Sign in to follow this  
Chief_Rosco

Geordi-isms

I am starting TNG over again and picked up right away on the answers Geordi gives to the officer in charge in times of crisis. Gems such as:

"It may...then again...it may not."

Just the kind of thing and OIC wants to hear when he needs to make a big decision. I am going to try to come up with one a day and invite everyone else to off their favorites.

This is all meant in good fun, and even though Geordi is and Enterprise Chief engineer, even he can't control the writers.

Cheers, Chief Rosco :picard-sith:

Todays:

"...ahhhh...not good sir."

Here's a good one from "The Ensigns of Command" when Picard wants the transporters to work. At the end Geordi says:

"captain, we can do it. It will take about ten years with a staff of one hundred, but.."

I'm almost positive this is not an exact quote, but you get the idea!

COOLANT LEAK! WE HAVE A COOLANT LEAK (Runs and dives under a closing shutter door like Indianna Jones)

Picard : What is it?

Data : There's nothing out there. Absolutely nothing.

Geordi : Well it's a damn ugly nothing.

(Runs and dives under a closing shutter door like Indianna Jones)

240128[/snapback]

Yeah, he did that alot it seems. Once in Yesterday's Enterprise and once in Generations. There was that scene in Hide and Q too when he dove out the way of some weapons fire.

My favorite Geordi line is from Insurrection:

"...we're fresh out of warp cores!"

262263[/snapback]

:biggrin: Yeah that one is a good one.

Geordi: "Looks like we're all in the same boat."

Riker: "Make that 'the same starship'." - in Conundrum

[on the Pakleds]

Geordi: "Let me guess. Their rubber band broke, right?" -Samaritan Snare

I liked how everything always seemed to take three hours tops to fix.

306318[/snapback]

Perhaps he was following Scotty's idea of multiplying things by a factor of 3

From the last outpost

Gerodi: We Kick into Warp 9, come back fighting wooo weeee!!!

I also liked the one where he argues with Leah Brams, where he makes all of those wierd noises to explain that the ship will explode lol :blink:

Well, these are not examples of Geordi in 'crisis' mode, but they are examples of the low-key way he made comments in problem situations.

One is in First Contact, when he and Riker were looking for Cochrane, who had finally managed to slip away from his admirers. Riker thought he spotted Cochrane in the distance. Geordi used his mechanical eyes to zoom in on Cochrane just as he was sipping his booze. Geordi simply said in a soft-spoken tone, 'Yeah, it's him alright.' A lesser man might have commented on him still drinking, and wonder aloud if he was fit for the hsitoric flight he was to make!

In Insurrection, Geordi was explaining the fact that Data's malfunction was caused by a Sona weapon. When Captain Picard pointed that the official Sona report said they fired only after Data malfucntioned, Geordi simply said, ' I don't believe it happened that way,' in a very matter-of -fact tone of voice. A lesser man might have railed and shouted 'Those Liars!'