Sign in to follow this  
Star Trek Fan

Sign this Defiant Petition! You'll be glad you did

I hearby sign in absentia. My pop-up blocker won't let me see it :flex::bow:

Signed: Rear Admiral Lida Jeanway :bow: O.K.? :bow:

A life sized model would be cool, but I'd rather Paramount spend the money on either improving the abysmal "ENT" or using the money to hire better writers for a new Trek show.

:bow::bow:

I just read the "Do You Ever Feel Like Crying?, (Because none of this is real?)" topic, and I thought... Hey... this would make it real!!!

I think this would be a complete waist of money and resources.  Why build a full-size replica of the Defiant when you can go to Star Trek: The Experrience at the Las Vegas Hilton?

This is a valid point. the USS Defiant of the Star Trek Universe is 170 meters long, and 130 meters wide, with 5 decks. compare this to an Ohio Class SSBN, which is 170 meters long with 4 decks, and 16 meters wide. now, understanding that the Defiant model wouldn't contain the advanced components that go into an Ohio Class SSBN, it would still be an expensive proposal, since I don't think making it out of wood would be a viable option. also, you have to pay the people to build it, and pay the utilities for it. and once built, it would be immobile. someone reading this is probably thinking "Oh, we can put Jet Engines in it and make it fly", but the Defiant's design is actually not a very aerodynamically sound design. and the number of engines required, as well as fuel, would take up alot of space that would, on the Star Trek Defiant, house other things that might be interesting.

the other point is that there is no canon deck plans for the ship. as far as designs go, the writers and producers NEVER make up a full set of plans, so that they can be flexible with writers. if you have the money, do it. it's your money. but it would probably lose more money than it's worth.

Yes, and then build the lifesize DS9 for the Defiant to dock at...Much more fun stuff to do on DS9 than on Defiant...

i have signed it to, can,t wait to see a full sise Defiant

I signed it, but wouldn't a Defiant model be too huge? How about a model of a Runabout at least?