Sign in to follow this  
Zagreus

Playing With Continuity

Is it just me or are people overly bothered about the tampering Enterprise is doing to the established Trek universe? Why do people moan when it is likely we still have a few seasons of the show to go where everything can be set right or an explanation can be offered. When it was announced that Enterprise was going into the Delphic Expanse there was an uproar because such a place had never been mentioned in Kirk and beyond's time. Well now we know why. It was artificially created and there is no Expanse because the Spheres causing it were turned off. Simple. And the whole Regeneration debacle! It doesnt actually change anything of the Borg lore we know. I'm not worried about Enterprise, it'll work out.

In my opinion ENT has not done anything to ST continuity. Just like Klingonmike said, it can all be explained.

I wonder why people complain about species like the Denobulans, and the Xindi, because they were not seen in the past. I think in First Contact, Picard tells Lily there are over 150 planets in the Federation. While there were probably less in Kirk's time, it is clear we did not see every Federation member in TOS.

So it is reasonble to create stories involving some of those species we did not see then!

In my opinion ENT has not done anything to ST continuity. Just like Klingonmike said, it can all be explained.

And....If it can't, they'll make something up :laugh:

Having recently attended a convention, I've discovered that the main continuity problem is the Klingons. The main problems, according to many Trekkies, are the ridges and the fact that we didn't make first contact with them until Kirk's time.

People do whine about that a lot...takes all the fun out of it for me....I

love Ent and people should just relax/slow down a bit and live longer.

Yes Zagreus I agree with you and others on this thread, some fans are overly bothered by things most of which the ending for hasn't even been written yet. Isn't that a form of putting the cart before the horse?

I admit I sometimes wonder if a reset button is waiting in the wings but until I see it pushed I'm going to remain optimistic any needed solutions will be artfully done by the writers without resorting to that.

These people just need to get a life to be honest. If their own lives are so boring and unsatisfying that they have to whine and complain about others to feel better, that doesn't say a whole lot about their character.

Ent. has pretty good continuity as far as I can tell and the Klingon thing has never been satisfactorily explained in any series. Although some people look to that Tribble episode on DS9 as an explanation, there is nothing but an off-hand comment by Worf to lighten the moment. First Contact could be classified and the whole TCW thing might be classified at too high a level for the truth to get out about Klang.

If you want continuity issues, look at the website for the upcoming special guest in chat. I love TOS, but let's face it, it wasn't exactly hard science. They made it up as they went along. People just bash and bash and bash B & B and worship Roddenberry when in actual fact the great man himself wasn't above making very basic blunders, as shown on the site linked to above.

my big thing is not the continuity its the technology. Yes I know that if they tried to make everything not as complicated than TOS the show would look realy bad. I just wish some of the things would look at least a little more like they did in TOS.

my big thing is not the continuity its the technology.  Yes I know that if they tried to make everything not as complicated than TOS the show would look realy bad.  I just wish some of the things would look at least a little more like they did in TOS. 

Maybe they should use Apple-look-alike technology instead of PC-look-alike tech? :dude:

In my opinion, the people who don't watch Enterprise because of Klingon Ridges or Romulan encounters or becuase the ship look like an Akira class ship, aren't much different from the people who think all black and white movies are boring or won't watch TOS, because of the old special effects.

Watch it for the story and the charcters. I don't think any body has messed with continuity on the Human or Vulcan make-up yet (I don't think that's possible). So watch it, and if at the end of the series you still have questions then you might have some more ground.