Sign in to follow this  
ussacclaim

A Piece Of

I think this is my new favorite Star tRek episode!!!

Now I must find a fedora to wear.

What did you all think of this episode? I particularly like the Spock/Kirk dialogue.

It's certainly one of my fav TOS episodes..I never tire of watching it..Isn't it such a fun episode ? I love the way Kirk talks in it... :D

I always liked it and thought it would have been a cool episode if they had decided to make it on DS9 in stead of Trials and Tribble-ations.

Yeah, that one has always been a favorite.  It's  quite humorous, especially with the card game Fizbin and Kirk's driving skills. :laugh:

Actually, Kirk's and mine driving skills on non-automatic vehicles are not too dissimilar, except at least the car he drove didn't stall out all the time :)

Love it, some of the best ST quotes come from this episode.

Kirk: "We're through playing with you penny ante operators!"

&

"Cover 'em Spocko!"

Spock: "I'd advise you to keep dialing."

Kirk: "Right?" Spock: "Check!

Then later;

Kirk: Check? Spock: "Riggggght!"

:laugh:

Actually, Kirk's and mine driving skills on non-automatic vehicles are not too dissimilar, except at least the car he drove didn't stall out all the time 

LOL. I can remember learning how to drive a manual transmission. Wow, those were some good times. My car that I have now is a stick and I love it.

I always liked it and thought it would have been a cool episode if they had decided to make it on DS9 in stead of Trials and Tribble-ations.

I would like to have seen an episode when the Federation came back to collect their "cut". LOL! :bow:

There is more than one short story I have read that has kirk getting his cut. Their is even one when kirk is put on trial by the kid who helps them get into krakos place. He wanted his piece of the action that kirk promised.

I loved the episode. Kirk really tried to fit in. He was a bit too convincing. Except he did have a hard time with the clutch.

agreed, this one was a true example of a classic. I also love the end where Spock and Kirk are up in arms about McCoy having left his communicator and how after learning to work the inner workings of it, they would be bacn to demand a piece of THIER action... :assimilated:

Love it

and the funny voice Spock uses after Kirk does has me in a fit of the giggles every time!

Very light-hearted humorous episode in the midst of all the drama. One of my favs. BTW, didn't they bring back the Mayberry set for that one :sweatdrop: