Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

The Antiques Roadshow

Who else enjoys the Antiques Roadshow? I love watching all of the antiques as well as the fakes.

The most valuable item I've ever seen on it was a Spanish Conquistador Helmet that a woman found in her attic stuffed up in the rafters. She wasn't sure what it was so she brought it in to be looked at. She was dumbfounded when the person told her it was worth $250,000.00.... makes me want to search the attic rafters!

Antique roadshow is the name of one of my tractors but anyways. Some person found a native american blanket that was worth 20,000-25,000 or more. But I forgot.

Oh yea, I saw that one with the helmet. That was amazing. And another guy had a Federalist table, remember that one, worth about a half a million :D

I also like the show "FIND" with the Keno brothers, Leigh and Leslie, or is it Lee? That show is usually on late here though, so I don't get to see it that often, wish it was on earlier.

Edited by Jeanway

It has been some months, but I watched the Antiques Roadshow a lot. I've always enjoyed it. They came to my area once, but sadly I was unable to go. Next time they are ever are in my area I won't miss it. I would love to see what a few of my antiques are worth.

--

Frasier had an episode revolving around it one time. I don't know the title of the episode, but it was in one of the later seasons.

Happy Forth of July!!

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I love Antiques Roadshow, although I don't get to see it much. I was watching the day the Keno Brothers told a woman her small table was worth over $200,000 - it sold at auction for about $300,000 - she let one of the Kenos set it up for her. The story was written up in Reader's Digest a few years ago.

I'm from a family of pack rats that, on both sides, have lived in the same area for generations. I see things on the show one of us has in our house handed down from great-so-and-so. But ours probably aren't worth anything, knowing our luck. :D Besides, my father would never let us sell any of it! :D

I enjoy the program but sadly I have nothing of any value. I'm just a poor girl, but I have the soul God gave me and occassionally a dream.