Sign in to follow this  
LadyNarana

Two questions

Does anyone know the limit range of a transporter by the time of TNG and DS9?

Also, how far in distance is DS9 from Bajor? I'm watching eps today, and someone asked me both of these. I don't know!

Hope this helps answer at least one of your questions....this is from ST.com's library...

Bajor cemented a relationship with the UFP by inviting Starfleet administration of Terok Nor, the onetime Cardassian slave-labor mining and processing station in orbit; it was renamed DS-9 and moved near the wormhole to protect it. DS-9 is now about five hours away from Bajor by native transport, though only about three-hours away by Runabout.

and they do not provide much information in regards to transporter ranges, however someone else may be able to provide that for you....

Hope this helps answer at least one of your questions....this is from ST.com's library...
Bajor cemented a relationship with the UFP by inviting Starfleet administration of Terok Nor, the onetime Cardassian slave-labor mining and processing station in orbit; it was renamed DS-9 and moved near the wormhole to protect it. DS-9 is now about five hours away from Bajor by native transport, though only about three-hours away by Runabout.

Thank you! I knew the five hour total, but not the three. I guess that alters the question - how quickly do either (or both) of those craft travel?

I just looked up Transporter Range in my TNG Technical Manual (by Rick Sternback and Michael Okuda) and regarding the transporter on Enterprise-D it says:

Range.  Normal operating range is approximately 40,000 km, depending on payload mass and relative velocity.  Emergency evacuation transporters have more limited capabilities and are limited to approximately 15,000 km, again depending on the power available.