Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

I'm Curious

Do you know what "Fat Man", "Little Boy", "Bockscar" and "Enola Gay" were?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know what "Fat Man", "Little Boy", "Bockscar" and "Enola Gay" were?

• Yes
    • No

I'm with Ace; I know three out of four. I've never heard of "Bockscar" before, but I do know the other three.

Click for Spoiler:

Little Boy was the first atomic bomb dropped by the B-29 "Enola Gay" and Fat Man was the second Atomic bomb dropped by the B-29 "Bockscar".

Was studing to be a History Teacher

Yes I know. Am a history nut.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki

Edited by tokar

I knew all four! I guess those zone out sessions in history where i took to reading the textbooks instead of doing fake archaeology digs kinda paid off!

yep i have heard of them only i didnt know bockscar was another name for the B-29...seems i learn something new everyday at this place :o

3 out of 4

Click for Spoiler:

did anyone catch Dwight Schultz (Lt. Barclay) play Robert Oppenheimer in the movie Fat Man and Little Boy?

Yeah I saw that but don't remember knowing that that was him. I probably did know but just don't remember knowing... if that makes any sense at all... :o lol

3 out of 4

Click for Spoiler:

did anyone catch Dwight Schultz (Lt. Barclay) play Robert Oppenheimer in the movie Fat Man and Little Boy?

Yes, I did.

I got 4/4.

I know that the first two were the A bombs, But I don't rcall which one was used on Hiroshima. Obviously, "Enola Gay" delivered one of them. I had forgotten about the other B-29. Really neat poll, VGB. I had just watched "The Last Mission" on TV, the bombing raid on a third city, Akira(?) just after the second A-bomb.

Stardate:214276.8

I knew 3/4.I just didnt know what bockscar was.

I wrote in a magazin that the americans were also planning to put an A bomb on the german city Dresden, but they never did becouse germany capitulated sooner than they thought

I wrote in a magazin that the americans were also planning to put an A bomb on the german city Dresden, but they never did becouse germany capitulated sooner than they thought

I believe I've read that also, the main concern at the time of the Manhattan Project was Germany but later became Japan I believe.

I thought I heard on the radio this morning that the guy who flew the second plane just passed away. I only heard a few seconds, though, so I could be wrong.

I feel so dumb...

You're not dumb...It took me a while to actually remember the Enola Gay, and I was clueless about the other three... :picard-sith:

Yes and no. I remember that it had something to do with atomic bombs though.

After I read through the posts only then did I have an inkling of what you were talking about. :bow:

Being a history nut and living in Japan.... Lets just say its a topic that is not to be shared openly.