do like all the other searies and think theres enough variety to suit everyone.

I still consider myself a very new Trek fan, despite having been obsessed with it for almost a year. I find that I am still too easily influenced. My family disapproves of my obsession and though I do not care one bit what they think, they still influence me. Also, I have been unable to watch Trek for a long, long time (it did not come on in France) and I find myself getting more and more imersed in other things. Sometimes I worry that I no longer care for Trek. Yet, it all always comes back to me when I crack open the next Trek book or sit down to watch an episode. Hmmm, I need to find out when it comes on here in Kansas... I could never give of my love of Trek, no matter how far I get from it. And also, though I have indeed noted the OOC-Trekiness (how else should I put that?) in ENT, I still like it. It will never be my favorite, but it is still Star Trek. And I love every bit of Trek.

Trek has been split for a long time. It obviously seems like UPN is going for a Kid demographic, which is why I am having a hard time with ENT and the final few seasons of Voyager. In retrospect, I love TNG and DS9, and like Star Trek because they were written for a mature audience and I guess I'm in that group. If they continue lowering the maturity of trek, I will not watch out of disinterest. That doesn't mean I'm no longer a trek fan.

I guess my own opinion is that Trekkie's became fans for different reasons. Since I have always walked to the tune of a different drummer, I've not tried to defend my Star Trek interest. I think many of us here are endeared to different series. TOS got me going. But for me it was more about the fact that for the first time on any TV show I'd ever watched; there were people of all ethnicities, nationalities, respecting each other and living and working together; as we were not doing here on earth......There was no prejudice and discrimination on the Enterprise.........That was the essence of what began my love for Star Trek......after a time I got into the characters, their personalities, the aliens, episode plots, etc.....But for me, all of that came much later.

I was really upset when TOS was replaced with TNG, and didn't give it a chance at all. When DSN was introduced, I didn't bother to watch it either........It was Voyager with it's female captain and her crew that brought me back to Star Trek, And then it was because of the characters, their struggles, issues, and the way they were forced to handle their crisis while being lost in space. (I guess it appealed to the therapist side of me :unsure: ) Voyager forced me to take a look at reruns of TNG and DSN. But no matter how I tried, I could never get anything out of DSN.

At any rate my point is, endearment to Star Trek is such an individual matter. And I personally I am one who does not enjoy Enterprise either. Each new season I've tried to give it a chance.......and I've decided that just like DSN........Enterprise just won't happen for me.........Still, as I will never let go of my love for TOS, Voyager or TNG. And I will be a Trekkie as long as there's room to be endeared for different reasons. I hope that the next Star Trek series will offer more that interests me. Until that time, I'll just be waiting, reviewing my recorded Voyager Tapes, watching reruns of TNG, and posting here with all of the different Trekkies throughout the world. :bow:

[quote=TheUnicornHunter,Aug 5 2004, 12:21 PM}But Star Trek has changed, there is no "one way" that it "should" be - and change is a part of life.  However, it no longer contains the essence of what endeared it to me.  So while it may now be more appealing to newer audiences it has managed to lose me altogether.  Oddly, I don't feel as sad about that as I thought I might.  I'll still love TOS and its wonder and ideals. But ENT is obviously a show designed for a different demographic than myself.  And the plans for movie 11 sound even more distant  - a movie about a bunch of college kids definitely sounds designed for younger viewers. {quote}

Edited by Gotabite

Believe it or not, I grew up with watching TNG and TOS not knowing what it actually was. When I was young, I danced to the Star Trekkin' song every disco we went on holiday. It was only till just that I realised, I'm a Trekkie...So that's what everyone was doing!!! *Refers to the Hand Sign* I know little about star trek so I can't say I'm obsessed with Knowledge. All the series are great, but Enterprise is (I'm trying to say lots of words but I can't), it really takes the mick out of Star Trek, really. It's utter rubbish. I watched it twice and both times I have fell asleep on the sofa within the first 10 minutes. It is ruining our repitition as Trekkies and Trekkers. When I think of Trek I think of Spock. Enterprise is too realistic and it really affects the younger/newer audience. Still, we should remain strong and Trekkie.

*Sighs relief after getting her opinion out*

I appolise deeply for fans if I offended you :P :P

It's utter rubbish. I watched it twice and both times I have fell asleep on the sofa within the first 10 minutes.

311994[/snapback]

You watched 2 whole episodes before declaring Enterprise rubbish? I would think that perhaps a few more viewings would be required before making such a declaration. Have you seen any of the episodes from this season? There is still time. Give it a try and see if you don't change your mind.

I at least watched 5 episodes of the new Battlestar:Galactica before I declared it rubbish.

I"ve been thinking about this throughout the week. I was a serious trekkie from day one (Sept 8, 1966). I was beyond ecstatic when TNG premiered and while DS9 wasn't my favorite in retrospect I believe they had some of the best writing and most complex plots. I was a little put off by the "prophets" and the lengthy war but I have enjoyed reviewing old episodes on Spike.

When people made fun of me for being a trekkie I took it to heart and tried to explain. Star Trek wasn't a show about wierd looking aliens. It was about being the best humanity could strive for - it was about people living lives commited to principle. It was about people that loved science and sought out the wonder of the universe. It was as a guest character described Mr. Paris "you're different than other guys, you care about something other than your own little life".

But Star Trek has changed, there is no "one way" that it "should" be - and change is a part of life. However, it no longer contains the essence of what endeared it to me. So while it may now be more appealing to newer audiences it has managed to lose me altogether. Oddly, I don't feel as sad about that as I thought I might. I'll still love TOS and its wonder and ideals. But ENT is obviously a show designed for a different demographic than myself. And the plans for movie 11 sound even more distant - a movie about a bunch of college kids definitely sounds designed for younger viewers.

246116[/snapback]

Naa, U.H., your just having a bad day. :P Things will look brighter in the morning. We all feel that way once in a while about Enterprise. I just look at it as an "Evolution" and you just have to roll with it. Things change and whose to say there aren't better things in store for us in the future, things we haven't even dreamed of yet, and neither have the writers? I think Archer will become a much better Captain. The writers certainly can't keep going in this direction. They'll lose alot of fans. They just need to find Archer's softer side. He is a bit of a hardnose, isn't he? :P

246124[/snapback]

I've been evolving along with Trek forever so I doubt the directions Trek is now taking will be enough to make me turn in my card.

ENT is different but it's not terrible, imo the worst thing TPTB have done is continually change it's directions to placate the bashers; I don't like all the fixes it's suffered but I'm sticking with it to the end. The original plan probably would have worked out fine but they caved to the crybabies and the closed minded.

246134[/snapback]

TPTB? What is that AE? I think the whole Star Trek Spirit is that of an Open Mind. Gene Roddenberry certainly had one. And one of Vision and things beyond our understanding. And opening our arms and embracing differences. :P A closed minded Roddenberry would never have come up with the concept of Star Trek.

246138[/snapback]

Why turn away from Star Trek just because you dont like the current series? That happens, there were people that didn't like TNG, DS9 and Voyager also. TNG was a "cheap rip off living on past glory" to some. DS9 was "too dark and outside of the Roddenberry vision" of what Star Trek should be and Voyager was just "PC" because it had a woman captain. Most of those people that said those things about those shows changed their minds by the time the 7th seasons rolled around and Enterprise may do the same for you.

Hang in there and wait for the finnished product, then judge it as a whole and see how it stacks up. You still may not care for it and that's ok but if you enjoyed the other 4 series then 4 out of 5 ain't a bad average.

246153[/snapback]

TPTB? What is that AE? I think the whole Star Trek Spirit is that of an Open Mind. Gene Roddenberry certainly had one. And one of Vision and things beyond our understanding. And opening our arms and embracing differences. :o A closed minded Roddenberry would never have come up with the concept of Star Trek.

The Powers That be-TPTB.

246168[/snapback]

I've liked Star Trek since the first time I saw it. I saw a rerun of the Eppisode "The Trouble With Tribbles" when I was 4. I was about the same age (1987, if I remember correctly) when TNG premiered. I was glad to see more trek, though to a 4 or 5 year old, even TOS, which premiered about the time my parents were alittle older than me, was still new to me. and while Enterprise doesn't get me going the same as TOS, TNG, and DS9 did, it is still trek, and it has some good stories. I like it alot. and Voyager was cool, too.

246170[/snapback]

I've never been able to really get into Enterprise (perhaps you've heard of my abhorrence of PREQUELS ... I've been quite vocal on that topic). However, I love the original cast movies, I'm not so nuts about TOS, I love TNG, I'm not so nuts about the TNG movies (except for First Contact), I loved DS9 and the relaunch books about that series. We also watched Voyager and liked it a lot ...

I guess my point is that there is so much Trek out there for just about every taste that there's no need for anyone to feel left out. I can't imagine what it would take for me to turn in my fan membership ... there's always more good Trek coming even if you don't like what's out there right now.

246249[/snapback]

I liked Star trek when I first glimpsed it but ENT doesn't taste my fits. I would like them to put back the optimism in the future. I see that in how the episodes do reflect the current events. I see it as a parallel to life. That keeps me awake in Trek.

246309[/snapback]

Do they sell "Star Trek Fan" membership cards? If so, I'd buy one. Even a lifetime membership if I could afford it. LOL! Personally, I'm more the "old school" Star Trek - TOS - but I like the newer stuff, especially Enterprise. I can't wait for the new season to begin!! And for that matter, NFL football too! GO VIKINGS!

246324[/snapback]

I do have to agree with you to some degree enterprise is not what I would have picked for a new show(I don't like prequiles ether). But don't give up I am shure that enterprise will get better with the new writers and even if it does not as long as trek makes money their will be new trek.

246326[/snapback]

Do they sell "Star Trek Fan" membership cards?  If so, I'd buy one.  Even a lifetime membership if I could afford it. LOL!  Personally, I'm more the "old school" Star Trek - TOS - but I like the newer stuff, especially Enterprise.  I can't wait for the new season to begin!!   And for that matter, NFL football too!  GO VIKINGS!

they're's always the official star trek fan club you can join.

246327[/snapback]

I"ve been thinking about this throughout the week.  I was a serious trekkie from day one (Sept 8, 1966).  I was beyond ecstatic when TNG premiered and while DS9 wasn't my favorite in retrospect I believe they had some of the best writing and most complex plots.  I was a little put off by the "prophets" and the lengthy war but I have enjoyed reviewing old episodes on Spike.

When people made fun of me for being a trekkie I took it to heart and tried to explain.  Star Trek wasn't a show about wierd looking aliens.  It was about being the best humanity could strive for - it was about people living lives commited to principle.  It was about people that loved science and sought out the wonder of the universe.  It was as a guest character described Mr. Paris "you're different than other guys, you care about something other than your own little life".

But Star Trek has changed, there is no "one way" that it "should" be - and change is a part of life.  However, it no longer contains the essence of what endeared it to me.  So while it may now be more appealing to newer audiences it has managed to lose me altogether.  Oddly, I don't feel as sad about that as I thought I might.  I'll still love TOS and its wonder and ideals. But ENT is obviously a show designed for a different demographic than myself.  And the plans for movie 11 sound even more distant  - a movie about a bunch of college kids definitely sounds designed for younger viewers.

I've had some of the same thoughts. I"ve been a fan since 1986 and my enthusiasm for the whole franchise is at a low ebb right now. Maybe my tastes have changed or perhaps I dont quite believe in Roddenberry's vision of a great future? It's a nice vision but is it a pratical one? Enterprise is really a victim of it's time. TV has changed a bit since the debut of STNG and I dont think it's for the best. I think ENT still has promise but I think (I know many disagree) that certain technical/continuity gaffs and certian plotlines (T'pol and Trip) have turned a lot of old time fans off. I'm still watching and hoping but my attraction to Star Trek is not what it was in the late 80's.

246493[/snapback]

I have also been a fan of Star Trek since TOS began. I have been disappointed with some of the choices made by writers this season, and impressed by others. I still do not like the failure to use Mayweather in any significant way, and am not a fan of the Trip/T'pol thing.

Overall I find that I feel ENT is enough trek-like to hold my interest.

But this Manny Coto is committed to trying to restore a bit of the feeling of TOS. He is a fan of the original series. I willing to give him a chance to pull things together. But I think AE makes an excellent point about Enterprise woes being largely tied to trying to appease the bashers.

I'm not quite ready to give up. I think it's still Trek.

246630[/snapback]

Sometimes a similar thought crosses my mind. Maybe enough is enough. Maybe this has gone on long enough. Maybe I've tortured my family enough with my fanaticism. Maybe I should just walk away. Especially since I've been watching so much Stargate lately. But how can I walk away? Star Trek is so much a part of me now it would almost have to be surgically removed. I've taken so much away from it and even if the newest incarnation isn't exactly targeted at my demographic, I find I can still take more away from it. Even if it's only enjoyment and the ability to pick out references and a temporary escape. So I take what I want and leave the rest. Besides, I keep thinking of the 117th Rule of Acquisition - "You can't free a fish from water."

246654[/snapback]

I don't think I can stop being a Star Trek fan. I have been a fan almost all of my life. It is almost like asking me to stop eating chocolate, which is impossible. I hope that Star Trek will go back to quality that I have come to expect from the show.

246681[/snapback]

I havent really seen Ent that much because its on at the wrong time and TOS because thats hardly ever shown in the UK and when it is i miss it. However i do like all the other searies and think theres enough variety to suit everyone.

248794[/snapback]

I still consider myself a very new Trek fan, despite having been obsessed with it for almost a year. I find that I am still too easily influenced. My family disapproves of my obsession and though I do not care one bit what they think, they still influence me. Also, I have been unable to watch Trek for a long, long time (it did not come on in France) and I find myself getting more and more imersed in other things. Sometimes I worry that I no longer care for Trek. Yet, it all always comes back to me when I crack open the next Trek book or sit down to watch an episode. Hmmm, I need to find out when it comes on here in Kansas... I could never give of my love of Trek, no matter how far I get from it. And also, though I have indeed noted the OOC-Trekiness (how else should I put that?) in ENT, I still like it. It will never be my favorite, but it is still Star Trek. And I love every bit of Trek.

256456[/snapback]

Trek has been split for a long time. It obviously seems like UPN is going for a Kid demographic, which is why I am having a hard time with ENT and the final few seasons of Voyager. In retrospect, I love TNG and DS9, and like Star Trek because they were written for a mature audience and I guess I'm in that group. If they continue lowering the maturity of trek, I will not watch out of disinterest. That doesn't mean I'm no longer a trek fan.

256467[/snapback]

I guess my own opinion is that Trekkie's became fans for different reasons. Since I have always walked to the tune of a different drummer, I've not tried to defend my Star Trek interest. I think many of us here are endeared to different series. TOS got me going. But for me it was more about the fact that for the first time on any TV show I'd ever watched; there were people of all ethnicities, nationalities, respecting each other and living and working together; as we were not doing here on earth......There was no prejudice and discrimination on the Enterprise.........That was the essence of what began my love for Star Trek......after a time I got into the characters, their personalities, the aliens, episode plots, etc.....But for me, all of that came much later.

I was really upset when TOS was replaced with TNG, and didn't give it a chance at all. When DSN was introduced, I didn't bother to watch it either........It was Voyager with it's female captain and her crew that brought me back to Star Trek, And then it was because of the characters, their struggles, issues, and the way they were forced to handle their crisis while being lost in space. (I guess it appealed to the therapist side of me :lol: ) Voyager forced me to take a look at reruns of TNG and DSN. But no matter how I tried, I could never get anything out of DSN.

At any rate my point is, endearment to Star Trek is such an individual matter. And I personally I am one who does not enjoy Enterprise either. Each new season I've tried to give it a chance.......and I've decided that just like DSN........Enterprise just won't happen for me.........Still, as I will never let go of my love for TOS, Voyager or TNG. And I will be a Trekkie as long as there's room to be endeared for different reasons. I hope that the next Star Trek series will offer more that interests me. Until that time, I'll just be waiting, reviewing my recorded Voyager Tapes, watching reruns of TNG, and posting here with all of the different Trekkies throughout the world. :P

[quote name=TheUnicornHunter' date='Aug 5 2004, 12:21 PM}But Star Trek has changed, there is no "one way" that it "should" be - and change is a part of life.  However, it no longer contains the essence of what endeared it to me.  So while it may now be more appealing to newer audiences it has managed to lose me altogether.  Oddly, I don't feel as sad about that as I thought I might.  I'll still love TOS and its wonder and ideals. But ENT is obviously a show designed for a different demographic than myself.  And the plans for movie 11 sound even more distant  - a movie about a bunch of college kids definitely sounds designed for younger viewers. {quote}

256664[/snapback]

Believe it or not, I grew up with watching TNG and TOS not knowing what it actually was. When I was young, I danced to the Star Trekkin' song every disco we went on holiday. It was only till just that I realised, I'm a Trekkie...So that's what everyone was doing!!! *Refers to the Hand Sign* I know little about star trek so I can't say I'm obsessed with Knowledge. All the series are great, but Enterprise is (I'm trying to say lots of words but I can't), it really takes the mick out of Star Trek, really. It's utter rubbish. I watched it twice and both times I have fell asleep on the sofa within the first 10 minutes. It is ruining our repitition as Trekkies and Trekkers. When I think of Trek I think of Spock. Enterprise is too realistic and it really affects the younger/newer audience. Still, we should remain strong and Trekkie.

*Sighs relief after getting her opinion out*

I appolise deeply for fans if I offended you :lol: :o

311994[/snapback]

It's utter rubbish. I watched it twice and both times I have fell asleep on the sofa within the first 10 minutes.

311994[/snapback]

You watched 2 whole episodes before declaring Enterprise rubbish? I would think that perhaps a few more viewings would be required before making such a declaration. Have you seen any of the episodes from this season? There is still time. Give it a try and see if you don't change your mind.

I at least watched 5 episodes of the new Battlestar:Galactica before I declared it rubbish.

311999[/snapback]

None of this is real! Muahhahaha! :lol:

Just kidding, I was testing a theory!

312107[/snapback]

Sorry If I Disturbed anyone....

312108[/snapback]

Sorry I ment "Upset"........