Sign in to follow this  
Mike

UPN strikes again ?

:)

:) What's the deal with UPN now ? I look in my guide and Enterprise is not on tonight !!! Instead they have a 2 hour show on..'Amish in the city'..Like I actually am interested in that..I can only hope that the guide is wrong..I'll know in an hour..

I remember reading somewhere that ENT moves to Friday starting this week, I'll check Fridays guide then edit...

No it moves to Friday starting NEXT Friday (8/6). I don't see it listed for this week at all.

EDIT 2: At ST.COM the listings show Hatchery as the next episode to air on 8/6.

Edited by Alterego

I found out the same thing AE..I don't like that it's skipping a week..I was so looking forward to watching it tonight..:)

Amish in the city is what moved ENT to Fridays?!?!?!? UPN has gone nuts.

:)

:) What's the deal with UPN now ? I look in my guide and Enterprise is not on tonight !!! Instead they have a 2 hour show on..'Amish in the city'..Like I actually am interested in that..I can only hope that the guide is wrong..I'll know in an hour..

They're skipping "Harbinger" and "Doctor's Orders" and will air "Hatchery" next Friday at 8pm, the new night for Enterprise.

UPN is making efforts to help ENT season 4, then they pull this stunt. :)

Working at a television network i completly understand their motivations for this....if you would like i could give you one (or two) of two versions why they do it....

You poor peeps - how can they justify this? Especially missing out Doctor's Orders - one of the best of season three.

Think of us over here in UKland - first we get Azati Prime and Damage as a double header on the same night and now Sky have started at the beginning with Broken Bow and go every night at 6.00pm - now that's what I call service!!

hey, dont bad mouth television networks !!! i can understand your concerns, but i can explain.

hey, dont bad mouth television networks !!! i can understand your concerns, but i can explain.

Please explain! <_<

Don't you just hate it that our fate as Star Trek fans is tied to this stupid psuedo network? UPN ... honestly, what a poor excuse for television. They did Voyager the same way they're doing Enterprise in our area. University of Cincy basketball would preempt Voyager just about every week during the season. Then they'd run Voyager after the ballgame ... but you had to be watching the stupid ballgame to know when it was over and Voyager would begin. Like anybody in this house gives a hoot about sports ... even hearing sports announcers produces an irrational anger in me.

Does anyone else like me sometimes resent FOX? I mean The Simpsons and TNG made that dumb network. Now we're stuck with UPN, who in my opinion should just give it up. It's too bad that TNN is a cable station and not everyone gets it, because I think the best thing that could happen to us if for Enterprise to move to a Star Trek-friendly channel where you could count on it being on every week. <_<

Yeah, I look forward to it every week.  This is most dissappionting.

Is UPN deliberately trying to kill Enterprise?

UPN is moving Enterprise to Fridays to boost their ratings because their Friday night lineup sucks and they admit it.

As for me, I work on fridays so I can't watch it. I can tape it but it's just not the same <_<

Does anyone else like me sometimes resent FOX? I mean The Simpsons and TNG made that dumb network. Now we're stuck with UPN, who in my opinion should just give it up. It's too bad that TNN is a cable station and not everyone gets it, because I think the best thing that could happen to us if for Enterprise to move to a Star Trek-friendly channel where you could count on it being on every week. 

That is very correct. If they could show Enterprise on the Sci Fi channel where people will really appreciate it, then everything could work out.

well, there is such a thing as ratings season. Now in ratings season all the high flying shows are run. Enterprise, The Simpsons, 24, NCIS, Charmed... the list can go on...but during this 36 week "season" the network must decide how to divide the program (usually 24 episodes) over an extra 12 weeks, the answer: re-runs. Usually the network places the highest rated first-run episodes on again.

Usually there is a mid-season hiatus, this being over christmas and new year - main reason being that people are with family and friends, so they dont watch TV.

With the "non-ratings" season the network again places high-rating first run episodes on as a re-run, obviously Harbinger and Doctors Orders werent as high rating, so they arent being aired. Also, UPN's Fall Lineup is commencing so "Amish In The City" has begun - and since it has been slated on a Wednesday night, it is better to start it there than move it around. Enterprise has been officially moved to Friday nights and it has been for sometime - this will not change in the near future, but maybe it will - if enough complaints are received.

I agree that UPN commencing its "Next Top Model" programme in the 8/7C timeslot last week, and then move it to 9/8C is a bit stupid (because it contradicts my above statement).

Any further comments, queries?

Was i descriptive enough?

I must say I enjoyed Amish in the City but the program was not about the likes of any Amish I know. I think it's bogus and in many aspects. The Amish I know and have assisted at my job are decent, well mannered, and a plain people. The girls aren't even permitted to braid their hair. If you would notice that the girls just put on pierced earrings and makeup like they've done it all their lives and the curling iron didn't seem alien to the one *Amish* girl.

I must say I enjoyed Amish in the City but the program was not about the likes of any Amish I know. I think it's bogus and in many aspects.  The Amish I know and have assisted at my job are decent, well mannered, and a plain people.  The girls aren't even permitted to braid their hair.  If you would notice that the girls just put on pierced earrings and makeup like they've done it all their lives and the curling iron didn't seem alien to the one *Amish* girl.

What else do you think Reality TV is? It's all fake, scripted, crap. It's the new fad of the world. Watch, in 5 years, new fad, no one cares of reality anymore, no one even knows what it is.

does anybody read my posts anymore??????

I missed Amish - probably cause im in Aus...

I read your comments about the ratings being a motivation for programming decisions. I just did not have any comments to make on what you said.

I always read your posts, because you are one of the few people I can remember who comes from Austrailia. I like knowing when I am getting a comment from a different nation, but mostly I can only remember some of the the Canadians and the Dutch.

AGAIN !!!! :laugh:

I thought Enterprise was going to be on tonight at 8 PM on UPN..?? I just checked my guide and Enterprise isn't on tonight. There is a baseball game on !! What is going on with UPN ? That is 2 weeks now that I miss Enterprise..This stuff better not happen when the new season starts... :thumbs:

AGAIN !!!!  :laugh:

I thought Enterprise was going to be on tonight at 8 PM on UPN..?? I just checked my guide and Enterprise isn't on tonight. There is a baseball game on !! What is going on with UPN ? That is 2 weeks now that I miss Enterprise..This stuff better not happen when the new season starts...  :thumbs:

I just sent a message to my local UPN carrier voicing my displeasure..I just can't believe that it's been 2 weeks since I've seen Enterprise. This probably won't be happening when the new season starts in october though..The Red Sox season is sure to be over by then..Especially since how they are playing this year..

I have a feeling, and please don't hold this against me, that sports cannot be replayed while Enterprise can. There are no new episodes until September and baseball is heading towards the playoffs. If your local team is playing at time during Enterprise time slot the team will win out. Its not just UPN that does this, all the networks do it. I remember when the TNG was on the air and miss some of the shows due to the hockey season and that was on a FOX channel.

Edited by Odie

Yeah I know Odie..That is how things work..Sports will always win out..I'm just not happy about it.. :thumbs:

Yeah I know Odie..That is how things work..Sports will always win out..I'm just not happy about it.. :laugh:

246651[/snapback]

This is exactly the reason i'm pissed at the networks most of the time, because they show sports and it ALWAYS goes past the time slot indicated on the tvguide (or similar local paper) :tribble:. If it were up to me i'd say "unless it gives preference on the paper (tv guide or local such) we're sticking to what's on. You know, i am almost to the point of being an advocate of broadcast sports channels, just for the sake of the current channels sticking to what's to be shown.

If you want to know the listings, check zap2it.com. It has sports listings and the listings change over time.

Don't know,about that.but i do know upn has alot of show that are good one of best is startek..enterprise too awsome wish they bing all back on upn.

I don't know about you guys but it sounds to me like UPN has really screwed up their programme timings. The same thing just happened here. They were meant to show Shockwave Part I -- the Season 1 ender -- but they showed Fight or Flight again. That's the second time they've shown that episode instead of something else. The first time they swapped it for the episode where they were on Risa -- Two Day and Two Nights?-- and and then replaced Shuttlepod One with it. Plus, I just checked my TV listings and there's no Enterprise for this month and the next. I just wrote to the network, and they said that they're checking into it, but it just galls me to think that they're showing Miss Teen USA instead of Enterprise. Besides, it took so long for it to come to Singapore, and it'd be a shame if it were to go off air so quick. I really, really hope it was a mistake here, and that things get cleared up at UPN in America and here as well =P