Who's the cooler android?

Who do you like better?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you like better?

• Data
    • Lore
    • don't like either
    • Data...no...Lore...aaaaaahhhh*head explodes*

:clap: If I have to pick between Lore and Data it has to be Lore. He was funny at times in a sick twisted way. Lets not forget about the *artificial* persons in the 'Alien' movies or Marvin the Paranoid Android.

*head explodes*

I dunno. I like the character of Data more, but Lore had some fun storylines.

Data. Lore had a cute smirk going for him but that's about it. I found him very annoying. I usually just turn off the Lore episodes.

Awwww. Data, definately. He's much more entertaining, and he's a cute little thing. :clap:

That, and he's the picture of innocence.

Data...no, Lore...no,...........

*sound of head exploding*

My head explodes as well :)

I really cannot choose. Don't make me do so. :) I like them both equally.

Data no Lore no Data. I don't know! :) *head explode*

Data...no...Lore...aaaaaahhhh*head explodes*

does that answer your Q..???...lol

I like Data best, I was never very keen on Lore and found him a little irritating.

It depends on what question is being asked.

The poll topic is "Who is cooler?" The poll question is "Who do you like better?"

I like Data better, but Lore seemed a lot wittier and seemed to have more capabilities than Data did (which, of course, was part of the problem but that's another issue).

Edited by lt_van_roy

I like Data best, I was never very keen on Lore and found him a little irritating.

I agree with you!!!! :assimilated: Android Android.....no wait, that's a klingon.... :blink: :( :laugh:

Data is the funnier as he doesnt seem to grasp humour and yet can still be funny. Lore was ok but could be irritating especially in later episodes he was in

Data. He had a child-like curiousity which I found endearing. Lore was just a jerk.

The only reason some people think Lore was cool was that he contrasted Data (and B4). Data would have been interesting even if there was no Lore.

Lore was also not "evil" per se. He simply did not have the ethical subroutines that Data had. He could have been good, evil, or somewhere in between. But he also had emotions, thus he had an incentive to maximize his emotional well-being, and not having an ethical subroutine to restrict his utility maximization is what made him "evil".

Data, Lore, and B4 were all subjects of their programming. Their behavior was dictated by their coding (and to a lesser extent their hardware add-ons like the emotion chip). They could not choose to behave a certain way, therefore it doesn't make sense to describe them as ethical or unethical.

Make no mistake, watching Lore is always a pleasure (because I'm basically just getting to see more Brent Spiner); however I LOVE Data. Data was the best character on that show or, at least, the most interesting.

I voted for head explosion...there were qualities about both Data and Lore that I loved.

I really feel Lore could have been 'a good boy' (so to speak) if Dr. Soong hadn't spent all his time on Data. Lore felt neglected and hurt by his father; he had human emotions, it's how he should feel in such a situation!

Wasn't B4 made before Lore though?

That was an assumption made by Geordi but there wasn't any proof. He assumed that B4 was a prototype built before Data because B4's neural pathways weren't as sophisticated as Data's.

Personally I like the idea that B4 was created after Data and that he was a work in progress that was never completed because of Dr. Soong's death. In the episode Brothers there were quite a few android pieces scattered around the lab (a foot sitting on a table, for example) so it would seem that Soong at least worked on others like Lore and Data after he came to Terlina III.