Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

For those planning or hoping to go

Will you be going alone or will you be attending with Family and or friends?

If it's with others how many would you expect to be with you?

Me and my hubbie,John, and possibly my brother and sister who are big trek fans too.

I would indeed love to come, but since I live in Sweden, it might be difficult.. damn, why can't there be more Trek fans here?!

IF I'm allowed to go, it certianly wont be by myself. And my brother would love to come too, so probably the whole family.

I would indeed love to come, but since I live in Sweden, it might be difficult.. damn, why can't there be more Trek fans here?!

Yes, I can see where a trip like this would be a MAJOR thing for some that are in other countries. We would LOVE to have you be there so if you think a vacation to the states might be something you would be interested in for that time frame then you can just add the Convention to the vacation planner. I myself have never been to Vegas so I am planning on making my stay last a week, maybe 2 weeks and I'm planning on other activities as well. Like a drive to the Grand Canyon, The Hoover Dam and maybe even a stop in Ca and Az to see friends and family.

So if it's something you might be able to work out then we all would greatly look forward to seeing you there.

it would be me and my wife. IF i can talk her into the whole TREK thing. lol. but the extra trips to the grand canyon, and the hoover damn sound great, maybe i can use that as an angle too, also i have family in arizona as well. what a coincidence, also maybe by then ill be living in NORFOLK, we can fly out together.lol. all high hopes, but gotta dream about something. ill be in norfolk in june for my civil service test for the fire dept, so its possible. we'll see. :laugh:

I will be there, but I will probably be by myself. I am thinking of spending the week there as well. Or if not I will fly on to California to visit my old College Roomates.

OH, by the way. I saw something on one of the threads about getting T-Shirts made. My brother owns a T shirt printing company and if I had the orders a few months in advance I could get them at a discount. If interested send me some shirt ideas and I can get an estimate for ya.

I will be there, but I will probably be by myself.  I am thinking of spending the week there as well.  Or if not I will fly on to California to visit my old College Roomates.

OH, by the way.  I saw something on one of the threads about getting T-Shirts made.  My brother owns a T shirt printing company and if I had the orders a few months in advance I could get them at a discount.  If interested send me some shirt ideas and I can get an estimate for ya.

Right now the idea has been mentioned to use the new Logo I have in my signature as the Shirt logo. I've actually done a second version of the image:

logo.gif

The one above is what I am using for a new skin I am working on. The Logo would go on the back and everyone's screen name would be in the front.

I believe that's what we've come up with so far. In my mind I am picturing these on a Black T-Shirt. Anyone else have any thoughts on that?

Black's cool. Everyone looks good in black!! I really like that new logo. It is soooo cool.

black is cool, especially considering its a space program anyway. so for those of us who may or may not be able to go, when the tshirt thing comes through will we be able to get one anyway? i sure hope so.

OMG! A Startrekfans.net store!!! :laugh:

I think we'll have to wait and see on that but it is certainly something we'll consider - letting people get the shirts, not the store that is.

I'll be bringing three with me for a total of four. Even though the wife and kids aren't trekkers, they'll be plenty for them to do. I'll even bring the DAT recorder to get sound bites for a possible fun audio project for the group.

I, too, plan on travelling solo. This will also be my first trip to Las Vegas, so I just may hang out for longer than a weekend if the mood strikes me. Also, the black t-shirt idea sounds pretty sweet to me.

I dig the T-shirts as you described them, sounds perfect for members but remember, non-site fans (my wife> :laugh: + kid sizes) are gonna want something they can call their own and I too would like to restock my dresser with a bunch of new bill-boards for Trek (all my/our old ones are faded and worn out)

black is cool, especially considering its a space program anyway. so for those of us who may or may not be able to go, when the tshirt thing comes through will we be able to get one anyway? i sure hope so.

I had thought about that, making shirts available to anyone that wants one. We'd probably make a slight modification to the shirts that aren't at the convention though. What I thought we would do is have "STARTREKFANS.NET ~ Vegas 2004" on one of the sleeves. Maybe for people not attending we would get shirts without that on the sleeve. Though it may turn out cheaper to just get one style printed for all shirts.

Maybe for people not attending we would get shirts without that on the sleeve. Though it may turn out cheaper to just get one style printed for all shirts.

That's good, hopefully it would not cost too much more if so, I vote drop having non-member matching shirts but have an alternate Trek shirt for them to (buy for) use.

If I can make it, possibly +1 to +3.

Also, the shirt idea is cool! I'd want one if you made them.

YES!!! (Eveen though I wont see them, that would look amazing!)

We'll all likely be taking Pictures so I'm sure you'll see lots of photos on the site.

My plan is to have a computer set up in Vegas, possibly with a webcam transmitting a live feed of at least some of the events. If that doesn't work then at the very least I'd be able to upload digital pics to the site the days of the events.

Do you want me to get with my brother and get an estimate on the shirts? I know that the price per shirt will be cheaper if we order alot. Also, Do you have anything that shows that the site has the rights to use the pics? He may ask, just to make sure that there is not a copyright issue.

Put something under the screen names to identify the Board Mods.

Put something under the screen names to identify the Board Mods.

Just as long as it isn't something like this:

target.gif

:(