Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Rollerblading

Anyone out there rollerblade? I'm 19 and have a pair, but I live in a real rural setting. Hard to do it anywhere except for a close hilly subdivision. I don't care for all the crazy stunts, I just wanna skate and have fun! So, anyone got any tips? ;)

i do it sometimes. i live on an acreage too but i just call up one of my friends that lives close to me and we just go where ever. we usually just go to the golf courses around my house to see if there are any lost golf balls in the ditches we can use for our next golf game.

I love rollerblading. There's not many place to do it around here, so I try to go to a rink when I can. I wish I still lived in San Diego so I could do it on the beach. Dang, now I'm homesick. ;)

I love rollerblading. There's not many place to do it around here, so I try to go to a rink when I can. I wish I still lived in San Diego so I could do it on the beach. Dang, now I'm homesick. ;)

I don't know how long it has been since you have been home but things might have changed from the way you remember them. Remember how narrow the sidewalk in front of the beach was? It hasn't changed but the population has. All sorts of revitalization has occurred except the width of the sidewalk. There are so many people using the walk to roller blade (and of course, to walk on) it has become a throng of flesh all competing for space, there is no fun to be found there anymore. I believe beach front residents are beginning to tire of it all and soon, laws may be enacted prohibiting roller lading save for certain areas

I don't know how long it has been since you have been home but things might have changed from the way you remember them. Remember how narrow the sidewalk in front of the beach was? It hasn't changed but the population has. All sorts of revitalization has occurred except the width of the sidewalk. There are so many people using the walk to roller blade (and of course, to walk on) it has become a throng of flesh all competing for space, there is no fun to be found there anymore. I believe beach front residents are beginning to tire of it all and soon, laws may be enacted prohibiting roller lading save for certain areas

Well that stinks. Are you from San Diego? Pacific Beach is my beach of choice. I miss the area so bad. I moved in '93. Having rollerblading just in certain areas might actually be a good idea.

Well that stinks. Are you from San Diego? Pacific Beach is my beach of choice. I miss the area so bad. I moved in '93. Having rollerblading just in certain areas might actually be a good idea.

Not from but it is my home now. The Navy brought me here in 75. At least you got to see The Giant Dipper restored, that is the main reason for all of the revitalization projects. An entire permanent little "carnival" has sprung up around it and with it, Hugh crowds.

Not from but it is my home now. The Navy brought me here in 75. At least you got to see The Giant Dipper restored, that is the main reason for all of the revitalization projects. An entire permanent little "carnival" has sprung up around it and with it, Hugh crowds.

ok, what is the giant dipper? also next question, seeing how your in sunny beautiful SAN DIEGO, and VBG IS IN EVEN MORE BEAUTIFUL WONDERFUL NORFOLK VIRGINIA, how did you two get together to do STARTREKFANS.NET or is it just coincidence that you are #2 in the ranks.

I tried rollerblading once...I wasn't very good at it so I don't think I can give you very many pointers (regular rollerskating and ice skating, on the otherhand....those I am pretty good at!)

the giant dipper looks awsome, i love roller coasters. next time im in cali, maybe i can check it out. used to go there every summer years back, i was just in oakland a month and a half ago. beautiful out there. :innocent:

What a great link UhuraRiker! :innocent:  I hope everyone took the ride on The Giant Dipper!

I've never been on it! Bellow.gif And I love roller coasters! Isn't that pathetic? I was just a kid in '93 and the rest of my family hates roller coasters. I'm totally going on it next time I'm there! 1syellow1.gif

Anyone out there rollerblade?  I'm 19 and have a pair, but I live in a real rural setting.  Hard to do it anywhere except for a close hilly subdivision.  I don't care for all the crazy stunts, I just wanna skate and have fun!  So, anyone got any tips? :D

Don't know about rollerblading, but I know how to skateboard... :lol: One thing I bet you didn't know I could do.... Guess we never discussed it, I am not one who does all the tricks, but I am learning, Tony is helping me (woops, made this into a personal conversation, AIM or PM me later...) :laugh::dude::dude:

Shortly after my arrival on the terran homeworld an officer of the cultural ministry suggested that I try this exercise for "fun"....I nearly killed myself.I have since set aside my rollerblades and have no intentions of trying this "sport" again.

I tried this a few times.A woman I was seeing for a while in '01,enjoyed rollerblading and would ask me to rollerblade with her...I hated doing it,because I am the most uncoordinated black man on the face of God's green earth (I ain't much for dancing,either).I never fell(luck),but I was clearly in trouble whenever I'd take off.I hope to never have to put on a pair of blades again. B)

I rollerbladed to and from work for 2 months everyday this summer..from 10pm to 12..I love it, I can't get enuf..I hate snow..indoor rollerbladin is not the same!

Stardate:213726.9

A friend of my moms bought a pair and became really good at it.He bought me a pair and wanted to teach me to get good at it.Yeah Right.I cant count how many times i fell on my a$$. B) I couldnt rollerblade if my life depended on it.

I just got some sweet new blades. Nike Bauer Ignite Shifter roller hockey blades. They totally rock.

m3462617_nike_IgniteShifte_102002304_smallImage.jpg

Edited by bysty

I just got some sweet new blades. Nike Bauer Ignite Shifter roller hockey blades. They totally rock.

m3462617_nike_IgniteShifte_102002304_smallImage.jpg

those look really awesome Bysty!

I do rollerblade a lot but i dont have such nice ones though.

Thanks Lady_Luthien!

Oh and today I went with my girlfriend and she bought herself a pair, so on friday we are going to rollerblade to school.

The last time I rollerblade was before I joined the Navy seven years ago.

Edited by Odie

i love rollerbladeing i went today infact with a girl from the gym,its a great way to stay in shape but i have had a acciedent on the about 7 weeks ago and broke 2 fingers :eekout: ..thats what happens when you dont watch where your going :laugh:but it wasnt my fault too many girls with short skirts on stood in the same place was just too much thats why i went flying on them and broke my fingers :laugh: :blink:

Edited by hangon

JDigs, how old are ya, what job, and what setting do you live in?

CJLP, sorry I didn't notice this post till now, didn't mean to ignore you. We've been through this..I'm in Ontario and work for a local radio station. I'm 24. So snow for 6 months..1 1/2 months of sun..days like this were meant for rollerblading.

Lol. Nice work Hangon.

Hehe yeah it was a good one my boss was not to pleased that i had 4 weeks off,but whats a guy supposed to do when he see's something like that? if i didnt look there would be something wrong with me :) i suppose the Q is was it worth it???..oh h.ell yeah :) even though the girls saw me go flying and make a fool of myself one of them did come and help i think she new it was their fault :) :( ..and i still havent learned from it i nearly went flying again today :lol: