Sign in to follow this  
Zengo

Could A Founder Be Assmilted?

I Have Always Wondered Could A Founder Ever Be Assmilted By The Borg?Or A Jem'hader?A Vorta Defintaly Could.Maybe The Borg Can Only Assmilte "Soilds"?

I think they would have trouble with the jem'hadar but if they send enough they might b albe to aventually. However i dont think they will be able to assimilate the changelings becasue they would just go back to there liquid state. Also how would they regenerate and go back into there liquid state once theve been assimilated. What would happen with the bord technology implanted onto them.

But the how can they have the implants unless they have alredy assimalted a founder in which case youve already andewed your question and it was pointless asking on this board :bow:

If the Borg assimilated the Vorta and the J'emhadar, which they certainly could, then the Founders would have no power beyond their own world. Founders could, of course, assume the shape of a Borg and probably wonder freely among them, but I seriously doubt that assimilation would be possible. They're liquid. The Borg could no more assimilate the founders than they could assimilate the Prophets, IMO.

We've often discussed this and wondered what would happen. Do the founders themselves have technological capabilities, or is it just the Vorta? If that is the case, the Borg probably regard the Founders as irrelevant.

The Borg are dependant as much on their biological components as they are on their cybernetic components.

Since the Founders aren't "biological" beings in the way Humans or Vorta or Jem'Hadar are then I believe it would be impossible to assimilate them successfully.

Remember, they (The Borg) tried to assimilate species 8472 and couldn't.

No, a Founder can not be assimilated. They are not biological beings as we think of ourselves so it wouldn't work. They can not assimilate Changelings anymore than they could a holographic being. :clap:

Hmm intresting concept a shape shifting borg,if it was possible then that would spell the doom of the federation for sure, there would be no chance against them,you could get assmilated by a plant or even a bird :)

I don't think they could be assimilated, though some of the lesser members of the Dominion could possibly be vunerable to assimilation.

I would still consider the Founders/Dominion to be the second hardest aliens/civilisation in Trek, one below Species 8472 and one above the Borg.

I tend to think of Founders as sentient people sized Amoeba's, Amoeba's have DNA, Borg nano probes rewrite DNA, if the founders have DNA it is possible, however difficult.

I think the Borg would sooner destroy the major races in the Dominion than assimilate them. I think we've pretty much established the Founders could not be assimilated and therefore would represent a great threat to the collective. The Borg would wipe them out in all likelihood. The Jem'hadar are lethal warriors but their dependence on ketracel-white could detract from Borg perfection and would be a liability. The Vorta have no distinguishing qualities compared to other humanoid races and would be wiped out accordingly. However, Dominion technology in ship building and cloning would be assimilated and then the Borg could create an overwhelming fleet of ships crewed by super drones (a species created from the DNA of all previously assimilated species, which would offer no resistance to assimilation). That force attacking the Alpha Quadrant would be one heck of a movie. Star Trek XII: Borg War.

On a semi-related topic, do you think Armus from Skin of Evil (TNG) could meld with a Founder. If so, think of how powerful and evil a villian that would be.

Those are some the ideas I've played around with in my head.

Here is a question: Can a Q be assimilated?

I say no. One snap of their fingers and a Q could get rid of the probes. Unless anyone else has a thought?

I definitely do not think that a Q could be assimilated. They are omniscient and omnipotent really. As soon as the Borg came at them, they would just say "bye-bye Borg." End of story, seeya later, bye-bye!

Unless a Q would willingly let the Borg assimilate him/her. A Q-Borg would be a very powerful and unstopable menace. Would a Q really be that evil?

But why bother becoming a Borg? A Q is the most powerful race in the universe. The continuum isn't evil or good, it just "is." I don't think they'd let themselves be assimilated because there would be nothing to gain from it (other than hassling Jean-Luc ... Q might do it for that, but it would still only be momentary).

Just what I think.

I don't know about armus, but if they could meld, man that thing would be powerful!!!

A Q cannot be assimilated even though I wish I could.... :assimilated:

no not the founder .i think jem'hader and vorta could be assimilated if the destory the founder s homepleant and founder . deastory kectel white factory. and that would jem'hader ,vorta would be easy assimilated.

Edited by amcroja

Armus is a very dark (sorry, couldn't resist) and evil villain from the episode of TNG called "Skin of Evil" He supposedly could not be killed by a phaser. It feeds on the pleasure of ridiculing people.

here is a startrek.com episode guide for the episode skin of evil mentioning armus.

http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/seri...sode/68350.html

What about the Allasomorph? They are supposed to be changlings of the Alpha Quadrant that is ... well, it look pretty like energy based. Would the Borg assimilate that?