Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

William Shatner On Enterprise?

damm straight , i think that william shatner was the best captain of the series and movie aspects, but then again it is funny about archer who keeps throwin everyone in the airlock though

:eek:

But seriously , I think All Start trek series are great

Really? As Kirk? But he's so old...... Maybe as Kirk's grandfather or something.....

:o I too hope he is on ENT it would be great to see old lady killer in action again :eek::tear::eek:

Edited by hangon

If they do it right, having Kirk on Enterprise could be a good thing. I love the series as it is, and having Shatner appear won't really affect me very much. Let's just hope that it can boost the ratings a bit and make Paramount happy.

I think that would be neat but it could backfire on them. Already so many non-ENT-fans accuse tptb of gimmicking up ENT for ratings, they'll have new ammo. One episode wont secure it's future anyway. They need to write episodes giving us ALL what we EXPECTED from it, then it's prosperity will grow from it's new-found popularity.

I think that would be neat but it could backfire on them. Already so many non-ENT-fans accuse tptb of gimmicking up ENT for ratings, they'll have new ammo. One episode wont secure it's future anyway. They need to write episodes giving us ALL what we EXPECTED from it, then it's prosperity will grow from it's new-found popularity.

I agree. Season 3 had many great episodes and the actors have really gotten into their roles. If they try to "change" the series now the ratings would drop even lower.

It would completely undermine the work of the actors on the show now to bring in Shatner for a ratings grab. Let's face it, that's all it is (and I like "Ent"). It's worse than that, it's an insult to those currently working on the show. It doesn't even matter to me how they bring him in. The only thing I can see is through the TCW, and even then, do we really need to see a super-sized version of Captain Kirk?

If Shatner appears on ENT, it will be the final nail in the coffin for what is already an abysmal show.

I'm going to give ENT another chance. If the first few episodes of Season Four don't impress me, I'm done with it.

:theforce: :P

I wonder just how they plan on getting him in...

The whole idea could potentially turn out great, but... as it has been said before, it could backfire.

It will very interesting to see William Shatner on the Enterprise. It will look like rating grab.

"A ratings dog"

Enterprise hasn't posted spectacular ratings, but it's been up against some stiff competition, like American Idol and Smallville. This sound bite makes it sound like Enterprise is desperate for any ratings boost. They don't mention the huge fan response to Enterprise's cancellation scare, or the fact that Shatner is the one who came up with the idea of bringing Kirk back.

Keep in mind this came from Fox News, they aren't known for being accurate.

I would say they are as accurate as any other news network.

But between the low ratings of ENT and my general belief that the show is abysmal, together with the poor performance of Nemesis, I think Star Trek is close to death right now.

:dude:

I've actually found Fox to be more accurate and reliable then any of the other networks.

Fox is more accurate actually than CNN....

Oh well....

You do have to question the ratings grab theory. I mean look at Shatner. No offense but he really fat. I don't understand why that would really play into a role. I could understand about Brent spiner, but Shatner is not in the best of health. He also isn't in his prime anymore.

Fox is more accurate actually than CNN....

Oh well....

You do have to question the ratings grab theory. I mean look at Shatner. No offense but he really fat. I don't understand why that would really play into a role. I could understand about Brent spiner, but Shatner is not in the best of health. He also isn't in his prime anymore.

These are rather ungenerous comments, WAB.

There are seniors, and other people 'past their prime' who particpate fully in the Star Trek universe. There are even people who are 'past their prime' who particpate regularly on this board.

I've actually found Fox to be more accurate and reliable then any of the other networks.

Sorry, I guess I forgot about the "Fair and Balanced View" that Fox takes. Check out Robert Greenwald's documentary "OutFoxed".

It would completely undermine the work of the actors on the show now to bring in Shatner for a ratings grab.  Let's face it, that's all it is (and I like "Ent").  It's worse than that, it's an insult to those currently working on the show.  It doesn't even matter to me how they bring him in.  The only thing I can see is through the TCW, and even then, do we really need to see a super-sized version of Captain Kirk?

233269[/snapback]

I'd be more insulted as an actor if my paycheck stopped coming because my show got canceled ....

If Shatner can boost ratings and keep Paramount happy, then Enterprise might enjoy a full 7 season run just like TNG, DS9 and VOY. Some of the actors on this show may never work on t.v. again, sad as that may be. I'd like to see them stay on the air as long as they can ... bring back each of the TOS cast if that is what will make that happen.

Just my opinion :tribble: