Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Early Childhood Heros

Who were your early childhood heros? For me it would be Evel Knievel, I know that many here are too young to remember who he is or the things he did but when I was about 5 years old till I was about 11 years old Evel was just about the coolest man alive. My friends and I used to build ramps out of plywood and cinder blocks so we could jump things with our bikes.

I look back now and think "That man was insane to do the things he did" lol but as a child I wanted to BE Evel. I don't know how many times I crashed on my bike trying to jump over things but as a kid the crashing only made me feel more like Evel lol.

evel13.jpg

kings_island1.jpg

How about you? Who did you want to be in your early childhood?

You know what? I really didn't have a child hood hero... :look:

I kind of liked Einstein though. Most things I thought of back then were imaginary. Weird.... I was mostly into Fantasy/sci-fi. No real hero. :bow: SAD CHILDHOOD <_<

Um.... One of the Sliders..... Probably Quinn Mallory since he invented the technique of sliding*...

(Besides the Cro-Mags, an alternate Rembrandt Brown, etc...)

That was my favourite TV series when I was in 2nd and 3rd grade, and into the 4th....

I really liked Lost in Space also.... Robot B-9 was awesome... <_<

I guess my childhood heroes were Quinn Mallory and Dr. Samuel Beckett (of the Quantum Leap Project).

lastresort.jpg42.gif

post-12-1091498955.jpg

Edited by drwho42

My early childhood hero was my kindergarten teacher. I wanted to be teacher just like her.

If I had one, I don't remember who it was. <_< There were alot of real-life people and tv characters I thought were cool, but none that I remember thinking of as "heros"... I probably just forgot.

I remember Evil..I was always amazed at the jumps he attempted..I never looked up to him as a hero though..I was more into the unreal heroes as a kid..Batman was my childhood hero I guess..I used to watch the original TV show..! I can remember me and a friend making plans to dig up the back yard and make a batcave..<_<

:blink:

I don't even remember if I even had a childhood hero...I'm only 16 now, but I was such a wierd little kid. I guess princesses maybe, they were always pretty, rich and they got to wear beautiful dresses and always lived happily ever after. :assimilated:

unfortunately for me i had a bit of a tough childhood, and one of my child hood heros was superman, i used to really wished he come and take me away from it all.

Early childhood heroes: Roy Rogers and Dale Evans, The Lone Ranger and Tonto, Sky King, and Lassie-----television heroes. We used to play cowboys and rescue each other.

I know who Evel Knievel is my dad was mad on him i even had this toy ramp with the motor bike and you had to wind it up and it would fly over this ramp pretty cool toy :blink:

But my child hood hero is SUPERMAN :superman: always has been and always will be....there is only one superman and thats christopher reeve :assimilated:

I know who  Evel Knievel is my dad was mad on him i even had this toy ramp with the motor bike and you had to wind it up and it would fly over this ramp pretty cool toy :blink:

But my child hood hero is SUPERMAN :superman: always has been and always will be....there is only one superman and thats christopher reeve :assimilated:

I had that toy too, it was pretty cool. I also had the RV and the Skycycle.

For me though there's only 1 real Superman, George Reeves.

Christopher Reeve came came along around 1978 and always ws a "stand in" Superman to me.

superman.JPG

I know who  Evel Knievel is my dad was mad on him i even had this toy ramp with the motor bike and you had to wind it up and it would fly over this ramp pretty cool toy :laugh:

But my child hood hero is SUPERMAN :superman: always has been and always will be....there is only one superman and thats christopher reeve :blink:

Christopher Reeve came came along around 1978 and always ws a "stand in" Superman to me.

Skycycle that name rings a bell mabe i had that as well i am not sure :assimilated:

And i have never seen that superman before :( but i guess he was way before my time,i see chris reeves as a real superman after fighting back from his injury :superman:

I know who  Evel Knievel is my dad was mad on him i even had this toy ramp with the motor bike and you had to wind it up and it would fly over this ramp pretty cool toy :laugh:

But my child hood hero is SUPERMAN :superman: always has been and always will be....there is only one superman and thats christopher reeve :blink:

Skycycle that name rings a bell mabe i had that as well i am not sure :assimilated:

And i have never seen that superman before :( but i guess he was way before my time,i see chris reeves as a real superman after fighting back from his injury :superman:

He was actually before my time too, he died in the early 60's (I believe it was ruled suicide) but that Superman is the one I grew up watching from the time I can remember until Christopher Reeve came out. In fact the Lois Lane from the old TV show was in the first Superman movie, she played the mother on the train that didn't believe her little daughterwhen she saw the Teenaged Superman running faster then the train.

I'm not sure.. but i rememeber one was Patrick Stewart... I kept calling him Mr. Clean for a while though... um yea... he was my hero since I was a baby... or so my dad tells me...

:blush 2: My child hood hero was Wonder Women!!! i watched it every weekend with out fail,and when i was about 7 my mum bought me the Wonder Women outfit only when i went out side in it the boys justed laughed and asked me who Wonder Women was :blink: :assimilated:

The Superman played by George Reeve was another one of our childood heroes. My brothers used to run around with blankets tied around their necks, jumping off chairs and beds. My sister and I liked Lois Lane, and were not inclined to run around with blankets.

The Superman played by George Reeve was another one of our childood heroes. My brothers used to run around with blankets tied around their necks, jumping off chairs and beds. My sister and I liked Lois Lane, and were not inclined to run around with blankets.

LOL That sounds like me and my friends too. I was never really able to see Christopher Reeve as Superman, he just wasn't what George Reeves made Superman to be. Clark Kent was competent and sharp minded when George Reeves played him, when Christopher Reeve played him he was a bumbling clumsy fool.

Another child hood hero of mine is the master Bruce lee,i have every film on tape and even some of his none english speaking films :tribble: .."My style is the art of fighting with out fighting"...bruce lee..Enter the dragon...

Edited by hangon

My hero was always my dad. though I thought Walter Payton was a close second, which will surprise a few of you who know I am a Packers fan.