Sign in to follow this  
ARMS

I'm Hurt

should i be good or bad?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. should i be good or bad?

• Good
    • Bad

nice guys are better - bad boys are, in the end, refuse-holes...

and all that horse-pucky about nice guys, who wrote THAT?!? hmph and ahem, indeed... :eek:

I have to agree with Jeanway that you don't have to dig up your past to rememer who you are. You know how when you're watching tv you sometimes have to turn down the fan or something to hear the really quiet discussions. Sometimes you have to turn down the external noise in your life to hear your inner voice.

You've mentioned you're the type of person to come to another's assistance when they are in need. Lending a hand is actually a good way to get in touch with yourself, so is taking care of a pet etc. Personally, I find taking walks in a beautiful nature area or taking care of my garden are restorative and bring me peace.

I actually get rejuvinated when I babysit - the parents desperately need the break and the little guys keep me in touch with a part of life I too easily overlook. I'm not recommending that for you but I do recommend you find something outside of yourself. It takes your mind off of things and does help you get in touch with yourself.

As for all these "philosophies" as to whether good guys or bad guys finish last. I find it sad that people have rules for relationships? And it is very depressing that people are so cynical about other people (however, having been there I understand it)

My question is how can you know what kind of person you want to have a relationship with if you don't know what kind of person you are?

Here's something I like. It states as well as anything I've ever read the simple plan for living your life.

Desiderata