Sign in to follow this  
T'pol_1

Not Getting To Watch Star Trek Alot

Hi. I'm a die hard trekky like you. I babysit during the week and I don't get to watch Star Trek because this kid insists upon playing video games all day. So last night I thought up this idea. On my tv I have Comcast cable and they don't use a few channels. Like if you noticed as you flip threw the channels when there is nothing to watch the tv just skips over channel 19. So what if we got cable providers to use channels like that for a channel that shows all Star Trek all the time. That way you can just flip to the channel and watch it whenever you want. None of you think thats to obsessive do you. :picard-sith: So does anybody agree with me.

I know what it's like not being able to watch Star Trek. For about five months now I haven't had cable. The cable people have finally gotten around to working on that. (They had to dig a trench in my backyard to put cable in, and they're going to have to tear up some of the road near my house.) I was really looking forward to finally being able to watch Deep Space 9 on Spike, but now I have to wait even longer. And I missed the last five or so episodes of Enterprise. It makes me sad. Yeah, it would be cool to have an all Star Trek channel, but it would get a little old, and I don't think anyone would do it. That's what channels like the Sci-Fi channel are for. Do you have a VCR? You could tape Star Trek while you're baby-sitting and then watch it later.

I KNOW!!! I told this idea on another site. We Star Trek fans should get together and make out own Star Trek channel! All ST all the time. Trek news, Trek episodes, even a Trek soap opera. :picard-sith:

thanks for all your replies. Yeah I cant stand missing Star Trek. And with my luck it's usually a really good episode that I miss. Doesn't that suck. For me nothing is worse than missing and episode of Star Trek. I can't even wtch TOS because I don't have the Sci-Fi channel.

I haven't been able to watch TNG, TOS, or DS9 at all except when I go on vacation and when the hotel has Spike.... or Sci-fi...

At least you can go some where to see Star Trek TOS and everything else. I can't even watch Trek Uncut on Spike on Fridays because I babysit over night. I would do almost anything if I could go on vacation and just sit in front og the TV watching Star Trek all day. But I can't afford it.

I to havent watched Star Trek for a while because my mam, sister and dad all hate it and make me change the channel:( Im gonna try ang get them all on DVD so i can watch them whenever i like but its gonna be a while and its gonna be expensive.

:tank: :tomcat: :tank:

:blink:

Well at least you have a chance to buy the dvd's. I can't afford alot. Plus I give my money to my parents for everything for my birthday party. And I know birthday party's are childish. I am only having one so I can meet up with my friends. So don't anybody say anything about it.

When Sci-fi has a marathon of TOS I usually tape it becasue I'm either at work or have classes. Too bad the tape only has space for 6 hours.

I wish I got the Sci-Fi channel. That way when I watch any other Star Trek I can just tell my mom that TOS is on and she'll run for the tv in the living room to watch it.

Hi. I'm a die hard trekky like you. I babysit during the week and I don't get to watch Star Trek because this kid insists upon playing video games all day. So last night I thought up this idea. On my tv I have Comcast cable and they don't use a few channels. Like if you noticed as you flip threw the channels when there is nothing to watch the tv just skips over channel 19. So what if we got cable providers to use channels like that for a channel that shows all Star Trek all the time. That way you can just flip to the channel and watch it whenever you want. None of you think thats to obsessive do you.  :blink: So does anybody agree with me.

I think it'd be a mistake to show Trek all day every day on a dedicated channel. The average viewer would get bored, thus Trek re-runs would dry up. I say scatter them about on a network like SCI-FI.

That's a good point that I really didn't think about. But for me I wouldn't mind it because I babysit al day so when I'm done babysitting I can just flip to the channel and get my daily dose of Star Trek. This kid practically lives on video games. And by the time Star Trek is on he has asked to play games so many times that I have no choise but to let him play a game so he won't bother me any more.

There was a similiar topic to thius one a while back, and a valid point was brought up. There are only so many star trek episodes. Eventually we would run out. People would get bored with trek after a while. It's good in theory but not very practical.